Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I told you I was trouble View Post
    Shush Hoaxie (I was hoping no-one had noticed!).

PS What time is the meeting?

Thursday at 2:00.

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Gottabrain

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    You are so welcome!

Vertly, I strongly suggest you broaden your potential without resorting to blocking out people with a generality.

The term "haters" is not appreciated nor welcome on this forum. Marty Rathbun created it out of thin air to apply it to any and all, lumped together, from here and at other forums, who did not agreed with him. It is propaganda and requires discernment.
    You're being very kind and generous, AnonyMary, by assuming Vertly, who has posted very little (none of which was about himself) would use a nasty generality like that to describe the posters on the EXScn Board with any other intention other than upsetting the board.

Even Marty hasn't posted anything like that on our board.

It's kind of like going to the main website for Black Human Rights lobbying and calling everyone there a nigger. Marty may have coined the word, but Vertly is using it on the most popular current thread at Exscn to try to start a flame war. And FAILed. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gottabrain View Post
    You're being very kind and generous, AnonyMary, by assuming Vertly, who has posted very little (none of which was about himself) would use a nasty generality like that to describe the posters on the EXScn Board with any other intention other than upsetting the board.

It's kind of like going to the main website for Black Human Rights lobbying and calling everyone there a nigger. Marty may have coined the word, but Vertly is using it on the most popular current thread at Exscn to try to start a flame war. And FAILed. :D
    I would hope thats not true trying to start a flame war Vertly- if so Fail.

the abundance of people who visit with the intention to upset is overwhelming,

Vertly, Here is freedom to express. what some others know is theirs to know and express not mine to squash it, thats what "grade zero" talk freely about anything means.
    Unfortunately it got squashed out of us, and we are taking it back to truth for ourselves, whats true for you is true for you.true for me , is true for me.
    It comes from scientologys cousin Buddhism. A very very distant ex communicated relative freedom to speak.

Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    Thursday at 2:00.

You have seriously restimulated me now (it doesn't take much) and I may not be fit to attend.

3 - 10 days should sort me out.

The birds they sang at the break of day, start again I seemed to hear them say.
    Do not dwell on what has passed away or what is yet to be.

Leonard Cohen.

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I told you I was trouble View Post
    You have seriously restimulated me now (it doesn't take much) and I may not be fit to attend.

3 - 10 days should sort me out.

Oh yeah, we have a dress code too...uuuh, it's a kinda nautical thing that ummm, let's say an organization at sea might wear...

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

6. Likes Boojuum liked this post
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax! View Post
    Oh yeah, we have a dress code too...uuuh, it's a kinda nautical thing that ummm, let's say an organization at sea might wear...

It'll take me more than 3-10 days to recover from that!

The birds they sang at the break of day, start again I seemed to hear them say.
    Do not dwell on what has passed away or what is yet to be.

Leonard Cohen.

The term "haters" seems to be quite common amongst those newly finding their feet outside of the CofS. It doesn't necessarily mean much except that it's become a sort of substitute word for what some used to think of as Suppressives, DBs, Merchants Of Chaos etc.

In my opinion, Ex-CofS members seem to need quite some time to overcome or come to terms with certain aspects of the indoctrinated mindset.

Labeling people as "this" or "that" sometimes allows one a sense of comfort when faced with the uncomfortable but it is usually a substitute for actually looking and confronting. It is a quite common mechanism in our society and is seldom recognised as intolerance for or inability to confront other viewpoints.

To me calling someone a "Hater" is not much different from labeling someone with a different viewpoint as "Stupid, Brainless, Moonbat" etc.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

Quote Originally Posted by Gottabrain View Post

Hi Gotta,
    First off, I misspelled his name, which I just corrected in my OP and not in time for the replies. It is Vertley

Secondly, I was not assuming anything. He used a term here that has been used by many since Marty coined it. I did not assume he learned it from Marty. I only wanted to alert him that it does not go over well here, and why :D

Perhaps he might have wanted to start a flame war. I don't know. I only know that when I hear or read the term 'haters' I see propaganda. I don't like propaganda one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jachss99 View Post
    I would hope thats not true trying to start a flame war Vertly- if so Fail.

the abundance of people who visit with the intention to upset is overwhelming,

Vertly, Here is freedom to express. what some others know is theirs to know and express not mine to squash it, thats what "grade zero" talk freely about anything means.
    Unfortunately it got squashed out of us, and we are taking it back to truth for ourselves, whats true for you is true for you.true for me , is true for me.
    It comes from scientologys cousin Buddhism. A very very distant ex communicated relative freedom to speak.
    see above.

note: " I am not happy with the derailing of this thread by comments that have nothing to do with a discussion of what Bill Franks has written here, the importance of this 'tech' point that has been revealed, and who Franks in the overall history of scientology. It's easy to get caught up in playful banter and Hubbard bashing. Additionally, some people cannot stop themselves from injecting their 'rightness' no matter how off-topic, rude or juvenile it may be. But the fact is, Vertley seized on an opportunity to use that 'haters' term and that could have been avoided. ESMB is a place to

"Meet other ex's. Share your experiences. Reunite with old friends.
    This message board is for ex Scientologists to freely discuss mutual experiences in Scientology. It covers such topics as L. Ron Hubbard, David Miscavige and current management, auditing and training, Ethics tech and its application, OSA, fair game, Clear & OT levels, Freewinds, and recovering from a cult experience."

Not a place to "come here to keep lurkers away from Hubbard's mind fuck". by use of assaultive communication
    Last edited by AnonyMary; 28th February 2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typos, correct hyperlink
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Silver Meritorious Patron Outethicsofficer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jachss99 View Post
    i would love to know which Syd Day or FDN , but dont say ,id rather have OSA scratching their heads and the route outs to continue.
    Well ANZO takes in a huge area and it is not confined to Australia and NZ, I should have said Oceania, but no need to give away where or who.
    Rather the purpose is to make new scientologists.
    And that is what they are trying to fool libraries, businesses and schools into helping them do - spread Scientology and make new scientologists.

Thanks to Lawrence Brennan for the above quote.

Silver Meritorious Patron Petey C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    note: " I am not happy with the derailing of this thread by comments that have nothing to do with a discussion of what Bill Franks has written here, the importance of this 'tech' point that has been revealed, and who Franks in the overall history of scientology.
    Yes, AnonyMary, me too. I think this revelation is actually a really important one. Others have said yeah so what, they knew that all along. But the point is, Hubbard knew and deliberately withheld the information and thousands of people got hurt because of it. To me this signals a truly evil intention, as opposed to a merely arrogant or megalomaniac intention, on the part of Tub-a-lard, I mean Hubbard. (There, I fell into the playful banter thing too.) And I think it's courageous of Bill to tell it as it was, and to put his real name on the post, come what may.

Petey

12. Likes ClearEyed liked this post
Page 38 of 56 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast