Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Scientology and Homosexualty - my story from the inside...

Hi imnotafraidanymore,

So let's see if I get this right...
    Basically they punish you for having done something heterosexual? :D

Oh well, I'm glad that you, your child, and it's mother are out here in the real world, where you can have contact to your child whenever you want to.

I'm sure it'll be fun to see it grow up and teach it a thing or two every now and then.
    The best things in life are free.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. (W. C. Fields)
    If Scientology is a Triumph of the Will... then ESMB is a Triumph of the Won't. (HelluvaHoax)
    The most effective 'Tech' is 'Let Scientology Be Scientology (in front of witnesses)' (Zinjifar)
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. (Unknown)

Disclaimer: I've never been in Scientology or in any other cult; I'm just a critic.

Welcome to the big beautiful world outside Scientology where your sexuality belongs to you and does not require approval from anyone. Glad you're here
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park

Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar

I'm glad your out, both owning your sexuality and out of an organization that represses alternative lifestyles.

Silver Meritorious Patron Outethicsofficer's Avatar

Hi Iamnotaffraidanymore,

Thanks for having the courage to put more of your story up...good on you! I know how hard it has been for you over the years and I have been witness to some of that hardship, your post raises a strong point in relation to discrimination and in particular discrimination of persons with sexual preferences not considered to be the 'norm'.

I recall well what LRH wrote about homosexuality and just where that sat as far as he was concerned, go to any pre 2007 version of Science of Survival to find what he said. He has said more in other texts too.

If Scientology achieved ever it's aims of world domination those of a sexual disposition not considered to be 'normal' had better watch out. Extermination is indicated. Oh they (the church) have made the texts, the basic books reflect a more politically correct view. BUT THEY STILL HOLD HUBBARD'S ABHORRENCE OF HOMOSEXUALS AS SENIOR.

Look at the treatment of Michael Pattinson at the hands of the church!

This link may have been put up some time before but it is well worth revisiting:

http://vimeo.com/5416882

Iamnotaffraidanymore was lucky to have escaped their clutches.

James
    Last edited by Outethicsofficer; 30th March 2010 at 11:04 PM.
    Rather the purpose is to make new scientologists.
    And that is what they are trying to fool libraries, businesses and schools into helping them do - spread Scientology and make new scientologists.

Thanks to Lawrence Brennan for the above quote.

Thank you all so much for you support. It was difficult forcing myself to write what happend down. I stuggled to believe that this could happen and that they would treat people like this before they had even been fully accepted into the Sea Org. I honestly believe they were never going to let me join and just had the aim of destroying me as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherished View Post
    <3 you, INAA.

I remember you telling part of your story previously. I'm sorry you went through that horrible treatment. How many different people were involved in trying help you "handle" being gay? Do you recall?
    There was only 2 people involved in this both lived in the appartment that i was lodged at. It was not even correct auditing as the session was not set up in a way that followed the tech.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    Sorry to read about your troubles,
    I have never heard of the church giving a nontrained person an emeter to use on the street, much less in the org. Especially a new one the church considers out-ethics and PTS. Could you elaborate?

Thanks
    Mary McConnell
    I was given a 5-10minuite go over of the e-meter which basically consits of when someone says something that you think is their ruin then bump this dial untill the needle flips and show them their ruin.... Disgusting actions.. As for the PTS situation i was quickly moved from doing this as soon as the situation occured..

Quote Originally Posted by Outethicsofficer View Post
    Look at the treatment of Michael Pattinson at the hands of the church!
    Michael is a very nice person and a true gentleman.
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park

Quote Originally Posted by imnotafraidanymore View Post
    Dear Reader;

The following is my account of how i got involved in Scientology and how i was treated when they discovered i was gay. There is more to my roller coaster ride in this cult that i will share later but this is about the homosexual discrimination and the physical and mental abuise i suffered as a result.

snip

I share this story as i believe it shows you that the Church of Scientology's total disregard for Human Rights and their attitude towards homosexuals.
    Thank you for your story. As a gay man myself, I've received numerous emails and letters from others in the gay & lesbian community that had experienced heartache, abuse & disconnection as a result of being gay.

The cult has shamelessly coordinated PR efforts to give the impression that it does not discriminate against gays and has succeeded in luring more & more people from that community into the cult. Only after one has spent thousands of dollars are they brought to the realization that Scientology is aggressively anit-gay.

http://blog.pinknews.co.uk/2007/06/gay_journo_slam.html

Two of the 2nd generation Scientologists that have cultivated this false PR is
    Greg Churilov, who claims Scientology "cured" him of his homosexuality, and Keith Relkin who interviewed with a gay magazine claiming to be a happy, openly gay Scientologist.

http://www.liveandgrow.org/fab-scn.html

Keith Relkin started a gay Scientologist support group in 2006 called "Clear Rainbow", which was formed "for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual Scientologists and their friends." One of the "friends" of the group was Rex Fowler, OT VII, (awaiting trial on 1st degree murder charges in Colorado) who posted as "OT Cowboy".

Relkin claims he had the permission of his superiors to form the group and a Yahoo! group. However, when Miscavige learned of this, Clear Rainbow was disbanded and Relkin was admonished, leading him to blow Scientology, and be disconnected from his family.

He has since returned to Scientology and has remained totally silent about his being gay or outreach to "gay" Scientologists. A friend who knows Keith & his family told me Keith is, allegedly, undergoing processing to cure him of his HIV.

Silver Meritorious Patron Arthur Dent's Avatar

I was told that i would need to complete a number of courses at my own expense to complete this. They said i was to call my mum and tell her i need her to pay for one of the courses and it was really important. I was drilled through the entire process prior to calling her and actively coached the entire way through it.
    I had to call my grandfather long distance so I had to pay for the call in a phone booth outside with flanked by two regges priming me on what to say. I'm glad he said no. If anyone did this to my kids I'd break their arms off and beat them over their heads with them! This course of manipulation from the earliest point on "the bridge" is amazing.

Sorry you had such an abusive experience, Imnotafraid, for being gay.
    It's not right at all.

But for the record, we have all been abused on one issue or another and most likely had our human rights violated. I know I did. Big time. So, we understand!

Glad you are telling your story so others can see the farce and evil! It is so very valuable!
    Arthur Dent.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=16696
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?24109

Lurkers, hate to disappoint, but it really is a cult. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by imnotafraidanymore View Post
    Thank you all so much for you support. It was difficult forcing myself to write what happend down. I stuggled to believe that this could happen and that they would treat people like this before they had even been fully accepted into the Sea Org. I honestly believe they were never going to let me join and just had the aim of destroying me as a person.
    You are made of strong stuff, much stronger than those who tried to harm you.
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

- Terril Park

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast