Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    ChuckNorris, not everyone reading here is at the point of knowing what we have come to know. Everyone deserves to come to know for themselves the truth. Certainly you at one time were ignorant of Hubbard's ways, as I once was. Denigrating people for not knowing yet does nothing but put animosity in the way. Franks revealed something. That is why I called it a revelation. Yes, it's a confirmation for those who already know but many things we have come to know are read as revelations to those who did not know until then. The idea is to encourage those who have not seen, to look. Truth makes it possible to keep looking for more truth.

So, yes, I too would love for more to speak out and tell their stories and it is never a comfortable thing to do but it is cathartic and it encourages others to look and speak out, too. That is the history of Scientology being exposed on the internet, something Hubbard never anticipated. The internet is our liberty tree, as Arnie Lerma once coined it. It is our tool for evolving out of the lies. Calling people stupid for not knowing and for holding onto lies for fear of the truth is kind of juvenile.
    Why would you think I'm trying to stop others from speaking out? My comment was directed to the people who are still pretending Hubbard was anything but a con man and Scientology is anything other than a con game. The point I'm making is it's no revelation that Hubbard was a soulless piece of shit.

It would be a revelation if someone was able to uncover a single act of Hubbard's that was not self-serving ... not that would be some Earth shattering news.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by olska View Post
    Who is Bill Franks? With no disrespect to the man intended,...

In the world OUTSIDE scientology, he is apparently "just another guy" with about the same amount of influence on those close around him (family, friends, business associates, and community connections) as the rest of us.

In the world INSIDE scientology and now INSIDE the "ex"scientology community, he's a guy with big, big altitude.

It's really lovely and helpful that Bill, an "opinion leader" in scientology who is now an "opinion leader" in EX-scientology, has come out with the big revelation that:

upsets (ARCx), not overts and withholds, are the reason people blow (leave).

Well strike me blind and dumb! Some of us who were never, and are still not, "opinion leaders" (in either or any other group) have been pointing that out for some time now, and have been pointing out how "confession" in scientology is used not to "help" but rather to control people ... but obviously our opinions just didn't carry enough weight because hardly anyone seemed to notice.

So. Thanks to this thread, we have all learned another great lesson! and that lesson is:

rather than thinking things out for themselves, many people will only believe something when it is spoken or written by people with "altitude," whose opinions they value more than their own.

All righty then.

Now tell me again, how was it that people got sucked into and lost so much in the scam called "scientology"?
    The difference is that Bill posted that LRH admitted this in confidence and kept it a secret while he used the O/W tech to control. Did you already know that LRH did this?
    MY STORY FROM INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...-Ups-and-Downs

"Scientology is essentially a spy and mind-control network set up to extract the most money it can from itís members as well as to enforce the maximum amount of production out of each individual, at minimal or no cost to the organization. Itís as simple as that." - John Peeler

Patron

Default Brainwashing

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    Bill, do you think Hubbard ever set out on an altruistic path simply to help people or was it always about himself and his agrandizement?
    Dear synthia, I don't know but I am sure you and a lot of people remember his widespread statement in the 50's "That if anyone ever want to make a lot of money all that was needed to do was start a church." I am sure you remember this; it used to drive the GO crazy. The standard response for the press was doesn't have a greatsense of humor and I know for a fact that Ron has never benefitted a cent from is work. What a fool we all feel for that one and of course I am sure this sanctimonious principle is followed to the letter by those generous souls who have picked up the sacred torch.
    wogman

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn View Post
    Scientology is already falling apart, it's is a relic of the Cold War. Today it's about as relevant as 8 Track Tapes. The only people outside of the cult interested in Scientology are those looking for a freak-show to entertain them.

The cult's supply of fresh meat has dried up, nobody under 50 years old is interested in Hubbard's obsolete 1950s pop psychology or fighting a war against Hubbard's imaginary enemies to stop a nuclear holocaust that was supposed to happen twenty years ago. The only thing the cult can do is focus on keeping an illusion of relevance to the few remaining members.
    They're already holding themselves together with their offspring, like any religious movement or communally organized group with as many rules that the members agree to, will eventually evolve into.

They've got a large percentage of their new Sea Org members from Scientologist offspring.

Were we to have detailed survey info on the Sea Org members, their histories, we'd see that MORE of the new Sea Org members are 2nd and 3rd generation Scientology offspring.

The problem is not recruiting from the outside world, it's recruiting from within the offspring of the existing Scientologists.

If one wanted to intercede in Sea Org recruitment, then getting the message to Scientologists' kids, would be the way to go to undermine future Sea Org recruitment.

How Scientologists shield their kids from the internet Scientology criticism, THAT is the drawn battleline. The internet is enemy territory to Scientologists, and getting the offspring to venture and read freely and widely about Scientology on the internet, is positive.
    Chuck Beatty
    ex Sea Org (1975-2003)
    412-260-1170
    chuckbeatty77@aol.com

"I think a lot of my father's stuff doesn't work. So I false report whenever I need to. Personally, I think my father's crazy."
    - Quentin Hubbard Class 12 Scientologist, statement to Dennis Erlich
    http://www.lermanet.com/exit/quentincoroner.htm

Patron

Default brainwashing

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Mr Franks,

Why now? What made you decide to speak up about this?

I do welcome any info on how we were brainwashed. The info about O/W's is quite astounding for me. Little by little if we can take all those lies fed to us and replace with the truth can only help us.
    I publish this now for the reason that some good friends, Gregg Wells, Dennis Erlich, Marsha Sorenson, and Peggy Daroesman encoursaged me to publish it, and 2) that there was a forum where it would be read. I should say that this is Not the first time I have tried to get the word out but for many reasons no one took notice. i am thankful that there is now such a good forum to receive this. wogman

6. Likes ClearEyed liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn View Post
    Why would you think I'm trying to stop others from speaking out? My comment was directed to the people who are still pretending Hubbard was anything but a con man and Scientology is anything other than a con game. The point I'm making is it's no revelation that Hubbard was a soulless piece of shit.

It would be a revelation if someone was able to uncover a single act of Hubbard's that was not self-serving ... not that would be some Earth shattering news.
    Boy, did you misinterpret what I wrote.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

Rog,

Yes, this is an amazing thread, IMO.

I agree with you that of more importance of what El Ron said re: ARCX’s vs Withhold’s is that he told David and Bill to keep their mouth's shut.

Of even more importance to me is the fact that he told them that oblivious to the fact that Hisself's dispatch would ARCX them big time…or maybe, at that point, Hisself just didn’t F’n care.

Face
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 28th February 2011 at 12:12 AM.
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

Patron

Default brainwashing

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    Bill. I posted that believing that was your last word on the subject and while, unbeknownst to me, you later went on to help expose scientology in those legal cases. My bad. apologies

Mary
    No sweat. I appreciate your interest in this profound deception. best, Bill

Patron

Default brainwashing

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf K. Maier View Post
    I agree, but I'll go ya one more basic:

People who are upset (ARCXen) with Scientology ALL have something in common:

THEY WERE PROMISED SOMETHING WHICH WAS NEVER DELIVERED.

I'll go even further and point out that:

THERE WAS NEVER NEVER ANY INTENTION TO DELIVER WHAT WAS PROMISED, AS IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SO.

Why?

THE "TECH" OF MAKING HOMO SAPIENS INTO HOMO NOVIS IS A CALCULATED SCAM, WHICH CANNOT LIVE UP TO ITS HYPE.
    IT IS, HOWEVER, EFFECTIVE AT MAKING WILLING SLAVES OF PEOPLE, WHICH WAS ALWAYS ITS GOAL, AS PER HUBBARD'S ADMISSIONS.

"What a lot of people don't realize is that Scientology is black magic that is just spread out over a long time period. To perform black magic generally takes a few hours or, at most, a few weeks. But in Scientology it's stretched out over a lifetime, and so you don't see it. Black magic is the inner core of Scientology --and it is probably the only part of Scientology that really works." Ron DeWolf, AKA L. Ron Hubbard Jr.

I have yet to see or hear of someone disproving what Nibs said.

So, Mr Franks, are you still intent on salvaging the parts of the "tech" that work?
    If so, you will meet with unmitigated opposition.
    Dear Ulf, I have no dog in this fight. You can do with this info as you wish. best, Bill Franks

Quote Originally Posted by bill franks View Post
    Dear synthia, I don't know but I am sure you and a lot of people remember his widespread statement in the 50's "That if anyone ever want to make a lot of money all that was needed to do was start a church." I am sure you remember this; it used to drive the GO crazy. The standard response for the press was doesn't have a greatsense of humor and I know for a fact that Ron has never benefitted a cent from is work. What a fool we all feel for that one and of course I am sure this sanctimonious principle is followed to the letter by those generous souls who have picked up the sacred torch.
    wogman

Why yes, I even recall that the GO line was to blame it on George Orwell Thanks for your answer.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Page 32 of 56 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast