Phil is one of the few people around who worked with L Ron
    Hubbard in the fifties. In his latest video he tells of how Hubbard made
    a change of direction in 1957. These videos can be found on his
    website.

http://community.freezone-tech.info/phil-spickler/

Silver Meritorious Patron Sharone Stainforth's Avatar

Terril.

What exactly are you trying to prove?

That 30 + years of your life was not wasted?

Seriously, I do not mean to be harsh, I really do not, but YOU were not on the Apollo, Royal Scotsman and yet you continually try to prove that LRH was this genius of a man, that gave you so much.

Have you ever really understood all of his words and things he wrote about?

You know I am not lying about my experiences and yet you follow this bullshit about a deadbeat science fiction writer that destroyed so many peoples lives as if it was nothing. Are you really that callous?

You say you protest the abuses, yet you appear to have no idea as to what abuse is. Put yourself in someone elses shoes. A little kid, that has their entire world turned upside down, because L. Ron Hubbard decides their Father is an SP.

You are most definitely a scientologist, because you do not know right from wrong, you do not understand love and compassion, you do not know what real hurt and pain is and you have absolutely no idea just how ruthless your messiah was.

When did you ever really protest abuse? You didn't because that would mean having to lie about your beliefs.

Good cop out, OT3 is a metaphor, and L. Ron Hubbard nearly got hit by a freight train on Venus.

When are you going to take ownership for the abuse that LRH perpetuated on his loyal officers?

This isn't an allegorical joke, it happened, even if you did not see it with your own eyes.
    "he also introduced all of us and indeed he thrust us into his practises of cruelty, inhumanity, abuse and punishment, all of which he systematically reframed as positive and as requirements for enlightenment." - Hana Eltringham/Whifield speaking in Hamburg on the 28th of March 2010.

http://www.lermanet.com/

http:/
    /www.scientologydisconnection.com/

http://www.exscientologykids.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sharone Stainforth View Post

(snip)
    Well said, all of it. I've been listening to the Class VIII tapes recently and I'm always struck by just how plain unpleasant Hubbard seems. (This is true in all the lectures I've heard.) Smug, self-absorbed, condescending, and (by the way) not nearly as smart as he pretends to be. Even the jokes are transparent efforts at forced conviviality.

I've noticed this phenomenon around Heber Jentszch (sp.?) too -- everyone says what an amazing person he is, but in all the interviews I've seen, he comes off as an unbelievable prick.

Rose-colored glasses is an understatement.
    Puzzle, puzzle, trouble, trouble, arcane insane spirit brain!

Gold Meritorious Patron GreyWolf's Avatar

The thing about Phil Spickler is he still believes. Even after all of the evidence, he still drinks of the kool-aid.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    The thing about Phil Spickler is he still believes. Even after all of the evidence, he still drinks of the kool-aid.
    Now, Spickler comes off as a thoroughly decent person. I feel bad for him. (He's Mimi Rogers' father, btw. I always liked her too.)
    Puzzle, puzzle, trouble, trouble, arcane insane spirit brain!

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    More Videos from Phil Spickler.

Phil is one of the few people around who worked with L Ron
    Hubbard in the fifties. In his latest video he tells of how Hubbard made
    a change of direction in 1957. These videos can be found on his
    website.

http://community.freezone-tech.info/phil-spickler/
    Terril, thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharone Stainforth View Post
    Terril.

What exactly are you trying to prove?

That 30 + years of your life was not wasted?

Seriously, I do not mean to be harsh, I really do not, but YOU were not on the Apollo, Royal Scotsman and yet you continually try to prove that LRH was this genius of a man, that gave you so much.

You know I am not lying about my experiences and yet you follow this bullshit about a deadbeat science fiction writer that destroyed so many peoples lives as if it was nothing. Are you really that callous?

You say you protest the abuses, yet you appear to have no idea as to what abuse is. Put yourself in someone elses shoes. A little kid, that has their entire world turned upside down, because L. Ron Hubbard decides their Father is an SP.

You are most definitely a scientologist, because you do not know right from wrong, you do not understand love and compassion, you do not know what real hurt and pain is and you have absolutely no idea just how ruthless your messiah was.

When did you ever really protest abuse? You didn't because that would mean having to lie about your beliefs.

Good cop out, OT3 is a metaphor, and L. Ron Hubbard nearly got hit by a freight train on Venus.

When are you going to take ownership for the abuse that LRH perpetuated on his loyal officers?

This isn't an allegorical joke, it happened, even if you did not see it with your own eyes.
    Some people aren't ready to give up playing Hubbard's delusional role playing game, and that's fine, but what's puzzling is does he actually think posting all this stuff related to Hubbard's batshit crazy mind control tech is going to get people interested in Scientology for anything other than a freakshow to entertainment them?

Freezoners pimping Hubbard is like watching drunks heading to a liquor store after waking on park benches in puddles of their vomit and wondering why everyone else on the planet doesn't want to join in and get drunk with them every day.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

It's not all black and white.

Phil's videos are interesting to watch. When I see him breaking down into tears, I know that he really feels this loss, a loss I once felt but realized later was based upon many lies on Hubbard's part. I think Phil is in a torn place about Hubbard. I feel like I just want to hug Phil because to me, it's like he's living in the past where his wins and in-aweness of LRH have blurred out the bad he saw and heard with Hubbard but in the end, he tears up because he knows that it all wasn't what it was supposed to be. Hubbard was mean man. Phil knows this but it's just hard to accept. He's also getting on in years and I think these videos will be theraputic for him. I am hoping that he realizes that his grief is real because we all lost in Scientology

It is important to get different points of view, perspective on all this. Especially the lurkers. Not everyone had bad experiences like Sharone's and thank God there are not as many of them. A child locked in the bowels of the Apollo, severed from her family is a real and tragic thing. And people should know about it. But it is not going to wipe out what some consider to be their gains from Scientology. No matter how much one tries to impinge about the bad. Because there had to be some good in it for any of us to have gotten involved in it ( children excepted). And perhaps therein lies the problem where Sharone is not being so nice about all this with Terril- who has for years kept some of the scientology working ( not all of it) and encouraged others leaving the cult to know that it's out there them if they want it.

Both Sharone and Terril serve purposes that are essentially aligned with this board. Getting upset is not going to help anyone. Each had information to share. Terril, out of all in th fz, has managed to keep an even keel in temperment on the other differences and has spoken out about the abuses and things he knows are wrong. He's been doing it for years. And Sharone has done a standup and brave job of speaking out and telling the world about her experiences of the living hell scientology made of her life.

This thread is about Phil Spickler, who is out of scientology but is still endeard to much of it and LRH who he still is stuck in aloss on. Not because he died in 1986 but because the LRH Phil knew died the day Phil saw the evil nasty mean part of him which blew the bubble. That he is not carping about it , crying instead, well, I can relate to that and many others can too.
    We can still learn from these videos, even if it's that the man is a blind fool or a fun guy. It's all about perspective.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    My blogs include:
    Formerly Fooled and Finally Free From The Deceptive Cult Called Scientology

Ex-Sea Org Helpline
    "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

deleted post
    Sorry!
    Last edited by lotus; 7th March 2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: post deleted

Silver Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

I am not judging Phil because I did not spend enough time with him to do that.

But, I will say this about him. He is not the innocent, starry-eyed believer that some think.

I will give you an example:

Once when Phil and I were on the newly released NOTS lineup at Flag we had occasion to talk. Phil made quite an impression as he strutted from his boat into the HGC in full white naval uniform, admiral's cap and all. And the ever-present mirrored aviator glasses. He was comic-book like in appearance to the others but everyone "granted beingness" to him.

It seemed.....ODD...that he liked to wear Ron's flashy maritime getup, even though he was just another guy wanting to get his auditing like anyone else. Oh well, no biggie, he liked getting attention, so what.

But here is a more revealing moment...

One day I was seated indoors, chatting with him and all I could see was myself reflected in those shades. Finally, I mentioned to him that when he was talking I could not see his eyes.

He coldly paused, staring at me what seemed like a long time and said with contemptuous finality in some other-worldly, ethereal voice:

PHIL
    I am not in my eyes!

Then he stared a lot more. So I stood up and walked away.

What's the point?

That Phil was as much part of the scam as Ron.

He reveled in trying to impress and even intimidate others with his OT prowess.

Yup, old Phil was not the kindly spiritual seeker that he sometimes portrayed.

He's still selling, although he is smart enough to "take on" his character in a number of different ways appropriate to his audience.

Not saying he faked the grief--but he was an arrogant fool much as Hubbard was. But as sad as he was to realize that he got scammed--it wasn't sad enough to stop scamming others.

Come on, old Phil. Just suck it up and realize we all goofed up. Don't make it worse by running the lines of an old script that already bombed at the boxoffice!

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast