Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scientology kills epileptics - Heribert Pfaff

Default Re: Scientology kills epileptics - Heribert Pfaff

Just up at Infinite Complacency, the first half of a two-part article
    revisiting the 1988 death of Heribert Pfaff.

When Heribert Pfaff died of an epileptic seizure in Clearwater Florida,
    he was using Scientology processing to try to wean himself off his
    medication.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-death-of-heribert-pfaff-i.html

My thanks to Markus Stuckenbrock and Fred Oxaal for elaborating on their
    previous posts about what happened to Pfaff -- and to German film-makers
    Egmont Koch and Mona Botros for their invaluable help with the article.
    I'll run the second half early next week.

Jonny Jacobsen

Thank you for such a thorough and important article, Jonny. And thanks to Markus Stuckenbrock and Fred Oxaal for speaking up!
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

3. Thanks Lurker5, JBWriter, Free Being Me, JustMe says "thank you" for this post
    Patron Meritorious

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    Thank you for such a thorough and important article, Jonny. And thanks to Markus Stuckenbrock and Fred Oxaal for speaking up!
    Yes indeed. And what an important story this is!

And Fred my dear, dear friend as you know I have been waiting a long time for this to be made public.

I am so very proud of you and am so glad that you now walk amongst us SPs in your own name.

As I mentioned to you on the phone today, I have saved a volunteer SP T-shirt for you and will give it to you next week now that you can wear it publicly.
    From a poem I wrote to my daughter: "Keep the true strength known as 'kindness'. Have the vision to see good in all. Nurture those who you do truly love. And never think that you are small. All these things combined in love are your pathway back to Fae".

5. Thanks Lurker5, JBWriter, Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you Jonny, Markus and Fred.

scientology: knowing how to know shit. More poisoned minds leading to disaster and death.

And Ben Shaw, how much cover-up of this medical malpractice death did OSA do? Is that what OSA does with its staff that are possibly culpable in crimes? Hide them in Scientology WISE groups extracting money from professionals to feed a mind poisoning cult?

I know it is many years but I just have to say my condolences to the Pfaff family and RIP Heribert.

7. Thanks Lurker5, JustMe, Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JBWriter, AnonyMary, JustMe, Free Being Me liked this post

Rest In Peace, Heribert. You Are Not Forgotten.
    War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength. George Orwell
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

9. Thanks Lurker5, JustMe says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Purple Rain, AnonyMary, JustMe liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Albion View Post
    Just up at Infinite Complacency, the first half of a two-part article
    revisiting the 1988 death of Heribert Pfaff.

When Heribert Pfaff died of an epileptic seizure in Clearwater Florida,
    he was using Scientology processing to try to wean himself off his
    medication.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-death-of-heribert-pfaff-i.html

My thanks to Markus Stuckenbrock and Fred Oxaal for elaborating on their
    previous posts about what happened to Pfaff -- and to German film-makers
    Egmont Koch and Mona Botros for their invaluable help with the article.
    I'll run the second half early next week.

Jonny Jacobsen
    Johnny, you were wonderful to work with - Thank You.

Wonder if they'll take down my cookie-cutter site now.

Im not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

11. Thanks Albion says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Type4_PTS, Purple Rain, Free Being Me liked this post
    LOL! Purple Rain laughed at this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Yes, thank you.

Unbelievable . How do these people live with themselves, after something like this . . . ????

Why, with auditing their complicity and guilt into oblivion, of course.

Big Time.
    THIS is WHY.
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

13. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me liked this post

Second part of the article on the death of Heribert Pfaff is up now at Infinite Complacency:

In a letter to German film-makers, Dr Klaus Ballin tried to explain his treatment of Heribert
    Pfaff. His patient had died from an epileptic fit after Ballin replaced his anti-convulsant
    medication with a Scientology-based treatment.

http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot....aff-ii_30.html

15. Thanks Type4_PTS, This is NOT OK !!!!, JBWriter, Purple Rain says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron clamicide's Avatar

Oh the stuff gets amazingly weird... I started having grand mal seizures during one of my internships.

The actually amazing woman who was the Senior C/S pretty much insisted i went to a doc for this, because that is technically what the HCOBs say you do... but, I knew that life in the cult was fucked if you did that, and so refused. I would go lie down and 'take a break' and have a seizure. I even had cramming cycles where the new C/S did a drill where she freaking bull-baited me about seizing, because 'that' would handle it.

I did have seizures... and the cult seemed to fix that, and it's pretty much the main reason I got hooked into Sco. Then later, when I was under so much psychotic stress in the cult, I wound up with much worse seizures. For some reason, when I left, they completely went away.

Make of it what you will
    I don't recognize you--I've changed a lot. Oscar Wilde

"I used to have a lot of faith in humanity before the advent of the website 'comment' section" -- Jim Gaffigan

I joined a religion started by a science fiction writer that used a double cross as its symbol, and then they tried to sell me a bridge.....what could have possibly gone wrong?

We are soldiers of life against these artificial minds. From "The Enemy" by Tramontane.

17. Likes Type4_PTS, KissMyStats liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Udarnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clamicide View Post
    Oh the stuff gets amazingly weird... I started having grand mal seizures during one of my internships.

The actually amazing woman who was the Senior C/S pretty much insisted i went to a doc for this, because that is technically what the HCOBs say you do... but, I knew that life in the cult was fucked if you did that, and so refused. I would go lie down and 'take a break' and have a seizure. I even had cramming cycles where the new C/S did a drill where she freaking bull-baited me about seizing, because 'that' would handle it.

I did have seizures... and the cult seemed to fix that, and it's pretty much the main reason I got hooked into Sco. Then later, when I was under so much psychotic stress in the cult, I wound up with much worse seizures. For some reason, when I left, they completely went away.

Make of it what you will
    This is classic episodic disease. Sometimes stress brings it on, sometimes it's pure random. The problem here is that when the disease naturally goes into remission, people (not saying you) ascribe that postitive outcome to whatever they were doing at the time - alternative therapy, modern medicine, yogo, whatever. And it's just the natural course of the disease to wax and wane. That's why modern medicine insists on large numbers of patients in double-blind, placebo-controlled trials to ascribe efficacy to anything.

It reminds me of a story my 9th grade Geometry teacher told. He bought a new car the year that intermittent wipers became standard. Before that, you young whipper-snappers, there were only 2 settings on the wipers- slow and fast. No control of the tempo. So he's driving and it starts to rain. He turns on the wipers one click. Nothing. Rats, he's go to take the new car to the shop, wipers don't work. He shrugs and reaches for the radio knob. As soon as he touches it, the wipers swipe once. He draws his hand from the radio knob, quickly. Wipers stop working. Lather, rinse, repeat. Three times. He figures that he's either going crazy, or his car has the weirdest electrical fault in the history of carmaking. So he sits for a minute. And the wipers finally swipe without his hand on the radio. And then he looks at the wiper controls and figures it out. That, ladies and gents, is exactly the mechanism (minus the last, thoughtful part) of how all kinds of woo and bullshit get established, and sincerely believed in, by the alternative medical community.
    Imagine, if you will, a load of horseshit. And were not talking just your average load of horseshit; no, were talking colossal load of horseshit. An epic load of horseshit. The kind of load of horseshit that has accreted over decades and has developed its own sort of ecosystem, from the flyblown chunks at the perimeter, down into the heated and decomposing center, generating explosive levels of methane as bacteria feast merrily on vintage, liquified crap... -- John Scalzi

19. Thanks Type4_PTS says "thank you" for this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast