Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    That's interesting.
    Presuming what Bill says is true, then Hubbard knew by 74 it wasn't right but kept on doing it anyway so scio wouldn't disappear. Perhaps a simple lie like that is the lynchpin of all the ethics crap and sec checking that created so much despair.
    This gives Hubbard credit for a moral sense which he never possessed.

Tubbie knew from the 1940s already that his techniques worked and that they could make him very powerful and rich. He didn't invent any of them but learned the basics in a random kind of way from various sources, including works on psychoanalysis, Eastern religion, stage hypnotism, black magic, and his own insights as a mentally unstable person. In their original context the techniques he borrowed were harmless, or controlled by group authority, and some might be helpful, but Tubbie used them deliberately and always for his own advantage, regardless of the damage they might do to other people. Very few people at the time understood what Hubbard was up to - his son Nibs and Charles Manson were two of them.

From time to time Hubbard puts the truth out pretty frankly and this seems surprising as it would normally be a great risk. But he could rely on his brain-washing working, and it did. I suspect he didn't give a damn anyway. He came to believe his own con.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf K. Maier View Post
    I nominate Synthia for SP Ambassador!

Meanwhile, waiting for
    Is there a checksheet for that?
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Quote Originally Posted by Thrak View Post
    The way I read it he was admitting the "w/h is the cause of blow" was bs to control people. I didn't see it as a reversal.
    Yes, it was more a case of Withheld Vital Information (there's a Rundown which "helps" with that, lol) but, at least to me, this is not earth-shattering information. The fact that blows follow ARCXs should be obvious to all. The "all ARCXs stem from Missed Witholds" datum is the get-out-of-jail card. I'm sure that scientologists will be able to convolute their thinking enough to make the whole thing make perfect sense. The CofS' obsession with O/W tech (despite Hubbard's "O/W - A Limited Theory" or whatever it was called) says more about the CofS' state of mind than it does about its Parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
    I've been waiting a long time to post this next bit, and I do hope it will help many people here on this board:

Additional reasons that people "blow" are:

Onion rings
    Canaries
    The color puce
    Tight underwear
    Scottish terriers
    Sleet
    That person I used to be married to
    The traffic lights on Rampart Boulevard
    Lindsey Lohan

I hope this will indicate the right bypassed charge to those who have suffered in confusion for years.

Sincerely,

TG1 (I am really David Mayo)
    Thank you, your item is 'Tight underwear" (LFBD F/N, circled, F/N indic'd, VVGIs).
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

Thank you, Panda. I've been waiting for that all day.

Quote Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
    Thank you, Panda. I've been waiting for that all day.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

Quote Originally Posted by secretiveoldfag View Post
    This gives Hubbard credit for a moral sense which he never possessed.

Tubbie knew from the 1940s already that his techniques worked and that they could make him very powerful and rich. He didn't invent any of them but learned the basics in a random kind of way from various sources, including works on psychoanalysis, Eastern religion, stage hypnotism, black magic, and his own insights as a mentally unstable person. In their original context the techniques he borrowed were harmless, or controlled by group authority, and some might be helpful, but Tubbie used them deliberately and always for his own advantage, regardless of the damage they might do to other people. Very few people at the time understood what Hubbard was up to - his son Nibs and Charles Manson were two of them.

From time to time Hubbard puts the truth out pretty frankly and this seems surprising as it would normally be a great risk. But he could rely on his brain-washing working, and it did. I suspect he didn't give a damn anyway. He came to believe his own con.
    I always get a chuckle when you call him Tubbie, lol
    Last edited by AnonyMary; 27th February 2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: typo
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    That's interesting.
    Presuming what Bill says is true, then Hubbard knew by 74 it wasn't right but kept on doing it anyway so scio wouldn't disappear. Perhaps a simple lie like that is the lynchpin of all the ethics crap and sec checking that created so much despair.
    No surprise....

Hubbard's SOP was to promote whatever would make money. If it actually got people to write success stories that was a bonus, but not necessary.

I have frequently posted the late 50's video footage of Hubbard admitting that DMSMH did NOT produce a Clear. That did not stop hundreds of millions of dollars of the book and derivitive courses/auditing being sold for 50 years thereafter. Just walk into any org today and ask them if DMSMH produces a Clear and the "clear-eyed" staff will swear to you that it can. Even THEY don't know what Hubbard said about his own "tech".

So if Hubbard said that about the O/W tech not handling blows, it's consistent with his other con games.

Trying to logically figure Hubbard out is futile. Unless you subscribe to the idea that a man is what he DOES. In that case Hubbard is extremely easy to understand.

He lies.

He sells technology he knows doesn't work.

So.....he is a lying con man.

That was easy!
    Last edited by HelluvaHoax!; 27th February 2011 at 01:11 AM.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

....and why does anyone think that the WHY for blowing is an either/or proposition?

Blows are caused by O/Ws

Blows are caused by ARC Xs

The correct answer is BOTH.

Blows ARE caused by O/Ws.

Ron's O/W's.

People ARC-X on that.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster View Post
    OK, I had Robin Scott blocked on Facebook due to having to read his inflammatory content about some other friends of mine in my daily feed.

I have removed him from the block list and I can now read this thread.

I also see that the "Bill Franks" posting on that thread is the same one I have friended already.

Thanks for you patience.
    Sneaks wrote: Thanks for you patience.

You're welcome, mate . . . .but I must say you did bloody test it to the limit

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast