Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Patron Meritorious MostlyLurker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    The term "haters" seems to be quite common amongst those newly finding their feet outside of the CofS. It doesn't necessarily mean much except that it's become a sort of substitute word for what some used to think of as Suppressives, DBs, Merchants Of Chaos etc.

In my opinion, Ex-CofS members seem to need quite some time to overcome or come to terms with certain aspects of the indoctrinated mindset.

Labeling people as "this" or "that" sometimes allows one a sense of comfort when faced with the uncomfortable but it is usually a substitute for actually looking and confronting. It is a quite common mechanism in our society and is seldom recognised as intolerance for or inability to confront other viewpoints.

To me calling someone a "Hater" is not much different from labeling someone with a different viewpoint as "Stupid, Brainless, Moonbat" etc.
    I agree!

The use of the word "haters" may well be:

1) a wrong indication or invalidation (black dianetics in action)
    2) though stopping definition
    3) no confront of others ideas or viewpoints
    4) lack of "greatness"
    “It is simply not true that we are trapped in this universe. There is no way out of this trap for the simple reason that it wasn’t a trap in the first place. Therefore, any sign-post that purports to point to "the way out of the trap" must either be meaningless or else point the way into a trap.” ― from Letter to a Scientologist by Per-Olof Samuelsson

Congrats to this thread - heaps of historical data, great discussion of tech from all angles. Great opening up to realistic discussion of the future. To use an Australianism,

Good onya Mr Franks.

You bloody beauty!

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

Hubbard knew what he was doing when he made Scientology into a cult. It wasn't an accident.

The cover of Hubbard's secretly authored 1955 'Brainwashing manual' kind of sums it up: http://warrior.xenu.ca/Brainwashing-front.jpg

'Brainwashing Manual Parallels': http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....6&postcount=24

'The Scientological Onion': http://exscn.net/content/view/178/10...6&postcount=24

Where the white stars fairly blaze at midnight in the cold and frosty sky

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLurker View Post
    I agree!

The use of the word "haters" may well be:

1) a wrong indication or invalidation (black dianetics in action)
    2) though stopping definition
    3) no confront of others ideas or viewpoints
    4) lack of "greatness
    "
    Well said and let that be the end of the use of this abominable term by the indies!!!

Fellers, it's really, really LAME!
    Kevin Bloody Mackey

The Story of my Bridge to OT VII

"I'm not angry anymore, as more and more people rediscover their true selves through Scientology, together we WILL achieve a world without war, crime, and insanity." Rex Fowler, OTVII, before shooting his ex-partner three times in the head and then himself.

Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by FoTi View Post
    The difference is that Bill posted that LRH admitted this in confidence and kept it a secret while he used the O/W tech to control. Did you already know that LRH did this?
    I already knew that LRH used the O/W tech (as well as several other mechanisms imbedded in his "tech") to control people.

I've known that for some long time now -- for the 30+ years since I routed off staff. The fact that LRH actually admitted that to someone doesn't make it any more "real" to me because it was already "real" to me.

What I still don't know is:

why would people ALLOW themselves to be controlled by someone (LRH or anyone else) in this way?

...when all along they had the choice to walk away.

Why they would put up with it, year after year, $ after $, separation after separation due to "disconnection" policies? why would grown adults follow "orders" regarding important life issues given them by preteen children and teenagers? why would they consign their children to the Sea Org (or just turn them out and abandon them to the street, as some have done) to serve LRH and scientology? why would they engage in all the other appalling behaviors we've seen documented over the last couple of decades in order to serve LRH and scientology?

The fact that "LRH controlled them by telling them they had O/Ws" is, for me, an inadequate explanation for why people allowed themselves to be controlled and behaved as they did.

But if hearing this tidbit (that LRH actually admitted his true intentions to someone whose name you know) helps you get free of the LRH mindfuck, then I'm all for it. Hip hip hooray.

Patron Meritorious Ulf K. Maier's Avatar

Default Tech-hater

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    The term "haters" seems to be quite common amongst those newly finding their feet outside of the CofS. It doesn't necessarily mean much except that it's become a sort of substitute word for what some used to think of as Suppressives, DBs, Merchants Of Chaos etc.

In my opinion, Ex-CofS members seem to need quite some time to overcome or come to terms with certain aspects of the indoctrinated mindset.

Labeling people as "this" or "that" sometimes allows one a sense of comfort when faced with the uncomfortable but it is usually a substitute for actually looking and confronting. It is a quite common mechanism in our society and is seldom recognised as intolerance for or inability to confront other viewpoints.

To me calling someone a "Hater" is not much different from labeling someone with a different viewpoint as "Stupid, Brainless, Moonbat" etc.
    Or "NAZI", "neo-Nazi", "anti-Semite". It's just another ad-hominem attack used when the user has no other resort in a discussion (lacking brain or will).

Usually, the "hater-haters" wind up on my Ignore list. Guess that makes me a TECH-HATER. And so I must be.

Bye, OSA... PLONK.
    Ulf

@OSA: I am not auditing you... THIS is the session.

Quote Originally Posted by olska View Post
    I already knew that LRH used the O/W tech (as well as several other mechanisms imbedded in his "tech") to control people.

I've known that for some long time now -- for the 30+ years since I routed off staff. The fact that LRH actually admitted that to someone doesn't make it any more "real" to me because it was already "real" to me.

why would people ALLOW themselves to be controlled by someone (LRH or anyone else) in this way?

Why they would put up with it, year after year, $ after $, separation after separation due to "disconnection" policies? why would grown adults follow "orders" regarding important life issues given them by preteen children and teenagers? why would they consign their children to the Sea Org (or just turn them out and abandon them to the street, as some have done) to serve LRH and scientology? why would they engage in all the other appalling behaviors we've seen documented over the last couple of decades in order to serve LRH and scientology?

The fact that "LRH controlled them by telling them they had O/Ws" is, for me, an inadequate explanation for why people allowed themselves to be controlled and behaved as they did.

But if hearing this tidbit (that LRH actually admitted his true intentions to someone whose name you know) helps you get free of the LRH mindfuck, then I'm all for it. Hip hip hooray.
    Why . the control factors.
    Is there Choice? ..without Fear, guilt, greatest good, losing salvation.
    all external routes are cut off, deceptively hidden, communications barred, KSW1. and your kept so busy to ever wonder

Because he was selling the way out of the vulnerabilities and weaknesses of being human and people wanted it to be true. It's such a compelling thing that people will put up with a lot just for the chance that it might be true and as well there were plenty of people saying that it was true.

P.S. This sort of topic is exactly what this board is here for so if it doesn't make sense to you then feel free to leave.

Banned

. . . <snip> . . . why would people ALLOW themselves to be controlled by someone (LRH or anyone else) in this way? . . . <snip> . . .
    They didn't have the choice, they were brainwashed. If you pay really close attention and concentrate real hard, you'll find that it is the topic of the thread.

It's all about getting to the Champagne Room

How can you leave now when you're only one step away from entering the Champagne Room

Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast