Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

I actually find it easy to believe as it makes a lot of sense. I don't know why it was posted 3 times but judging by the response it seems people were really sick of having the w/h gun pointed at us all the time, I know I was and it does make sense that the entire w/h nonsense was just a control mechanism. I have no idea if this incident really happened but I know when I blew I was PISSED!

Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwells View Post
    I posted it for Bill...I am new to this network and figured if I posted to 3 separate categories it would get seen by more people, which is what Bill wanted. He tried to use this site and was not successful (new to social networks) and I said I would help him out...not spam just "new user" gwells
    Okay gwells. I should be in bed and I'm headin' there after this post.

I guess your "Bill Franks" forgot that he wasn't on the Apollo in '74.

But, as you are "obviously" his trusted confidant, I’m sure you can tell me just exactly where he was and what his post during ’74. There are many more “holes” in your post but, for now, I’m “keeping my powder dry”.

Please confer with “Bill” and respond to my statement and inquiry re: ’74.

Face
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

3. Thanks BardoThodol says "thank you" for this post
    True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
    I actually find it easy to believe as it makes a lot of sense. I don't know why it was posted 3 times but judging by the response it seems people were really sick of having the w/h gun pointed at us all the time, I know I was and it does make sense that the entire w/h nonsense was just a control mechanism. I have no idea if this incident really happened but I know when I blew I was PISSED!
    Yeah, but my question (assuming that this report is true) is why Hubbard did an "about face" 180 degree turn on this topic.
    What happened?
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

I'm going to bed...y'all can play with the troll for the rest of the night.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....8&postcount=16

Face
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

TheSneakster

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    exactly. See my post with the bill franks facebook link with Rinder and other indys as friends. Maybe you can write him? I am not on facebook.
    AnonyMary,

I have this Bill Franks friended. I have still not decided whether this Facebook ID is the real deal or another OSA honeypot for gathering intelligence. However, I am inclined to think it is really him.

On that basis, I have PM'd him asking (a) whether he authorized 'gwells' to post to ESMB on his behalf and (b) whether he really made those claims attributed to him. I have no idea how long it will take to get a response.

But it seems very odd to me that Bill Franks would be computer savvy enough to operate a Facebook page and yet not (as "gwells" has claimed) be savvy enough to operate vBulletin forum software ( what ESMB runs on ).

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

gwells,

Why did you start 3 threads with same opening info? Just curious.

EDIT: I see the answer on another thread.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Quote Originally Posted by afaceinthecrowd View Post
    Okay gwells. I should be in bed and I'm headin' there after this post.

I guess your "Bill Franks" forgot that he wasn't on the Apollo in '74.

But, as you are "obviously" his trusted confidant, I’m sure you can tell me just exactly where he was and what his post during ’74. There are many more “holes” in your post but, for now, I’m “keeping my powder dry”.

Please confer with “Bill” and respond to my statement and inquiry re: ’74.

Face

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster View Post
    AnonyMary,

I have this Bill Franks friended. I have still not decided whether this Facebook ID is the real deal or another OSA honeypot for gathering intelligence. However, I am inclined to think it is really him.

On that basis, I have PM'd him asking (a) whether he authorized 'gwells' to post to ESMB on his behalf and (b) whether he really made those claims attributed to him. I have no idea how long it will take to get a response.

But it seems very odd to me that Bill Franks would be computer savvy enough to operate a Facebook page and yet not (as "gwells" has claimed) be savvy enough to operate vBulletin forum software ( what ESMB runs on ).
    Good! I believe it is him on facebook, as he has Anne Preston Franks as a friend as well. Which confers with peoplefinders data.

William W Franks Clearwater, FL | 64 years old

Locations Malvern, PA | Clearwater, FL | West Chester, PA | King Of Prussia, PA
    Aliases None
    Relatives Anne Preston Franks | James B Frankel | Linda P Franklin

I would think that Rinder would only keep him on facebook list if he was the real deal, but then again, I don't know Rinder either.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Gottabrain

Hi Gwells,

and welcome.

Very interesting posts you have put up for Bill Franks. I liked the first one and whether or not Bill Franks actually wrote it, I agree that people leave because of upsets. It's kind of something the rest of the world already knows, but it was really nice to see it written like that.

Please correct Bill Franks, if you would, and let him know that Jesse Prince and the others he mentioned stopped protesting many years ago. Jesse only learned about Anonymous and the ex movement about a year ago and was so happy that he did some special protests and speeches for us and has been extremely helpful helping many recover from the cult. But he certainly has a life of his own apart from protesting, as do I and many of the other ex's.

It would be nice to see Bill Franks join the exscn forum. There are a lot of questions many of us have and there is a wide range of people here and many of his old friends.

How about telling us a bit about yourself, Gwells?

Sheila

Gold Meritorious Patron Karen#1's Avatar

Default Bill Franks

Face

Bill Franks was on the Apollo in 1974.
    I was there. I interfaced with him and his then wife Jeannie Franks often (Now Jeanie Sonenfield ED of Cincinnatti Org)

Sneakster ~~
    I have had direct communication with the Bill Franks on Facebook.

He is the True BILL FRANKS that was ED INT.

My name is Karen de la Carriere and I approve of the above message

11. Thanks DOC0715, BardoThodol says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post

Good! I believe it is him on facebook, as he has Anne Preston Franks as a friend as well. Which confers with peoplefinders data.
    William W Franks Clearwater, FL | 64 years old
    Locations Malvern, PA | Clearwater, FL | West Chester, PA | King Of Prussia, PA
    Aliases None
    Relatives Anne Preston Franks | James B Frankel | Linda P Franklin

I would think that Rinder would only keep him on facebook list if he was the real deal, but then again, I don't know Rinder either.
    you are AnonyMary PI. you need a ferrari?

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast