Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: pics of my cohorts in the sea org

Default Re: pics of my cohorts in the sea org

This is a really old post, but I have to comment because I recognize so many of these young faces and it really brings be back! While being in the Sea Org as an actual kid was exhausting, bizarre and sometimes scary... For a lot of us there were many fun times with friends. Often doing "out ethics" things, or whatever. Those are my good memories.

I think the original poster of these pictures is probably a little older than me and was probably in the Sea Org a little bit before I joined. I was a little younger than most of the people in these photos, but I shared a dorm with at least 3 of the girls in these photos and was close to 2 of them. I reconnected with one of the young men in these photos several years post- Sea Org and was briefly friends with his group of ex Sea Org/vaguely Scientologist young adults, but it was all just a little much for me so I guess I purposely lost touch.

I have pictures that look so much like these... tired looking kids having fun with friends whenever they can have a chance.

For people who have said cameras weren't allowed: I don't know how it is now, but when I was there I always had those disposable cameras and no one ever once said a single thing to me about not being allowed to take pictures.

2. Thanks Enthetan, Type4_PTS, ThetanExterior, scooter, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by katzen View Post
    This is a really old post, but I have to comment because I recognize so many of these young faces and it really brings be back! While being in the Sea Org as an actual kid was exhausting, bizarre and sometimes scary... For a lot of us there were many fun times with friends. Often doing "out ethics" things, or whatever. Those are my good memories.

I think the original poster of these pictures is probably a little older than me and was probably in the Sea Org a little bit before I joined. I was a little younger than most of the people in these photos, but I shared a dorm with at least 3 of the girls in these photos and was close to 2 of them. I reconnected with one of the young men in these photos several years post- Sea Org and was briefly friends with his group of ex Sea Org/vaguely Scientologist young adults, but it was all just a little much for me so I guess I purposely lost touch.

I have pictures that look so much like these... tired looking kids having fun with friends whenever they can have a chance.

For people who have said cameras weren't allowed: I don't know how it is now, but when I was there I always had those disposable cameras and no one ever once said a single thing to me about not being allowed to take pictures.

Welcome Katzen. Was Hubbard still alive when you got in?
    Current technical issues resulting in typos, missed wording and punctuation etc. Hope you can make out what I am trying to say or joke about. Oh and auto correct I mean auto incorrect puts changed words in my posts. In the mountains so signal- connection whenever or dropouts mid posts etc. Lol

I found a lot of pictures from around this same time period at PAC Base, but I'm not really comfortable posting most of them at this time. Since I am no longer in contact with any of these people, I feel weird posting their pictures I guess. Although some of them may be here in this forum. Who knows!

For now, until I decide what I do and do not want to post, I'll leave you with a picture that summarizes my experience pretty well:

This is the door to the berthing unit where I lived most of my time in the Sea Org. It was to my knowledge the largest unit for girls there, and the conditions were pretty gross. There were at least 30 people, and the metal bunks went 3 high of course. Not the fancy 2 high wooded bunks with ladders my parents and I were shown when I was recruited at age 12.

Anyway, you probably can't read the sign on the door. It says: "Look out! The glass is broken from the window" and then the same thing in Spanish I guess. At this time this berthing was mostly young girls and older Hispanic women who spoke almost zero English who were brought in from another country. I'm not 100% sure which country because I didn't speak Spanish. I was there when this window broke, and it cut the foot of one of these older ladies. Blood was spurting everywhere. I don't know who wrote this sign, but clearly the glass and blood weren't actually cleaned up on any sort of timely fashion. In all likelihood they expected the lady who got cut to do it herself.

5. Thanks ThetanExterior, cakemaker, Dulloldfart says "thank you" for this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by katzen View Post
    I found a lot of pictures from around this same time period at PAC Base, but I'm not really comfortable posting most of them at this time. Since I am no longer in contact with any of these people, I feel weird posting their pictures I guess. Although some of them may be here in this forum. Who knows!
    you could pixellate the faces of anyone who you think would care.
    thanks for the pictures.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678