Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I'm not friends with Robin Scott but I can see it. Weird.
    See the thread on facebook started by Paul.May be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Div6 View Post
    Hubbard wrote and spoke a lot about Overts and Missed Withholds....too much, I think. About all you really need to know philosophically is in the "O\W - A Limited Theory" HCOB. If this story is true, then it is an admission that LRH was using "confessional tech" as a control mechanism, case gain being of secondary importance. And this IS the point of introversion that allows religions to "control"....ie: sin, redemption, original sin, etc. It's a nasty piece of business under any guise.

"The way to control people is to lie to them..."
    Well said!

Posted it to various FZ forums. Then posted my opinion below.
    bb

------------
    I most definitely had the greatest good in mind by posting it.

First point, COS has gone way overboard making all wrong for their overts and never acknowledging their own. And much abusive sec checks, also using O/Ws from folder study to manipulate people into donating, and latterly more or less a Mafia type
    effort of " an offer you can't refuse" to do the same and coerce people into whatever
    Miscavidge wants.

This tech is mostly used as reverse tech.

On a tape, and havn't got a ref I'm afraid, maybe someone else has, LRH posited
    a holocaust sit where he knew a way to escape and no one would follow him. He posited
    that he would knock them out and drag them out of the compound. This type of action is writ on very much policy. Fair game and disconnection for obvious example and they have helped destroy the acceptance of tech everywhere.

LRH didn't always get things right. On his watch he usually corrected matters. Lets say often but not always.

The final arbiter is the tech itself. On the face of it leaving because of ARCX is a no brainer. Its part of the woof and warp of life.

Well I'm not much of a techie.

If one looks at the L1C, the correction lists for upsets, the first question is

" Has there been an error in listing"

The first of 39 questions. The C'S 53 starts with out int. These two areas are
    considered the most powerful areas of charge and upset.

Note that list errors also include wrong indications. There is IMO no
    organisation in the world that gives more wrong indications than COS. In the face of that its actually destructive NOT to leave.

Second L1C question,

" Has a Withold been missed."

I consider this a very valid question and the reason for some blows.

The tech says " All ARCX stem from missed witholds. "

This per the L1C seems false. Out lists and wrong indications are clearly far more abberative. And an obvious creator of ARCX. Having an ARCX it becomes very easy to
    commit overts. And probably hard not to.

Note that LRH trusted this missive to two of his most trusted lieutenants and limited
    severely its distribution. They were in a " Need to know" situation.

Its perhaps his greatest mistake to not fully describe this area of tech and give it a slant. He was looking to get greater expansion and control far more quickly than he achieved. And made other mistakes resulting in his going into hiding.

There is the comment of " Head on a pike" in ethics policies. Short term maybe workable, and correctable later. Was tried with amnesties.

A military type of organisation is it seems the wrong way to expound and expand a philosophy and a counseling technology.

bb

Gold Meritorious Patron Karen#1's Avatar

Default Update from Bill Franks

facebook

Bill sent you a message.

Bill FranksFebruary 26, 2011 at 7:02pm

Re: Telephone

I am the process of trying to register now and have been for 3 days. this is why I had asked my friend Greg Wells to do it for me. Thanks for your interest.Best, Bill

TheSneakster

OK, I have just had an update from Bill Franks by Facebook PM confirming he did, in fact, ask Greg Wells to help him post the OP and that he stands by the story as true and factual.

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster View Post
    OK, I have just had an update from Bill Franks by Facebook PM confirming he did, in fact, ask Greg Wells to help him post the OP and that he stands by the story as true and factual.
    Thanks Sneaks! Now it is rubber stamped an all. :D
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    Infinite, my dear, on this one I would respectfully suggest that we graciously invite and then accept the man onto the board and hear everything he has to say. He has a wealth of knowledge and I, for one, want to hear every morsel of it and I also think it will do him a world of good to tell it.

You can then ask for as much documentation as the guy can possibly give, but, let's get him here and welcomed first before we DOX or STFU him away from even arriving. Would that be fair?
    I am happy to accept that from you, Synthia. Also, I've done a wee rummage and, yes, getting Frank here on ESMB would be fantastic. C'mon Frank, we need your experience and knowledge if we are ever to get to the bottom of this Scientology phenomena - WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and HOW - please.

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    I am happy to accept that from you, Synthia. Also, I've done a wee rummage and, yes, getting Frank here on ESMB would be fantastic. C'mon Frank, we need your experience and knowledge if we are ever to get to the bottom of this Scientology phenomena - WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE and HOW - please.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

Patron Meritorious Ulf K. Maier's Avatar

Default :)

I nominate Synthia for SP Ambassador!

Meanwhile, waiting for
    Ulf

@OSA: I am not auditing you... THIS is the session.

Definitely....you rummager you
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast