Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Scientology and Homosexualty - my story from the inside...

Patron with Honors

Default possibly gay...

I was really good friends with "Shit head Tommy" sister and it suprises me everytime I see that idoit on TV as he wasn't the brightest kid and actually would stutter or have to stop and think....but I remember back then that it was concerning as he dressed and acted gay but outsiders just thought it was him being "preppy"......I understand he is "married" but so are a lot of gay men.
    From what I understood as a kid, I wouldn't be suprised later if this comes out. I wonder what ever happen to his sister? it would be interesting to see what stories she has.

I responded to a request for stories from the inside by someone trying to help Maria Pia with her legal battle with Scientology. I woke up this morning to discover that it had been published in a Italian online newspaper..

Here is the link

http://www.mondoraro.org/2010/04/04/...mental-abuise/

Free1996, well that confirms what I've always thought. Thank you for that. When he screams and shouts it's not Mussolini at work, it's just a camp hissy fit. Like he can't see why he can't take his barbie in to class for show and tell.

If only he realised how free he could be, free to really be himself if Tommy Davis could just get out of denial, I might even like him if he could like who he really is!

Patron Meritorious

Welcome IANAA and thank you for sharing your story.

It never ceases to amaze me how the cult shows blatant disregard for the basics of human rights. Their only goal is to "accept" long enough to get what they want (money and bodies) and then they resort to tactics that parallel extortion.

Humankind is made up of people with varying religions, disabilities, sexualities, thought processes, intelligence, etc... But one thing needs to always remain intact. Everyone everywhere deserves basic kindness and tolerance.

There will always be those whose views differ from ones own. But that is what makes the human race so...human and normal. Extremism on any level is counter to all that is good and should be accepted.

IANAA, you are a very courageous individual deserving of all my repsect. I truly look up to you for blowing the church and for coming out.

Best wishes to you and your family.

-PWC

Default What a Mad, Insane World That "Church" Would Create!

Yes, what a mad, insane and crazy world it would be if the CofS ever got the political or other power it seeks to enforce its "standards" on society . . . as it actually does, per its own policy doctrines, wish to do!

I know for a fact that it has barred gays from the OT Levels.

Jay Johnson, the owner of the American Folk Art Gallery, Madison Avenue, New York, was barred from the OT Levels when I knew him (1980-83) because he was gay! The dictate put down on him at the time was that he had to "be cured" or at least stop his "out-ethics sexual practices" to be allowed on the levels.

Jay eventually died (sometime about 1987 or so) of AIDS, never having gotten onto the levels.

When you look at this in the context of its claims that we are spiritual in nature, and that its processing procedures will raise one above the fixation on bodies and bodily death, it can be seen as totally illogical and nuts that such a prohibition exists.

It is for these and many other reasons that a full and thorough governmental investigation into the CofS must be carried out . . . . as it must be recognized by our elected Representatives that this "church" has the actual policy and intent to be a political force, and to enforce its "standards of conduct and behavior" on all within its purview. Remember that little line of Hubbard's . . ."Political control depends on numbers" . . . and he went on to refer to the need for the church to increase its numbers in order to give it the political control he sought.

RogerB
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

Gold Meritorious Patron The Great Zorg's Avatar

Red face Very brave

Most cool and very brave of you to post your story!

I watched, 30 years ago as an finance executive in a an org physically manhandle and throw out on the street a staff member, a guy of slight build who came out and admitted that he was gay. This gay guy was very quiet and usually friendly and he in no way deserved the treatment he received. I believe he was subsequently declared pts or a sp. He died 20 years later, of aids, all too young.

This executive who threw out the gay guy?: HE was a male prostitute before getting on lines and joining staff! He was also an abusive bully and a pure asshole. That's what got him up the ranks before he blew or was removed.

I wonder where each of these guys will end up, in the hereafter?
    There is more to the universe(s) then all the words of all the men that have ever lived could ever begin to describe.

EVERYTHING in scientology, to some degree, is a lie. RUN! Do not look back!

For something more positive and healing, for those in pain, have a look at this website: http://mynaturalpainrelief.net

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Jay Johnson, the owner of the American Folk Art Gallery, Madison Avenue, New York, was barred from the OT Levels when I knew him (1980-83) because he was gay! The dictate put down on him at the time was that he had to "be cured" or at least stop his "out-ethics sexual practices" to be allowed on the levels.

Jay eventually died (sometime about 1987 or so) of AIDS, never having gotten onto the levels.
    Not getting onto the OT levels probably gave Jay a few more years of life, due to reduced stress plus more money to spend on medical care.

It's ironic the John McMasters, the "first clear" was gay. Do you know when this (barring gays from OT levels) crept in?
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

Quote Originally Posted by imnotafraidanymore View Post
    Thank you all so much for you support. It was difficult forcing myself to write what happend down. I stuggled to believe that this could happen and that they would treat people like this before they had even been fully accepted into the Sea Org. I honestly believe they were never going to let me join and just had the aim of destroying me as a person.
    Or their real goal was to make you spend all your money on preparations to enter the SO, then toss you on the street when there was no more money you could borrow.
    “The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.”
    ― Ayn Rand,

Gold Meritorious Patron The Great Zorg's Avatar

Question

I had read somewhere that hubbard had his 'gay' moments. I believe it was inferred by nibs: I believe I read it or followed some links posted at A.R.S. some years ago.

If this were true, then that fucker created a massive scam while carrying around his own 'withholds', attacking anyone that 'missed it'.

By the by, the phenomena of a 'missed withhold', those unsure, uncertain, nervous moments when some one almost finds out about a misdeed is, imo, entirely subjective! In later years, when I hid my $cientology connections from others (friends, co-workers, etc.) I would occasionally have my 'withhold' of the 'overt' of being a $cientologist 'missed' when others began discussing the cult. This was one of my many wake-up calls regarding the cult: how could being a $cientologist be an 'overt' and as such how could that 'overt' be 'missed'? It's really rather simple, I concluded: I believed it was socially unacceptable and wrong to have been a $cientologist and therefore it was an 'overt' and by not disclosing it and the 'overt' was constantly 'missed'. Right or wrong, entirely subjective, missed 'withhold' or no 'overt' to begin with! What a head fuck!
    There is more to the universe(s) then all the words of all the men that have ever lived could ever begin to describe.

EVERYTHING in scientology, to some degree, is a lie. RUN! Do not look back!

For something more positive and healing, for those in pain, have a look at this website: http://mynaturalpainrelief.net

Default Welcome

Welcome to the free-world!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast