Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Silver Meritorious Patron OHTEEATE's Avatar

Default Blows

I blew from the Sea Org twice. First from the Apollo in 1974 in Freeport, Bahamas, and second from FLB in 2005. Both times, it was ARCX's. Lied to by recruiter, both times. Then, third flow mistreatment of others by others, and lots of it. Hubbard had close contact wuth a relative handful of people during the day on the Apollo. He kept his distance from most staff. Occasionally, he would come to a party and be sociable for awhile, and enjoy himself, but he kept the command ethics presence thingy , probably to keep too many people from getting close enough to find out this kind of revealing data.
    As young adults, most of us would put up with quite a bit of poor berthing, poor food, poor medical, dental, etc. We were YOUNG and didn't mind so much. I think the older people saw through it more. I found the L's interesting in 1985. L-10 in particular, turned on some amazing perception changes. None were lasting. Whole track overts of magnitude, E/S to basic. 125 hours worth at $12,500 per intensive! If you analyse Flag from 1975 on, it's about the Class XII HGC revenue and delivery of L's, as a huge cash cow. My auditor alone made them $50,000 a week, year after year.
    " A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge." Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMary View Post
    I'm glad Karen has verified that thaqt is Bill Franks. Thing is, I don't see the Blow=ARCX thing revealed on his facebook as you seem to be saying.

Would love to hear from him directly on this message board. Someone needs to help him start navigating here, lol.
    Mary, the exact wording of this OP is on FB verbatim, It was pasted from there and copied to here, word for word.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    Mary, the exact wording of this OP is on FB verbatim, It was pasted from there and copied to here, word for word.
    wow, I don't see it. Do you have to be on his friend list to see it? All I see are announcements of adding new friends and few comments unrelated.
    Oh, well, if you say so, I'm fine with it
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

wow, I don't see it. Do you have to be on his friend list to see it? All I see are announcements of adding new friends and few comments unrelated.
    Oh, well, if you say so, I'm fine with it
    Yes, I am on his friend's list and I do see it and if it wasn't an invasion of privacy to take a screenshot, I'd show you. Believe me. It's there, word for word along with a whole long exchange.

gwells, please speak up as I know you are online, on the board and on this thread. (No, I don't have super powers. LOL. That's something you can see here). So, please speak up, it's your original post here.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

TheSneakster

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLurker View Post
    By reading Robin Scott's & Bill Franks chat on FB the message seems genuine.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.ph...29720618<br />
    I get a "Content Not Available" error, when I try to follow this link - an I am a member of Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster View Post
    I get a "Content Not Available" error, when I try to follow this link - an I am a member of Facebook.
    I don't get that message. The link takes me there. Anyway. It's there.

I'm glad Karen has verified that thaqt is Bill Franks. Thing is, I don't see the Blow=ARCX thing revealed on his facebook as you seem to be saying.

Would love to hear from him directly on this message board. Someone needs to help him start navigating here, lol.
    One needs to click on the "more" button of the particular message of the post and it opens up just like the OP on this thread. The OP on this thread big issue that Bill is commenting on is the "Blow=ARCX thing revealed"

Though for me, the big thing is Hubbard's dishonest use of his knowledge and the paranoia over threat of loss of control of people, orgs and $cn.

All of the postings on the Facebook chat appear in truncated form, and you have to open them to get all.

But actually, it would appear that Bill was either not on the lines in '63 when this tech was developed (Mayo, I'm sure was: he was an old HPA from NZ) or Bill had forgotten it and been embroiled in the later sec-check to death syndrome.

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

Silver Meritorious Patron Boojuum's Avatar

Default Yeyy!

Whether it's the real Bill or not, I find the statement oddly freeing.

So, the REAL reason I left was because I was upset and wasn't because of overts.

It's what I said and said and said and said and said.

Oddly, that one statement, that people leave because they are upset, makes me think that LRH wasn't always crazy and wasn't always pushing his notion of man down our throats. He could actually be understanding instead of manipulative.

So my notion of the world was correct and LRH's written assertion about leaving because of overts was wrong?

LRH had this certainty that people did bad stuff. It was a notion he just couldn't shake and like the Catholics in the Inquisition it became the key applied technology. So strange. His accusations in Dianetics about coat hanger abortions or communists or Japanese submarines or the psychs and the endless string of sp's determined to destroy the church I have always found baffling.

I have never met anyone who had that much certainty that the world in general was so evil.

New tech bulletin: MOST PEOPLE WHO LEAVE ARE UPSET.

Duhhhhhhhh!

I can live with that.

TheSneakster

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Synthia View Post
    Yes, I am on his friend's list and I do see it and if it wasn't an invasion of privacy to take a screenshot, I'd show you. Believe me. It's there, word for word along with a whole long exchange.
    On *whose* friend's list, please ?

There is no such exchange on the I currently have friended.

Which Facebook ID has this "long exchange" posted on it's wall. Please post exact Facebook ID where you saw this material. Facebook ID #'s are unique and resolve the situation of there being multiple accounts with the same name.

I am obviously in no position to dispute anything the real Bill Franks says he eyewitnessed back on the Apollo in 1974. But has it yet been established that the "Bill Franks" Robin Scott is talking with is the real deal? I don't think so.

This here is what I just copied and pasted from the FaceBook chat:
    Here is my story about brainwashing. As you know I have tried unsuccessfully to get this posted elsewhere. I have tried also to tell this story many times since it occured where it might be help ful but it does not se...em to be of interest or there is a lot of apathy out there which is certainly understandable. I retell this here as it is about the tech and I think is useful in explaining a lot of what has happened over the years.
    Firstly, I swear that this is the absolute and complete truth even though it occurred 37 years ago.
    Secondly, a little about me which might put things into perspective as to why I saw what I am about to say as very significant and in a way horrific.I was in the SO for a little under 14 years. I attained the "rank' of Lt. Commander through promotions only by Hubbard. I was OEC and FEBC(trained by Hubbard) , HSDC, Class nine when I left in December 27 1981, as well as DSEC, Nots auditor, plus assorted other stuff. I was OT five plus nots, plus sec checked up the wazoo over the years. I also audited between 3-4000 hours conservatively speaking-probably much more, a lot of this was under Hub as the C/S. I spent about 3 1/2 years working with Hubbard pretty directly on the ship at various posts.Ii got to know him as well as anybody did.
    My last position was Chairman of the Board and ED Int both by directive of LRH personally.
    Ok.
    Thirdly and to the point of all this preamble, on one night in 1974 I found myself in David mayo's office in the tween decks of the Apollo.
    It was very late or early in the morning. We were ,i believe in the port of Safi, Morrocco. A student of mine, I was currently D of T and Mayo was Flag Snr C/S, had blown. Hubbard was extremely angry with us due to this blown student of mine on the FEBC program. In an attempt to show Hubbard what we had done to handle this guy we collected up all the sec checking that he had received over the last 2 months, it had been a lot poor guy, and presented it to him along with an outline ofthis studen't progress on the courses he had taken. We had also wanted to show him how we had been careful that he hadn't gone by misunderstoods, etc.
    We waited and waited and about 0300 hrs a messenger came down with a Despatch written by LRH. My memory does not recall any folders being returned. The despatch was entitled Very Confidential underlined. "He went onto say that if you or Franks ever reveal any of this information that I am about to reveal, the consequences will be severe for SCN."
    He then wrote" a person does not blow due Overts or Witholds. He blows only due to ARC BKs".
    "However, If any of this information ever became public,I would lose all control of the orgs and eventually Scientology as a whole".signed "LRH"
    Both Mayo and me looked at one another completely incredulously. I cannot speak for Dave but I was completely flabbergasted as I realized at that point of digestion that he is talking about something that 75-80% of the tech is premised upon. Furthermore, the OEC/FEBC was currently anchored by the latest" developpment" at the time -being the L's, L-10,11, & 12.which for tose who don't know is about OW's. I don't believe Mayo or I talked about this again until we were out where I saw him at his auditing facility in Montecito, California in 1983. I believed we were a bit shell shocked about this.
    As for me, I began to see more and more that scientology was merely a big prison camp. I stayed in for another 7 plus years but I was always mindful of this and always had in mind changing this "tech". I believe it is the key to what we have all seen and experienced as brainwashing.
    That is all. I hope someone who want to use this will do so as there is no doubt that there is good in the tech it is just a matter of where is it.
    How do you sort out the good and the bad and at the same time keep the good without throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
    I regret that I could not fix this during my tenure.
    Best, wogman Bill FranksSee More
    Thursday at 4:37pm 2 people

Edit: This above is from the open to the public "wall" of Robin Scott:
    so is this below which began the discussion . . .

Robin's Profile Bill's Profile Robin's Wall

Robin Scott ->Bill Franks
    Hi Bill - I think you will be intrigued to learn that there is a website http://www.savescientology.com/ which recommends putting you back on post as ED Int (if you can be 'cleaned up')!
    I wonder if you have been consulted in this respect, and what your thoughts are in relation to such a plan? Personally, I would love to see you taking... over the reins once again!
    Warmest regards, Robin Scott
    See More
    Last edited by RogerB; 26th February 2011 at 05:41 PM.
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast