Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dr Gene Denk - L Ron Hubbard's Personal Physician

Gottabrain

Default Dr Gene Denk - L Ron Hubbard's Personal Physician

Who was/is Dr. Gene Denk, who was Hubbard's personal physician? What's his story?

I knew him and saw him personally several times as a doctor in the later 70s and early 80s at Shaw Health Center on Fountain Avenue in LA, down the street from the complex.

He was a different man before he was recruited to work for Hubbard personally. He was once a good doctor, but he sold out or lost the plot.

In one of my visits to him around the late 70s, I had a cyst in a fallopian tube. He took a medical sample, analyzed it on the spot, figured out the composition of the cyst and put me on antibiotics that healed it. Better than surgery and for that time, it was brilliant.

In later visits by very sick staff at AOLA when I was SSO (I sent them to the doctor first, then fought to get the bills paid), his use of medicine deteriorated. Staff received less antibiotics and more vitamin B1 or B12 shots. They were commonly told they had "adrenal exhaustion" but few blood tests were ever performed to confirm this.

So I stopped sending staff to him or to the several other Scn doctors in LA who mirrored whatever Denk did, like Dr Meghan Shields (who hardly ever did anything else besides vitamin shots). Hell, if all they were willing to do was prescribe vitamins and I was fighting and using up my tiny allocations and risking being personally billed for unauthorized staff medical expenses to send them there just for this bullshit, why not just buy the vitamins for the staff?

Then Dr Denk disappeared. He went "over the rainbow" to become L Ron's personal physician and work on Scientology projects.

And he gave medical approval for some really abominable things. Like the Running Program. It was a nightmare tested out on the PAC RPF and the whole concept of running in circles for hours around a pole as psychological therapy was insane. Lots of people got very sick doing it.

If that weren't enough, he completely sold his integrity when he was L Ron's physician by refusing to declare him mentally incompetent in his last months/year(s), instead becoming part of a team to disguise and hide his condition. Denk should have put Hubbard in the hands of his family and a proper medical facility - notably, Diana and/or Susan, like any other old man who had lost the plot and was incapable of making rational decisions anymore. Denk violated his oaths and integrity as a physician many times - by refusing to report Hubbard's condition or the fact that a man in this condition was being secretly smuggled around in isolation and kept in a drugged state. Instead, he supplied Hubbard with cocktails of drugs, perhaps administering them personally, and Hubbard signed a revised will in this condition and insane state which should never have been valid. And the DM crim team took over.

After I was out of Scn and the SO in 87, I periodically saw Dr. Denk in the area. Unlike the late 70s or early 80s, he had an expensive car, he dressed flashy, he'd had plastic surgery on his face and a fake tan. He appeared to be doing very well financially from his work with(on?) Hubbard. And though he was still listed as a doctor at Shaw Health Center, he rarely came by, and to my knowledge, stopped seeing patients personally. He appeared to be doing very well financially.

Another who sold his integrity for Scientology.

Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Default Bump

Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Gottabrain

Report on Drs Gene Denk & Megan Shields by Energy Traveler:

"Dr. Megan Shields and her colleague, Dr. Gene Denk, know more about the inner criminal activity of senior Scientology management than just about anyone.

Quite a while ago, Dr. Denk supervised the Purification program on Carrie Alkins. During the Purif, Carrie, a juvenile diabetic, developed a detached retina and, although she had several eye surgeries, wound up legally blind. She has remained so ever since.

Carrie wrote up a bunch of knowledge reports at the time in an effort to not only get some sort of apology and restitution from Shaw Health Center, but also to ensure that other diabetics were not given massive dosages of niacin, which could bring on retinal bleeding and possibly a detached retina which could result in blindness.

Regular doctors routinely warn diabetics against taking massive dosages of niacin for this reason.

Dr. Denk and Dr. Shields circled the wagons, of course, and let Carrie and her husband know that if she pushed the point she might get kicked out of the Church. Scientology doctors tend to cover for each other and also for the Church. They fail to report child abuse, sexual harassment, spousal abuse, and any sort of medical negligence that has happened ROUTINELY over the years within the Sea Org.

When I was on staff at ASHO and at AO I used to do all the staff FESing (review of counseling folders). This is what I observed. A lot of the staff members would get sick, go to the Shaw Health Center and get sub-optimum care there. Serious illnesses would often be overlooked resulting in extremely serious medical and sometimes fatal consequences. Many times I saw staff members who went to Shaw Health Center and the doctors prescribed routine antibiotics rather than ordering the medical exams that would be normally ordered by any competent physician. As a result of that, many times the staff members ended up going to the hospital in late stages of cancer when the cancer was too advanced to be operable. Because the Sea Org doesn't pay for health insurance for its staff members it becomes a very serious problem when they get a disease.

Also, seriously depressed or mentally ill people NEVER get referred by the doctors at Shaw Health Center for any type of treatment. For instance, there was a NOTS auditor in the early 1980s who was a staff member at AOLA who was 5'6" tall and weighed less than 90 lbs. She was completely anorexic. She was very seriously ill. Shaw Health Center attempted to handle her with intravenous vitamins. They didn't inform her family or take the measures that were really needed to save her life...."

See rest of write up at http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/megan-s...riminality.htm

4. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, Commander Birdsong, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

Default Holy crappola

Holy crappola - it never ceases to astonish me, the criminal behavior of the co$ that never goes 'public'. Would the USofA do anything even if it did?

??????? Truly, I am not sure.

Kay is out . . .

Gottabrain

Lurker, Carrie Alkins and other victims could have reported these quack doctors and sued and gotten their licenses revoked.

I knew Carrie Alkins - she was one sweet woman. And I know of the pervert referred to (though I don't recall the name) that had been a nanny at the Child Estates Org. There were also rapes. One who was raped at the complex in the 80s was Sally ---? She told me about it. She didn't want to do a police report. I was 18 at the time, so didn't argue.

Every doctor is required to report spousal and child abuse. These crook doctors, Denk and Shields, got away with this and so much else simply because nobody reported it to the police.

7. Thanks eldritch cuckoo, tetloj, Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post

Default Disgusting

Disgusting violation and betrayal of the hippocratic oath - and then living a wealthy life style - YEP - sold their souls - for MONEY. Lowest of the low. Snakes in the grass, slime, trash, not worth pissing on if on fire - disgusting low-life beings - I won't even call them human . . .

Kay is out . . .

9. Thanks eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes eldritch cuckoo liked this post

Gottabrain,

I think I remember reading one time a blatantly false statement from Tommy Davis that the C of S provides health, dental, clothing and boarding of its staff.

Do you or anybody recall that?

I think it was fairly recently and the context of the statement was how could Scientology justify paying $20/week to its Sea Org staff.

Ring a bell anyone?

Gottabrain

Quote Originally Posted by guanoloco View Post
    Gottabrain,

I think I remember reading one time a blatantly false statement from Tommy Davis that the C of S provides health, dental, clothing and boarding of its staff.

Do you or anybody recall that?

I think it was fairly recently and the context of the statement was how could Scientology justify paying $20/week to its Sea Org staff.

Ring a bell anyone?
    Guano, I haven't personally seen that claim by Davis.

These cover-ups by certified Scientology doctors are one big reason WHY Scn gets away with its false Purif stats and other claims. There have been plenty of deaths and other incidents of harmful damage. This is why child molestors, wife beaters and rapists in Scn get away with this stuff.

These quack Scn doctors need to be reported and sued. Their victims need to know they no longer need to be afraid - we are here to support them in their fight. Their fight is ours. Let the truth be known.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottabrain View Post
    Who was/is Dr. Gene Denk, who was Hubbard's personal physician? What's his story?

I knew him and saw him personally several times as a doctor in the later 70s and early 80s at Shaw Health Center on Fountain Avenue in LA, down the street from the complex.

He was a different man before he was recruited to work for Hubbard personally. He was once a good doctor, but he sold out or lost the plot.

In one of my visits to him around the late 70s, I had a cyst in a fallopian tube. He took a medical sample, analyzed it on the spot, figured out the composition of the cyst and put me on antibiotics that healed it. Better than surgery and for that time, it was brilliant.

In later visits by very sick staff at AOLA when I was SSO (I sent them to the doctor first, then fought to get the bills paid), his use of medicine deteriorated. Staff received less antibiotics and more vitamin B1 or B12 shots. They were commonly told they had "adrenal exhaustion" but few blood tests were ever performed to confirm this.

So I stopped sending staff to him or to the several other Scn doctors in LA who mirrored whatever Denk did, like Dr Meghan Shields (who hardly ever did anything else besides vitamin shots). Hell, if all they were willing to do was prescribe vitamins and I was fighting and using up my tiny allocations and risking being personally billed for unauthorized staff medical expenses to send them there just for this bullshit, why not just buy the vitamins for the staff?

Then Dr Denk disappeared. He went "over the rainbow" to become L Ron's personal physician and work on Scientology projects.

And he gave medical approval for some really abominable things. Like the Running Program. It was a nightmare tested out on the PAC RPF and the whole concept of running in circles for hours around a pole as psychological therapy was insane. Lots of people got very sick doing it.

If that weren't enough, he completely sold his integrity when he was L Ron's physician by refusing to declare him mentally incompetent in his last months/year(s), instead becoming part of a team to disguise and hide his condition. Denk should have put Hubbard in the hands of his family and a proper medical facility - notably, Diana and/or Susan, like any other old man who had lost the plot and was incapable of making rational decisions anymore. Denk violated his oaths and integrity as a physician many times - by refusing to report Hubbard's condition or the fact that a man in this condition was being secretly smuggled around in isolation and kept in a drugged state. Instead, he supplied Hubbard with cocktails of drugs, perhaps administering them personally, and Hubbard signed a revised will in this condition and insane state which should never have been valid. And the DM crim team took over.

After I was out of Scn and the SO in 87, I periodically saw Dr. Denk in the area. Unlike the late 70s or early 80s, he had an expensive car, he dressed flashy, he'd had plastic surgery on his face and a fake tan. He appeared to be doing very well financially from his work with(on?) Hubbard. And though he was still listed as a doctor at Shaw Health Center, he rarely came by, and to my knowledge, stopped seeing patients personally. He appeared to be doing very well financially.

Another who sold his integrity for Scientology.
    You are a wealth of info in unsuspected places.

Consult with Tory who also knew Dr Denk.

Was he a scientologist? Employed by Hubbard/COS?

One thing his diagnosis of " Adrenal Exhaustion" was probably spot on.

Its a result of continual stress. Leads to all sorts of maladies.

The handling, per Adelle Davis is B vit pantothenic acid. I once cured a friend with this. He was at the time selling nutrients on the web, and for a variety of reasons led a stressfull life. He was taking all vits including pantothenic acid. I tentatively suggested an extra dosing of pantothenic acid, and he was back to normal health in a couple of days.

Note that its possible the running programme at PAC was different to the one Mayo had at I believe Gilman. He lost 6 teeth and was told by DM he wouldn't leave alive. This was RPF stuff. 12 hours a day in the desert sun.

13. Thanks Lurker5 says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron GreyWolf's Avatar

These "doctors" need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

15. Thanks eldritch cuckoo says "thank you" for this post
    Likes eldritch cuckoo liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast