Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's happening with the San Diego Org?

Default Re: What's happening with the San Diego Org?

Errrk!

Not pretty.

Good.

TG1

2. Likes Mister Mike liked this post

Those photos are not new; I've been looking at the place for a year. Nothing has really changed; it just slowly decays....I see more and more blobs to cover graffiti, boards to cover over broken-out doors and windows, and just general decay. At this point I would love to see them demolish the buildings and build a new Scientology monolith, but that's not going to happen. I think they'll be lucky to sell the mess to some developer. What I'm truly afraid of is that they will demolish the buildings and then abandon the property....I've noticed more and more demolitions of that type in the La Mesa/College area; the Red Oak Steakhouse building in the Crossroads Mall ended up a fenced yard of pebbly rubble, while some houses on Montezuma have just been steps leading to a fenced-off lot for years. The Great Recession has just been brutal to La Mesa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    I drove past the Parkway property a fortnight ago; they now have an Edco dumpster out front. I have a sneaking suspicion they are still gutting the old bowling alley. There are still no signs stating "Future home of SD Ideal Org." A lot more windows have been boarded over. It's an eyesore, but because it's out of the way, nobody notices.
    LOL...it WAS a bowling alley, before it became Coleman College, home of the Famous Computer Museum.

Coleman moved to a better, more central location which is why the property became available. For $9 million bucks. They're trying to sell it for what they paid. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Baker View Post
    For those of us not up on San Diego Org's history, what is this building featured in the brochure? Is it the present org, or the new "idea" org, or something else entirely?

Mark A. Baker
    That is the regular downtown org at 4th and Ash.

Those photos are not new; I've been looking at the place for a year. Nothing has really changed; it just slowly decays....I see more and more blobs to cover graffiti, boards to cover over broken-out doors and windows, and just general decay. At this point I would love to see them demolish the buildings and build a new Scientology monolith, but that's not going to happen. I think they'll be lucky to sell the mess to some developer. What I'm truly afraid of is that they will demolish the buildings and then abandon the property....I've noticed more and more demolitions of that type in the La Mesa/College area; the Red Oak Steakhouse building in the Crossroads Mall ended up a fenced yard of pebbly rubble, while some houses on Montezuma have just been steps leading to a fenced-off lot for years. The Great Recession has just been brutal to La Mesa.
    I go by there and have seen the same thing. Regarding the buildings, one of our anon cell was once a maintenance engineer for Coleman. The main building has a large beam 500 ft. long that supports it. That beam has been repaired several times. The building to the east of the main, my friend was around for that. When they poured the slab, they didn't take into account water runoff and the professional team failed to show so the slab got poured wrong. I know it sounds like something the cult would do, but they only bought it with the problem intact.

So the buildings are in terrible disrepair. The OT committee looked thru some projections of mission-style buildings, and copy pasted them into some kind of "campus" where none matched and it was clear someone just loaded some clipart, kinda like Homer's website.

Now, I reckon that's a moot point, because they can't afford the property taxes etc. (incidentally, San Diego anons went thru the surrounding neighborhood 2 years in a row, handing out information and being forced to fill our pockets with chocolate.

That is a very chocolate neighborhood. The people were very grateful that we took the time to inform them. A cop was called, and he said we had to leave cuz we were "scaring the neighborhood." On Halloween.

I said 'DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THEY WERE SCARED TO YOU?" and dug out a handful of candy the residents had forced me to take. I couldn't show him the hugs, but we got a bunch of those as well.

7. Thanks Ogsonofgroo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes FoTi liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Ogsonofgroo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Aweshum posts Barb! ( ) Give yer rat a big hug from us northerners too!

Yup, Cult of LRon, eckshpanding like crazy! Derp!
    'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

Quote Originally Posted by Barbz View Post
    I go by there and have seen the same thing. Regarding the buildings, one of our anon cell was once a maintenance engineer for Coleman. The main building has a large beam 500 ft. long that supports it. That beam has been repaired several times. The building to the east of the main, my friend was around for that. When they poured the slab, they didn't take into account water runoff and the professional team failed to show so the slab got poured wrong. I know it sounds like something the cult would do, but they only bought it with the problem intact.

So the buildings are in terrible disrepair. The OT committee looked thru some projections of mission-style buildings, and copy pasted them into some kind of "campus" where none matched and it was clear someone just loaded some clipart, kinda like Homer's website.

Now, I reckon that's a moot point, because they can't afford the property taxes etc. (incidentally, San Diego anons went thru the surrounding neighborhood 2 years in a row, handing out information and being forced to fill our pockets with chocolate.

That is a very chocolate neighborhood. The people were very grateful that we took the time to inform them. A cop was called, and he said we had to leave cuz we were "scaring the neighborhood." On Halloween.

I said 'DOES THIS LOOK LIKE THEY WERE SCARED TO YOU?" and dug out a handful of candy the residents had forced me to take. I couldn't show him the hugs, but we got a bunch of those as well.
    You've mentioned that elsewhere, the sewer pipe that needs to be replaced and the beam in the bowling alley....from what I can tell, they built a new supporting wall inside the computer museum building; it's not brick, just wood beams and studs. A year ago they had a white Toyota truck behind the building, bed full of lumber. They are just trying to cheap-skate their way through this pre-demolition phase, if there will be a demolition.

BTW, was the chimneysweep living in the trailer a short man, wearing glasses, dark hair, Caucasian? Or is the guy I saw a new caretaker?

You've mentioned that elsewhere, the sewer pipe that needs to be replaced and the beam in the bowling alley....from what I can tell, they built a new supporting wall inside the computer museum building; it's not brick, just wood beams and studs. A year ago they had a white Toyota truck behind the building, bed full of lumber. They are just trying to cheap-skate their way through this pre-demolition phase, if there will be a demolition.

BTW, was the chimneysweep living in the trailer a short man, wearing glasses, dark hair, Caucasian? Or is the guy I saw a new caretaker?
    Yeah, and he has a white pickup truck with a chimney sweep sign on it. But he's been gone with his RV for quite a while. Nobody's living on the property afaik, but I've not been by there in a few months. Have to make another recon out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbz View Post
    Yeah, and he has a white pickup truck with a chimney sweep sign on it. But he's been gone with his RV for quite a while. Nobody's living on the property afaik, but I've not been by there in a few months. Have to make another recon out that way.
    I went out there on May Day with a camera and got some shakey footage of a Hispanic man and his kid or kids cutting the grass out front. He seens to have come in an older green Pontiac (I've seen the car before, I thought it was Dave Meyer's car.) I think I've finally seen the caretaker.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast