Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The day the POWER went out at CLO EUS.

Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Default MOAR

Moar stories Mest Lover - MOAR !

Great thread and posts
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Mestlover, they have continuously had trouble paying their Con Edison Electric bill and have been sued on multiple occasions by them to force the courts to return their electric boxes and cut them off. The NY church can't even afford an attorney for these matters, either. ( The current lawsuit is against Scn Religious Trust as holder of title to the building now).

The current lawsuit is still active, despite the church scraping up enough money to have avoided previous legal attempts, which go back a long time. Same thing with NY Celebrity Center.

Court: New York County Civil Court
    Index Number: RE-400416-06/NY
    Case Name: CONSOLIDATED EDISON COMPANY OF NEW YORK INC
    vs.
    THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGYRELIGIOUS TRUST
    Active - Pending Further Review
    Case Type: Replevin
    Classification: General
    Filing Date: 03/27/2006
    Disposition Date:
    Calendar Number:
    Jury Demand: No
    Judge Name:

Attorney/Firm(s) For Plaintiff - CONSOLIDATED EDISON COMPANY OF NEW YORK INC:
    RICHARD W. BABINECZ Attorney Type: Firm
    4 IRVING PLACE
    New York, New York 10003

Attorney/Firm(s) For Defendent:
    THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGYRELIGIOUS TRUST -
    -----------------

Index Number: RE-050647-04/NY
    vs.
    THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGYRELIGIOUS TRUST
    Disposed
    Filing Date: 09/10/2004
    Disposition Date: 06/06/2008
    Calendar Number:
    Judge Name:

4 IRVING PLACE
    New York, New York 10003

Attorney/Firm(s) For Defendant - THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGYRELIGIOUS TRUST:

------------------

Index Number: RE-400612-05/NY
    vs.
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF NEW YORK
    Disposed
    Filing Date: 04/25/2005
    Calendar Number:
    Judge Name:

4 IRVING PLACE
    New York, New York 10003

Attorney/Firm(s) For Defendant - CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF NEW YORK:
    ----------------------
    Index Number: RE-001223-99/NY
    vs.
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF NY

Filing Date: 08/25/1999
    Calendar Number:
    Judge Name:

4 IRVING PLACE
    New York, New York 10003

Attorney/Firm(s) For Defendant - CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF NY:

----------------

Index Number: RE-401523-07/NY
    vs.
    CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY CELEBRITY CENTER
    Active
    Filing Date: 11/07/2007
    Disposition Date:
    Calendar Number:
    Judge Name:

ROBERT L. LEWIS Attorney Type: Attorney
    312 WEST 71ST STREET
    New York, New York 10023

Attorney/Firm(s) For Defendant - CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY CELEBRITY CENTER: -
    -----------------

Replevin
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In creditors' rights law, replevin, sometimes known as "claim and delivery," is a legal remedy for a person to recover goods unlawfully withheld from his or her possession, by means of a special form of legal process in which a court may require a defendant to return specific goods to the plaintiff at the outset of the action (i.e. before judgment). In other situations, a party seeking relief may elect to adjudicate the right to possession prior to obtaining immediate relief to obtain the property in question. In such cases, replevin actions are still designed to afford the petitioning party a relatively speedy process for obtaining judgment, as compared to typical lawsuits. The summary remedy afforded by replevin statutes can be thwarted by defendants who contest the claimant's right to possession, by contesting the plaintiff's complaint, and insisting on traditional litigation involving discovery, and in some cases, trial by jury.

Replevin actions are often filed by secured creditors seeking to take possession of collateral securing loans or other debt instruments, such as retail installment contracts. A common example is where an automobile finance company initiates a replevin action to gain possession of a vehicle, following payment default. Replevin actions are usually employed when the lender cannot find the collateral, or cannot peacefully obtain it through self-help repossession. Replevin actions may also be pursued by true owners of property, e.g., consignors seeking return of consigned property that the party in possession will not relinquish for one reason or another.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replevin
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    My blogs include:
    Formerly Fooled and Finally Free From The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

Ex-Sea Org Helpline
    "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Patron with Honors

In Boston once, we didn't pay the gas bill and our gas got cut off. They actually went into the boiler room in the basement, shut off the valve and put a padlock on it. Rick Hickey, the D of P at that time, decided he needed heat in the auditing rooms, so got a bolt cutter, cut off the padlock and turned the gas back on.

One of the spiral arms of the Milky Way galaxy, the Sol system, Planet Earth

lol, I can remember many times stalling the electric company rep. while the ED ran around trying to push an emergency check thru FP. My wife can remember two times when it actually went off. she said we were told to lie about it. We were just a mission, it's good to hear that Orgs and the mighty CLO also had this problem.
    And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. Jesus.

My life and Scn.
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=17442

Not Sea Org Qualified Mest Lover's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R6Basic View Post
    the mighty CLO
    That was funny.

It's funny how CLO EUS couldn't pay its bills on time.
    Rarely paid the S.O. members their $30.00 per week in order to pay what bills they did pay.

Yet, after renos on Sunday was a big ice cream party made with pints and pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, and fruit and whip cream etc.

If I am sounding a bit upset here on this its because I was usually never invited due to being on post. I bought my own cherry garcia or chunky monkey with whatever pay I got whenever they paid me.

I am wondering how much all the cleaning supplies and the party rang up to every week, free labor helps I guess.

I was the: Security Chief CLO EUS 1989 -1991
    Fine Print: -> I never signed the Sea Organization billion year contract!
    What ethical organization would allow the likes of me to be an uncontracted security chief?
    Scientology, that's who - Idiots! Sea Organization my ass!
    Need help leaving? call this number: 1-866-XSEAORG You can leave NOW! REALLY!
    Make your Freedom Day TODAY!

Patron with Honors

Default Re: The day the POWER went out at CLO EUS.

What a story I bet they spent more on the generator then it cost to pay the bill. Got to love that LRH managment tech it does such a good job of running an org .It seems like they have such a hard time dealing with the real world for many reasons .First they have the delusion that LRH had the answers to all problems even when the mest in front of them contradicts that view. Another thing is that they think that "postulating" something makes it so Try jumping off a bridge postulating that because you did OT 8 gravity does'nt exist (Hint bring a parachute) Reminds me of Larry Woodcraft telling the renovation people for the freewinds about the asbestos and their reaction that LRH policy did'nt say anything about the danger so Larry did'nt know what he was talking about even though he had education in navel architecture .Hubbard had a little knowledge about a lot of things but felt like he was an expert in everything so Scientology is a mix of his nutty ideas and beliefs a little superficial understanding of science and a whole lot of oversized ego !

7. Thanks Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Freeminds's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mest Lover View Post
    I was assigned to research and purchasing of the marble facade.
    . . .
    Long before they got cladding on their building, they already had a façade.

Word Clearing...

Noun:
    The face of a building, especially the principal front that looks onto a street or open space.

Figurative:
    An outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.

You don't have to worry about squirrels
    unless you are a nut.

Silver Meritorious Patron Helena Handbasket's Avatar
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I've Fallen Far Too Far Behind

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    I remember the NY Org building.
    A number of years back, in NY Org, they built auditing rooms with insulation between the rooms.

Now there are two ways you can insulate rooms from each other. One way is thermally, so that heat doesn't escape, the other is acoustically (soundproofing). I think whoever was in charge of insulating did it the wrong way, because you could hear what was going on in one room from another.

Helena

10. Likes Anakin Skywalker liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron GreyLensman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helena Handbasket View Post
    A number of years back, in NY Org, they built auditing rooms with insulation between the rooms.

Now there are two ways you can insulate rooms from each other. One way is thermally, so that heat doesn't escape, the other is acoustically (soundproofing). I think whoever was in charge of insulating did it the wrong way, because you could hear what was going on in one room from another.

Helena
    They probably stuffed fiberglas between the studs of the wall and then put a single layer of drywall. That's what amateurs do...

A sound deadening wall can be made by framing 2x6 on the floor and ceiling, then staggering 2x4 vertical studs so neither wall touches each other except at the 2x6 plate, each side having its own supporting studs, then fill with fiberglass, and drywall with two layers on each side, four total, both taped and coated.

I've never seen Scientology renos done at a pro level. They are always, always certain, especially at Sea Org level, that they know better. They grab data from (out of their ass) the whole track.
    Please call me by my true names
    so I can hear all my cries and laughs at once...
    --
    Thich Nhat Hanh

12. Likes freethinker liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rickglass View Post
    Talking from the experience of being the son of a DPW electrician up here in MA, they probably used what is known as a gas-powered rotary cutoff saw. It works just like a chainsaw, only uses a thin fiber or metal wheel to cut through, well, ANYTHING. Stone, wood, steel, electrical cable, concrete, etc . . .
    Having been involved in such activities, I can also vouch for the chainsaw/grinder gizmo, although its usually a last resort. The easiest way to disconnect a customer from their electricity supply is to disable the internal switchboard and/or remove the outside pole-fuse. Slicing the cable is not actually a necessary procedure and is usually only carried out when access to a building is dangerous or otherwise impractical. The segment of cable to be sliced is, under ideal circumstance, isolated. Oh, yeah . . . a cable/slice is also done to particularly annoying customers because it costs them a lot more to get fixed. Plus, their supply contact may also insist on designated electricians to do the job. WIN-WIN for the power company; and so much for Scientologists knowing how to know how to pay the bill.
    "A person will never be free from Scientology if they use Scientology to explain Scientology - they will always be left with huge unexplained gaps that can never be answered because the answers Scientology gives are inadequate and false." - Alanzo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast