Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Scientology and Homosexualty - my story from the inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Thank you for your story. As a gay man myself, I've received numerous emails and letters from others in the gay & lesbian community that had experienced heartache, abuse & disconnection as a result of being gay.

The cult has shamelessly coordinated PR efforts to give the impression that it does not discriminate against gays and has succeeded in luring more & more people from that community into the cult. Only after one has spent thousands of dollars are they brought to the realization that Scientology is aggressively anit-gay.

http://blog.pinknews.co.uk/2007/06/gay_journo_slam.html

Two of the 2nd generation Scientologists that have cultivated this false PR is
    Greg Churilov, who claims Scientology "cured" him of his homosexuality, and Keith Relkin who interviewed with a gay magazine claiming to be a happy, openly gay Scientologist.

http://www.liveandgrow.org/fab-scn.html

Keith Relkin started a gay Scientologist support group in 2006 called "Clear Rainbow", which was formed "for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual Scientologists and their friends." One of the "friends" of the group was Rex Fowler, OT VII, (awaiting trial on 1st degree murder charges in Colorado) who posted as "OT Cowboy".

Relkin claims he had the permission of his superiors to form the group and a Yahoo! group. However, when Miscavige learned of this, Clear Rainbow was disbanded and Relkin was admonished, leading him to blow Scientology, and be disconnected from his family.

He has since returned to Scientology and has remained totally silent about his being gay or outreach to "gay" Scientologists. A friend who knows Keith & his family told me Keith is, allegedly, undergoing processing to cure him of his HIV.
    Thanks for that, Smurf, I was wondering why that crackpot had been silent. As another gay ex, all this is very real. Yay for gay!

Just picking up on this thread after Xenusdad last posted.

Glad you told your personal story. During my time on staff I met, worked with on staff and knew several gay young men in our Org. And, no matter whether they were on staff or public, they were always on a Program C/S'ed to handle their "gayness".

I never answered that nagging question for myself - not back then or since - why do we have to "handle" them (people who are gay)? I loved the PR message of working to Clear The Planet, to help people around the world, to be the most ethical beings, to aid and assist those less fortunate than ourselves. And, of course, by not speaking openly about the subject its much easier to sweep it under the rug, meanwhile keep regging these guys for more intensives. And continue to try to handle them and their "gayness".

I only know of one person who said he handled his homosexuality. I knew him fairly well. He got married, had children, went OT, did lots of outside projects for the church and remains very well connected to Flag. The last time I talked to him, the subject did not come up, but I couldn't help but feel his unwillingness to address anything personal. Maybe he did, my guess is he didn't.

When the time is right, we'd like to hear more of your story. Thank you for sharing this with us. It may be important for someone reading this just now.
    Livin', lovin' and laughin' - Totally OK

Quote Originally Posted by Enthetan View Post
    I saw a photo of DM as a young boy Messenger. He was a "pretty" little boy. I wonder if he has some withholds in that area, from when he was walking around holding LRH's ashtray?

That made me laugh out loud.
    Just the image of Ronda, the Big self important Girl recruiting a child to hold the ashtray to demonstate her loftiness.

There was, maybe possibly even still is,
    a CO$ yahoo group for gay scientologists.

Don't think it exists anymore. Will try and follow up with more details.

I seem to remember an old expression:

'Look more suspiciously at those making the most noise about it'.

That is the more (rabidly) anti gay they are, the more suspect their motives.

Applies to most things really IMO.

I remember watching many years ago, a docu movie about Quentin Crisp, a homosexual in 1920's (I think) Britain. It was called 'The Naked Civil Servant', who was portrayed by John Hurt.

After enduring many bashings from the local thugs and anti gays, he discovered that "some queers are heavies, or all heavies are queers". I think that was his words he uttered then.

Not a nice story, Not Afraid. I am glad you managed to stand tall above the thuggery and shine.

Adolf and Himmler probably would have been proud of the SO.
    Last edited by The_Fixer; 13th March 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Actually, I will have to retract the last part of that previous comment.

Adolph's crew were comptent and efficient. Nothing like the SO crew.

Trust the Psi Corps. Royal Prince Xenu's Avatar

I don't know whether reading these stories is a good thing or a bad thing. Having repressed my own gayness at school and being programmed against it as JW, it didn't really come up in Scn.

I'm glad that INAA got out as quickly as he did and I hope to read later that this helped his cousin wake up to herself.
    "During the chaos of the Eugenics Wars, cultists infiltrated NASA and substituted their own LRH Golden Discs for the official 'Sounds of Earth' records that were to be launched in the Voyager 6 mission. / Hilarity ensued." Gene Roddenberry

SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC

Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    There was, maybe possibly even still is,
    a CO$ yahoo group for gay scientologists.

Don't think it exists anymore. Will try and follow up with more details.
    Smurf talks about it here. Rex Fowler was a member.

The poor 'church' is in a horrible position on this one, in order to seem like a real religion they go a bit 'god hates fags' but in order to appease the rest of humanity they have to appear unprejudiced.

The fact is that the ones that have been in the cult since the seventies just have no idea what is in the world outside the door. They don't read papers, watch the TV or talk to outsiders.

If they see men walking hand in hand they know that the psyches are up to no good.

Looking from a scientology viewpoint I would say that thetans, spiritual being that float around making universes are not naturally sexually interested in any bodies, drooling animal lust for the opposite sex is the results of long painful implants. So scientologically speaking there really is no difference between gay and straight. Having any body is proof of aberration.

However Wrong Cupboard was born 100 years ago, he grew up when homosexuality was not acceptable. The penalties for being found out were huge. People were very brave or stupid if they came out of the closet. There were no gay parades, no clubs waving rainbow flags, no gay dating sites, no small ads in local papers. Gays were secretive, if they wanted to get on in life, or low life toilet loiterers if they didn't care. I think this is why he insisted that those men that hunted chocolate starfish, or ladies that drank from the furry cup were 1.1.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

Trust the Psi Corps. Royal Prince Xenu's Avatar

La La, you remind of an episode of Dame Edna's "Treatment". She tried to trip up Deborah Harry with the question, "Have you ever played Nurses and Nurses?"

Harry's response floored Edna and killed the potential gag, "I've tried it, and I liked it."
    "During the chaos of the Eugenics Wars, cultists infiltrated NASA and substituted their own LRH Golden Discs for the official 'Sounds of Earth' records that were to be launched in the Voyager 6 mission. / Hilarity ensued." Gene Roddenberry

SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast