Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 552

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

  1. #281
    Silver Meritorious Patron Happy Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Over the rainbow - looking for that pot of gold
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bill franks View Post
    thanks. I am not an independant Scno. I am a wog. So is my wife and kids and we hope to stay that way. But, since 1974, it became clear what Hubbard and his little minnie me have had in mind. I felt obligated to expose this to those who might be able to use it as I believe there are good things to salvage. If I can help to do that, then I am available for it.
    Best to you, Bill Franks
    Thanks for clearing up where you sit in relation to the Indies.

    I just have a couple of questions however you may have answered these in later posts.

    Why did it take you so long to tell this piece of data on OW's and Hubbard?

    Do you see this data as so significant that it will turn the tables completely on the Church?

    Also WELCOME Bill
    Cheers
    Happy Days

    "If the leaders of the Church of Scientology think that this will all go away, that it will be business as usual then they are deluded." Independent Senator Nick Xenophon

  2. #282
    Angelic Poster TG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Welcome Marcy.

  3. #283
    Patron with Honors chuckbeatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
    I'll throw this out there -- not because I know this is true -- but because I've read it in various places. Perhaps others who have direct knowledge will correct it if it's wrong or will confirm it if it's right.

    I've read / heard the Mayos got around $5 million as a settlement/gag fee, needed and used mainly to pay legal bills, which had mounted considerably.

    Right? Wrong? Dox? Plox?

    TG1
    Email Gerry Armstrong, he's posted, I believe, the dox showing the list of settlements given to people. I think Mayo only got 1.2 mil if I recall.

    Gerry's email is at his site.
    Chuck Beatty
    ex Sea Org (1975-2003)
    412-260-1170
    chuckbeatty77@aol.com

    "I think a lot of my father's stuff doesn't work. So I false report whenever I need to. Personally, I think my father's crazy."
    - Quentin Hubbard Class 12 Scientologist, statement to Dennis Erlich
    http://www.lermanet.com/exit/quentincoroner.htm

  4. #284
    Patron Meritorious MostlyLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    I have no idea if anyone would be interested in knowing how this story of Brainwashing from Bill started out but I thought I'd tell it anyway.
    I recently found Bill on FB. He and I were pretty good friends at AOLA back in the 60's and early '70's. Before he became a hard ass SO officer.http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/yes.gif I friended him and started a dialog. Mainly I wanted to thank him for having my, then husband, Jack Pearlman, declared back in '73. That ended my years of resentment towards Bill and re-habed what had once been a good friendship.
    About a year ago I started reading about the current COS online. Up till then I hadn't been interested in looking at what was going on. It had been so many years and I still had a huge ARCX I was willingly and knowingly holding onto. Anyway, once I learned about the hideous, degraded mess that the COS had become and blew a ton of charge, I realized that I felt grateful to Bill for getting Jack declared and myself leaving with him. Who knows where we'd be now in regard to the "church." I'd like to think we would have gotten out sooner rather than later but I'll never know. Heber and Gretchen Wedow Schwartz did try to recover us at one point but we weren't having it..thank God! Ah geeze...I have a habit of digressing like this..sorry.
    As I mentioned earlier, Bill and I started a dialog on FB. Later joined by my former brother-in-law, Murray Pearlman. At some point Bill told us his story. Another of Bill's FB friend"s, Scott saw it and encouraged Bill to let the story be published. Greg Wells kindly published it here for Bill.
    As so many have already posted here, I too believe it's essential to the healing process to get the pieces of the puzzle put together. I have not admitted this anywhere else but I will now, in case it helps someone. After I left Scn. I became chronically, and seriously depressed. At one point, in 1995 I tried and almost was successful at committing suicide. What was truly frighting to me about that was that I didn't think there was any help out there for me. I wouldn't have been caught dead going to a psychiatrist. Probably still wouldn't. It has been only recently that I realized the direct line to my chronic depression was Scientology and what ended up happening in the end.http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/duh.gif
    I won't go into another long winded explanation but suffice to say that I feel that the depression has lifted. If it ever happens again, at least I know what the trigger is. It's a total BS trigger where I make myself wrong and the "church" right and I recognize it as such now. So you see Bill, your info is valuable on more than one level.
    I don't know how much Bill will want to be involved on this board but I sure do thank and admire him for what he has given so far.
    I am still "looking." Marcy Pearlman Sorensen
    Dear Marcy,
    welcome!
    Thanks for your story and for help bringing Bill here.

    Getting to know the truth is indeed a great healing experience.
    There were a lot of lies told at the time (and up to today) by Co$ to keep the floc under control and unaware of what really is going on.

    The point Bill wrote about is one of the points that make of Scientology a cult.
    See point # 13. Induction of guilt, and the use of guilt to manipulate cult members. on the website: The Cult Test Questions
    “It is simply not true that we are trapped in this universe. There is no way out of this trap for the simple reason that it wasn’t a trap in the first place. Therefore, any sign-post that purports to point to "the way out of the trap" must either be meaningless or else point the way into a trap.” ― from Letter to a Scientologist by Per-Olof Samuelsson

  5. #285
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    LA, Ca.
    Posts
    2

    Default Brainwashing, Bill Franks and the Message Run

    Hi,
    I talked to Bill about this and have also confirmed the message run through a source close to David Mayo.

    It makes sense; did you leave because you committed some huge crime? Probably not. You left because of abuse, human rights violations, or some other form of harrasment.

    Does a wife leave because she commits adultery, no she usually leaves because the husband does, she loses trust and feels abused and hurt.

    I am currently writing a series of articles on Disconnection which might be of interest, plus have written articles on "Freedom of Thought, [URL="http://www.blog.scientologyrecovery.com"] and how to Return to Freedom.

    My site is: http://www.scientologyrecovery.com which has a thought stopping exercise which helps with mind control and "brainwashing".

    I was trained by Hubbard and am counseling again.

    I help anyone who feels they have abused by Scientology or other destructive groups.

    Glenn

  6. #286
    Crusader RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,363

    Default What a Wonderful Thread

    What a wonderful thread this is.

    In looking over it, all I see, apart from some of the earlier "can this be true, real? Is this really Bill Franks?" etc ., and a little DOX Plox, what I see is honest helpful postings.

    This really is what ESMB is and ought exemplify . . . honest communication and exchange of truth such that folks are helped and healed.

    And, to be blunt, I can't help thinking that the recent clean-up and freeing from some of our more prolific negative-put-down artists might just have something to do with the arrival of these valuable new members

    Certainly this thread is free from the destructive diversions we've so often seen in the past.

    Nice!

    RogerB
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

    Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

  7. #287
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Who is Bill Franks? With no disrespect to the man intended,...

    In the world OUTSIDE scientology, he is apparently "just another guy" with about the same amount of influence on those close around him (family, friends, business associates, and community connections) as the rest of us.

    In the world INSIDE scientology and now INSIDE the "ex"scientology community, he's a guy with big, big altitude.

    It's really lovely and helpful that Bill, an "opinion leader" in scientology who is now an "opinion leader" in EX-scientology, has come out with the big revelation that:

    upsets (ARCx), not overts and withholds, are the reason people blow (leave).

    Well strike me blind and dumb! Some of us who were never, and are still not, "opinion leaders" (in either or any other group) have been pointing that out for some time now, and have been pointing out how "confession" in scientology is used not to "help" but rather to control people ... but obviously our opinions just didn't carry enough weight because hardly anyone seemed to notice.

    So. Thanks to this thread, we have all learned another great lesson! and that lesson is:

    rather than thinking things out for themselves, many people will only believe something when it is spoken or written by people with "altitude," whose opinions they value more than their own.

    All righty then.

    Now tell me again, how was it that people got sucked into and lost so much in the scam called "scientology"?

  8. Likes dchoiceisalwaysrs liked this post
  9. #288
    Angelic Poster TG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olska View Post
    Who is Bill Franks? With no disrespect to the man intended,...

    In the world OUTSIDE scientology, he is apparently "just another guy" with about the same amount of influence on those close around him (family, friends, business associates, and community connections) as the rest of us.

    In the world INSIDE scientology and now INSIDE the "ex"scientology community, he's a guy with big, big altitude.

    It's really lovely and helpful that Bill, an "opinion leader" in scientology who is now an "opinion leader" in EX-scientology, has come out with the big revelation that:

    upsets (ARCx), not overts and withholds, are the reason people blow (leave).

    Well strike me blind and dumb! Some of us who were never, and are still not, "opinion leaders" (in either or any other group) have been pointing that out for some time now, and have been pointing out how "confession" in scientology is used not to "help" but rather to control people ... but obviously our opinions just didn't carry enough weight because hardly anyone seemed to notice.

    So. Thanks to this thread, we have all learned another great lesson! and that lesson is:

    rather than thinking things out for themselves, many people will only believe something when it is spoken or written by people with "altitude," whose opinions they value more than their own.

    All righty then.

    Now tell me again, how was it that people got sucked into and lost so much in the scam called "scientology"?
    Good post.

  10. #289
    Crusader RogerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckbeatty View Post

    (Snipped . . . . .)

    Missing from the Kent RPF writings he's done so far, are details of the Truth Rundown procedure, which along with the "viewpoint shift" requirements to graduate the RPF, translates into brainwashing, when the whole atmosphere of what is acceptable "viewpoint shifts" exists. And what is acceptable "viewoint shifts" in order to graduate, is ABSOLUTELY part of the RPF politics game of getting back into good standing to be allowed to graduate from the RPF.

    Thanks for these links!

    The battle of this whole larger discussion of how Scientology tech could be brainwashing, comes down to a lot of important details that official Scientology is expert at sidestepping.

    It is up to outside ex members and interested public, and scholars, thank god for Stephen Kent, to deal with what Scientology internally refuses to deal with.
    Chuck, this is an important perspective you are presenting here.

    Being an (very) old-timer (in from 1957), I lived the development of the tech, so to speak.

    And, of course, it is now, in retrospect, very interesting to scan back and observe all of the changes, back-tracking, contradictions, screw up and manipulative falsehoods Hubbard foisted onto us along the way.

    One of these days, I suppose, I ought make the time and write up such a comparative analysis

    But the point you are presenting here, and the name of the thrust of Bill's opening post is "A Story About Brianwashing."

    And yes it exists in $cn, and yes it had become de rigueur as the standard behavior and tech application in the Cof$ once one got anywhere near the Ethics lines in the orgs.

    Historically, God alone knows when it crept into the scene. I saw touches of it in early 1968 . . . it's first expression was vented with the phrase used by EO's and HCO of "Give him/her a severe reality adjustment!" "He/she needs a severe reality adjustment"

    What this is really saying is that these individuals who are exerting dominant power over you are enforcing a changed reality that is not yours onto you.

    That is not only abusive, but I would say is even criminal when applied or carried out with duress or threats of any kind.

    A correct and honest "tech" would be the restoration of the individual's own truth . . . a truth that the individual can live with and operate from; all based on honest perception.

    But this last sentiment is not one the Cof$ operates with. When anyone who honestly sees a fault in the affairs of the Cof$ and speaks of it, they are hit hard and subject to the brainwashing R/D of enforced severe reality adjustment . . . or as you so succinctly say in red above: they are made to adopt/come to . . . "acceptable "viewoint shifts" in order to graduate, is ABSOLUTELY part of the RPF politics game of getting back into good standing to be allowed to graduate from the RPF."

    I think we ought to view this in the context of the crime it is when done so by use of duress, threat and subjugation etc.

    RogerB
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

    Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

  11. Thanks ClearEyed says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Boojuum liked this post
  12. #290
    Angelic Poster TG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,530

    Default

    Roger,

    Although it's a minor point, I have gotten the impression for some time that when exes reference the term "severe reality adjustment" it is with an intimation that it was an insider term created and used within Scientology organizations.

    However, to my knowledge "severe reality adjustment" is not a Scientological term. It's slang term that's been around for decades and decades.

    This minor point isn't really germane to your point above -- but one that I've been meaning to comment on for some time.

    TG1

  13. Thanks ClearEyed says "thank you" for this post
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hubbard Explains Brainwashing
    By AnonKat in forum L Ron Hubbard
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29th July 2013, 06:35 PM
  2. Brainwashing (Long)
    By Ogsonofgroo in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th April 2010, 01:52 PM
  3. Scientology Brainwashing Tape
    By AnonKat in forum Chanology and Anonymous videos (Scientology-related)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21st March 2010, 02:17 PM
  4. Brainwashing
    By UkAnony in forum General Scientology Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19th October 2008, 02:43 AM
  5. Brainwashing Manual Parallels
    By Veda in forum Great Web Sites and Links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th June 2008, 10:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •