Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Reg Corner

Gold Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Default The Reg Corner

My hope for this thread is to gather stories about registration, primarily from the regges themselves.

If you want to post a story of being regged, that's Ok too, but I'm hoping to get more of them from the perspective of the people who had to "produce" these "products".

An honest airing of the things that happened within Div 6 and Div 2 should be instructive to everyone.

Just to get the ball rolling, here's one:

I’m at Flag regging donations. A guy shows up from Germany. After he settled in for a few days in the HGC and started to have some wins (this was and is carefully monitored by Registration), my boss told me to get him briefed up and regged to donate a large chunk.

So I wander down to the HGC (in these days it was in the Cabannas along side the swimming pool at the FH) to locate the guy. He comes out of session and while he’s waiting in the HGC waiting room, I slide alongside and start the ball rolling.

I noticed he was moving his tongue around a lot in his mouth and I asked about it. He said that he’d had a “small epileptic fit” the night before and had bit his tongue a bit. He stuck it out to show me and it was ASTONISHING! The left 25% of his tongue (front to back) was just flattened – and I mean FLATTENED.

I asked if it hurt and should ne not see a doctor. He said it was getting better.

I asked if he had any medication to use to prevent another episode. As I remember it, he said, “No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

I thought this was strange, but I was there to ask him for a donation.

A few moments later, the Board IC told him that he would be first up the next day, so he should go to bed right away. I asked him if he would stay up and talk to me. He said no, but that he was interested in my project and would love to hear more about it in the morning, right after his first session. So we made an appointment.

Later that night at product conference, my senior verbally “beat the shit out of me” for not getting the cycle done that night. But I went to bed happy that I had a “good cycle” for the next morning. If I got it wrapped up before the 1:00pm product conference, I would be vindicated!

Next morning around 10:00am I wandered down to the HGC looking for my guy. There was a bit of commotion going on near the board, so I elbowed my way in to see what was going on. One of the hotel staff (Flag Crew reg – who was also at the product conference the night before) told me that my guy was dead – died in bed in his room in the night – from (of all things) an epileptic seizure.

So now I end up at the 1:00pm product conference and in front of all the other regges get “dressed down” by the same product officer – BIG TIME.
    Another reg that was there who happened to be from the same country as the dead guy says something like, “What an asshole, that guy always was Dev-T”.

I never mentioned the conversation I had with this prospect the night before. I may have been the last person he ever spoke to.

But I’m doing it now.

Here he is:

Code:

Heribert Pfaff, 31 by NewYorker3, on Flickr
    His story here: http://whyaretheydead.info/room758.html
    I’m not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

2. Thanks Gizmo, Knows, Lurker5, guanoloco, Panda Termint and 8 others says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Knows, guanoloco, Osiris, Idle Morgue, Markus liked this post

Default Less gruesome

Here's a shorty - less gruesome.

I was a TOTAL newbie on staff - 79 or 80. We were herded into Lebanon Hall late at night. Heber gave a briefing to the assembled staff about how the case on the 9 or 11 guys from Snow White was going.

His big announcement (to minimize the overt) was that all the FBI had on us was that we took some copy paper! Roaring cheers all around . I was thinking - .

What a moron I was!

Times such as those were the times when Heber was at his best, being the world's greatest cheerleader (while mixing into his repertoire lots of lies, deceits and deceptions).

He came up to me about 5 years later in the NOTS lounge at AOLA and tried really hard (about 2 hours) to convince me to drop my post and join a new study line-up to become an official spokesperson for the Church.

It was just about at the tail end of the period of time when it could even be considered that a non-SO person could get close to the inner-inner circle. He seemed to have a slightly "free-willed", "somewhat independently operating" "President's Office" or something and he was getting it manned up.

He said my transfer was basically a done deal that I should do it - the agreement in management was all lined-up, the post transfer CSW just a formality - I could start on my full-time PR training the next morning at 9:00am!

Happily for my seniors (and unhappily for many, many public Scientologists), I decided to stay on my own post and wound up becoming a big-time reg for another 12-15 years.

There’s never a happy ending to a Scientology story.

Except one!

Getting OUT!!!!!
    I’m not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

4. Thanks Lurker5, Osiris, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes The_Fixer, Lurker5, Osiris, R6Basic, onthepes and 1 others liked this post

I'm sold! You *are* a great regge

Zinj

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjifar View Post
    I'm sold! You *are* a great regge

Zinj
    It's "reg" in the singular, "regges" in the plural.

Who fricking cares?

7. LOL! Idle Morgue laughed at this post

Default The Fruit Plate Wars

The Fruit-Plate Wars

There is VERY SPECIFIC policy by LRH in relation to Flag that advanced scheduling regges, tours regges, FSMs or anyone for that matter that is trying to talk a public into going to Flag are NOT to pre “qual” anyone. That is to say that you are not to form opinions about whether someone should go to Flag, just get them there regardless and it’ll all get sorted out there.

Well this used to lead to all kinds of reg chicanery – taking advanced payments from people with Psych histories, etc.

We, the staff at Flag worked out a handling line that ran parallel with that stupid Claims Verification Board or whatever it was called. In fact, it was just a routing form through Treasury to verify account balances and then have the guy sign some docs before his “check goes in the mail”.

Here’s how it worked (and probably still does – why mess up a good thing?):

1. Illegal (any A-J reason) PC goes to Flag World Tour event or whatever. Buys a package of auditing and/or training at Flag.
    2. PC arrives.
    3. PC routes into FSO and receives A-J check.
    4. PC gets routed somewhere to sort out his scene, which could include transferring his FSO account $ to his local org (where he may be at least legal for training. This transfer is only done on paper. No $ go from FSO to the org. Why? Because FSO trained so many “outer org” trainees that the Orgs always “owed” FSO.)
    4a. (Alternate handling) MAA office calls us (the regges) to tell us they’re about to R-Factor the guy that he’s not legal for Flag.
    5a. The lucky one of us (who received the advanced notice from the MAA) goes to the MAA office and “happens to walk by”. Meets the poor bastard, body routes him to our offices and briefs him on the wonderful outreach actions of the church and asks if they would like to contribute. When he explains his problem with the FSO, we then say, “That’s OK, you can contribute to the project with a donation from the account you can’t use anyway!”.

This line became so refined that it worked about 90% of the time. Then the (poorer) public just goes home – problem solved – and lots of royalties to LRH!!! (and we got that pesky illegal PC off the base to boot)!

The only problem became which reg got the cycle and it became a PR campaign to get the MAAs office to alert me rather than any other reg. Thus began the “Fruit Plate Wars”. One or another of us regges would contact the restaurant at the FSO and have them make up a fruit plate. A waiter delivered this with great circumstance to the MAAs office at 10:00pm after all the public had gone to their rooms. That thing got so devoured by the MAA office staff!

One time I missed out on a big cycle and went to complain. The MAA said something like, “Well, we got such a nice fruit plate from ______”. I said, “What about yesterday?” Answer, “Oh-yeah, I forgot about that.”

So a few days later I got an advanced heads-up on another cycle. I called the restaurant, “Get me the biggest fucking cheese, meat and fruit plate that’s ever been made! Add Champagne.”

I’m standing in the lobby and out come THREE waiters in full penguin outfits with trays and ice-cooled booze.

15 minutes later, my phone rings from HCO, “Come get your guy.”

I kid you not!

Subsequently, some jealous (and probably hungry) exec cancelled HCO receiving any more fruit plates. But of course, they never cancelled taking money from public they never intended to service!!

So we just had the fruit plates made and body routed anyone we could in for a VIP briefing. A VIP briefing just means we want more than just a token 5k or 10k – we needed real money (but you got Brie!).

Very hard to understand now how we (the staff AND the public) did what we did. It was extremely rare for someone to just tell us to “F-off”.

But they should have!
    Last edited by This is NOT OK !!!!; 31st August 2010 at 03:00 PM.

9. Thanks Knows, ForLease, Lurker5, guanoloco, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes guanoloco, Idle Morgue liked this post

“No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

Tragically it seems to have worked.
    Mom's gonna fix it all soon.

ThisIsNotOK,

These are incredible (and informative) stories!

I especially loved the Fruit Plate Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphOhm View Post
    “No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

12. Likes Lurker5 liked this post
    Patron with Honors Sai Ninja 2000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphOhm View Post

yeah no kidding... but glad his money didn't end up going there... all the same.. what a mess.
    Fear is not the natural state of civilized people. Aung San Suu Kyi

In the end, if you know you did the right thing, you will be unbreakable. My Little Friend (ESMB user)

But it looked so good on the box!!! FrankBooth (ESMB user)

Live Your Life

And the only thing they were concerned about was if the death would cause a PR flap, not that a human being just died ... yeah this is the kind of church I want to belong to.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

15. Thanks Lurker5, Gib, guanoloco says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gib, guanoloco, Osiris liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn View Post
    And the only thing they were concerned about was if the death would cause a PR flap, not that a human being just died ... yeah this is the kind of church I want to belong to.
    Here's another "PR Flap Avoidance" gone bad.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/Kyle_Brennan/

17. Thanks Lurker5, Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast