Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: “Earlier, disconnection as a condition was cancelled."

Lightbulb “Earlier, disconnection as a condition was cancelled."

Sling your mud if you have to, but I like to discuss this in the light of these comments.

John Nunez // July 15, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Reply

The following is public record: Robert Vaughn Young was a member of the Church of Scientology for a period of 20 years (1969-1989), he had worked in many areas within the organization including the highest management echelons.

‘IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLORADO – Civil Action No. 95-K-2143: Declaration of Robert Vaughn Young in Support of Defendant’s Opposition to the Motion of Bridge Publications, Inc. for Summary Judgment Against all Defendants for Copyright Infringement. Subscribed and sworn to before me this day of February, 1997, Robert Vaughn Young.’

Section 29 of this affidavit reads:

“I have personal knowledge that material was written and issued under the name of L. Ron Hubbard that he did not author. While working at ASI, I personally wrote material to be issued under his name for several years. This ranged from simple messages to be sent to various organizational staff on events such as his birthday or a holiday, to my composing an entire large directive that was issued under his name. In these instances, they were done without his knowledge or consent. The directive that I wrote concerned the Scientology policy of ‘Disconnection’. The order to do this came from David Miscavige. Miscavige said that we had to reinstitute the Policy of Disconnection and that I was to write the policy for this. I wrote it and it went through several revisions. It was not sent to Hubbard for his approval, but was issued into the Church of Scientology. I might note that at the time I was not working for the Church of Scientology, but was working for a for-profit corporation.”

Lady Minn // July 15, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Reply

Dear John,

Thank you for bringing this up. That reference was one of the things that I used to handle my son. I told him about it over the phone and he found it on the internet. It seemed to make a great difference to him.

I think it would be a good idea for any Scientologist from whom others have disconnected, to make copies of this and send it to the person doing the disconnection. It certainly will get them to think, and usually leads to them looking into other data. This is what happened to me many years ago when I started researching the subject of disconnection on the internet. The same thing happened with my son. Also, the actual policy letter in which LRH cancels disconnection is a good one to show such persons. It is in the earlier editions of the OEC Volumes. What is very interesting is that this is referred to in the NEW “Introduction To Scientology Ethics” issued by the Church as a Basics book. It is on page 207 under the heading of “HISTORY’:

“Earlier, disconnection as a condition was cancelled. It had been abused by a few individuals who’d failed to handle situations which could have been handled and who lazily or irresponsibly disconnected, thereby creating situations even worse than the original because it was the wrong action.” — LRH

Yes, this is in the latest Ethics Basics Book issued by the Church! If this isn’t proof that LRH cancelled disconnection, then I don’t know what would be! In an earlier post, I commented that DM must have forgotten to edit that one out! You can show that to any current member of the Church to support the fact that LRH did cancel disconnection. It lends credibility to Robert Vaughn Young’s affidavit that cancellation as a condition was re-instated without LRH’s knowledge.

Just food for thought from a mad Mom,
    Lady Minn
    http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

-Dalai Lama

IMO people need to know exactly how disconection works if they are going into battle with the COS , beause the cult will bring up the "Disconnection Cancelled" policy.

While the submissions were being heard for the inquiry in OZ, Virginia Stewart claimed she has never ever heard of disconnection in the COS -only from the media.

I think she went too far there, because AFAIK the Disconnection Cancelled Policy is part of many staff courses, especially HCO hats but maybe even on Staff Status 2 etc....(I had to study it when I was in).
    The thing is....the Diconnection Cancelled Policy has to be studied precisely because everyone in the org has to know the *shore story* so as to prevent staff members openly refering to diconnection as a policy. So Virginia Stewart went too far, she *should* have just said that Disconnection had been cancelled and *could* have submitted the policy.

None of this is meant to say that disconnection *really* is/was cancelled of course - just that it was a *shore story*

It is possible that the Disconnection Cancelled policy did not apply to all countries. I think it came out originally after an Inquiry in NZ, or OZ.

Saying Disconnection is canceled and actually doing it are two entirely different things, Hubbard practiced Disconnection on his own children right up until his death. Scientology can not co-exist with non-Scientologists who are not willing to participate in the role playing con game. The Suppressive Person Policy is there for a reason, it is to shelter cult members from the truth.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

I don't remember any Disconnection policies being canceled.
    However, I do remember a "Fair Game" policy supposedly being canceled.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Back in the day disconnection was nothing like it is now. Others may have had different experiences back in the day, but "disconnection" wasn't anything I witnessed seeing problems about. (I had other issues, but not this one.)

I never disconnected from anybody in my life when I was in -- 1972 through 1988 or so. I always knew I had the right to do so, but only remember being coached in ethics to resolve conflicts through two-way communication or (if things were just unnegotiable) through "good roads and fair weather" communication. The emphasis back in the day was to make the church look good. Not stupid like all this disconnection stuff does now.

I do remember seeing goldenrod on people occasionally, but if I knew specific people who'd been declared, I also thought they were assholes -- not in how they thought about the Church, but in how they treated other people. Seemed to me like they actually were assholes.

It's a whole other kind of joint down there now. I honestly don't even recognize it. It's a whole other kind of thing.

What goes on now is just freakin insane! In fact, it's so insane it's like the CoS is just painting a big old target on its chest and back and yelling: "Here, we are. Come get us. We want to be wiped out!" This disconnection shit doesn't even make any sense from any perspective I can imagine the CoS might hold.

TG1

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post
    I remember sometime around 1977 that the GO announced to the org that anyone who was disconnected should reconnect and handle their scene with whomever they were disconnected from because the disconnection policy was causing bad PR. So, everyone was required to reconnect, but I never saw any policy on it or anything in writing. Then sometime later, I don't know when, the disconnection policy went back into play again.
    MY STORY FROM INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...-Ups-and-Downs

"Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from it’s members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. It’s as simple as that." - John Peeler

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn View Post
    Saying Disconnection is canceled and actually doing it are two entirely different things, Hubbard practiced Disconnection on his own children right up until his death. Scientology can not co-exist with non-Scientologists who are not willing to participate in the role playing con game. The Suppressive Person Policy is there for a reason, it is to shelter cult members from the truth.
    If Hubbard didn't want to talk to his kids, that's his business, but it's not okay for the CoS to force what LRH wanted to do with his life, and his family, on anyone else.
    MY STORY FROM INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...-Ups-and-Downs

"Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from it’s members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. It’s as simple as that." - John Peeler

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post
    The fair game policy is still effective and being used. Use of the *term* "fair game" was what was canceled by the policy letter because of the "bad PR" it caused.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Ga...Scientology%29
    Mom's gonna fix it all soon.

Quote Originally Posted by FoTi View Post
    If Hubbard didn't want to talk to his kids, that's his business, but it's not okay for the CoS to force what LRH wanted to do with his life, and his family, on anyone else.
    I completely agree, but the point I'm making is Hubbard knew first hand the con game can not work if people who refuse to play the game are allowed to be around the ones who are playing. His disconnection policy was based on his own first hand experience. It is a very important component of the con game, Scientology will never work in an open society. If it did work in an Open Society, do you think Terril would waste half his life posting those silly Tech outside COS: Success stories propaganda pieces? He wouldn't have to advertise it, people would be knocking down the doors if it really delivered.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by AnonKat View Post
    Sling your mud if you have to, but I like to discuss this in the light of these comments.
    Why would anyone "sling mud" on this?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast