Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Guardian media: 1/13/11 John Travolta - Keep Your Mouth Shut Woman

Gottabrain

Default UK Guardian media: 1/13/11 John Travolta - Keep Your Mouth Shut Woman

This article was just published in the UK Guardian on Jan 13:

Scientology's key advice for childbirth? Keep your mouth shut, woman!

John Travolta and Kelly Preston used the birth of their son to plug their religion. But Scientology's philosophy on giving birth is not something to shout about.

There are few things that irk Lost in Showbiz more than a celebrity Scientologist who chooses to play down their religion. Frankly, if it believed that Xenu, Dictator of the Galactic Confederacy was locked in an electronic mountain trap – possibly somewhere in the Pyrenees – and that the human race was under constant threat from the disembodied souls of aliens he killed 75m years ago by lowering hydrogen bombs into volcanoes, it would never shut up about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/lost...childbirth-son

Silver Meritorious Patron namaste's Avatar

Lost in Showbiz has had a look into Hubbard's philosophy and it has to say, it's pretty impressed, most particularly with his ideas about caring for your partner during pregnancy. "Advise her to keep her mouth shut when she gets into morning sickness, and when she's on the toilet, and to stop arguing with her husband, and just give her a general idea of what will happen if she doesn't," he suggested in a 1950 lecture.
    I'm thinking the, "stop arguing with her husband" part might actually have some potential. :D
    That is why the Internet is so important. It is the ultimate antidote to the poison of totalitarianism. -- Robert Vaughn Young

Quote Originally Posted by namaste View Post
    I'm thinking the, "stop arguing with her husband" part might actually have some potential. :D

Yes, and making it routine practice throughout her relationships with men would ease the artificial stresses induced by adopting the practice only during pregnancy & childbirth.

Mark A. Baker

Blog Entries

P-I-G :D
    " In this universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link"___Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    P-I-G :D
    O-I-N-K. :D

And thank you for observing the recently proposed "women should be silent" rule. I didn't hear a thing!

Mark A. Baker

Blog Entries

B-A-C-O-N
    " In this universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link"___Carlos Castaneda

Silver Meritorious Patron namaste's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Baker View Post
    Yes, and making it routine practice throughout her relationships with men would ease the artificial stresses induced by adopting the practice only during pregnancy & childbirth.

Mark A. Baker
    Indeed. KSW baby!

s-i-z-z-l-e
    That is why the Internet is so important. It is the ultimate antidote to the poison of totalitarianism. -- Robert Vaughn Young

Gottabrain

Jehovah's Witness has a similar policy about women.

Egocentric males!

Blog Entries

I didn't know that about the Jahovahs Witnesses. I did notice that Michael Jackson's mom was way too demure to have a chance to say her mind around her macho husband, Joseph.

I have to laugh these day though. The Shriners conventions have long been one of my favorite groups to arrange events for. In my area most of them are blacks. They are between 45 and 70 . The women rule as the machismo dies down. After that, the men live in FEAR. When sneaking around to the corner bar to get a gin & juice' or a double Hennessey, they down it on the sly with a tremble when the wife is with the churchies in the nearby restaurant. (Then you get bribed not to tell should the wife come snoopin.) I think this is so humorous. Its all about hormones inciting the being to 'role' play.' Yes Daddy'. 'No Momma.' "Oh baby, O baby" WTF. Makes one wonder just who or WHAT is really running the show.
    How many comedians have made use of the stories of their terrified childhood in fear of their already overstressed mommas in the kitchen or in the grocery isles? Richard Pryer. Chris Rock. Bill Cosby. Eddie Murphy. These men lived in a state of caution until they had what over women to give them the upper hand?????? Hmmmm? God, get over it. :D It doesn't take long for that pendulum to swing. Karma is swift.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottabrain View Post
    ... Egocentric males! ...
    What else is there to be expected when the universal symbol for male is "I".

Mark A. Baker
    p.s. ... or possibly "i'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast