Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Frank's story about brainwashing (thread merge)

Bill says on the FB page that he's tried to register here but I can't find anything in the membership database.

Could get a message to Frank that he needs to register on ESMB not exscn.net to post here.

TheSneakster

Question

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    This here is what I just copied and pasted from the FaceBook chat:
    From the Facebook Chat WHERE?

Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

Default Mea Culpa

All right, gwells.

I’m not on FB and don’t have any interest in being on FB. If Rog says the OP is real then I’m satisfied.

I’d love for Bill to come on ESMB. My response was predicated on the fact that there have been other OP’s, posts and Links in the past made re: Scn History or Key Players that I personally know to be false and have picked them apart before. I’m not the ESMB “Gatekeeper” and I detest uncalled for confrontation but I do care about the folks on this Board and the accuracy and authenticity of what is posted here as “Historical Background”. As I said cleverly written, but bogus, posts re: historical Scn and El Ron events have been posted or linked to here a few times in the past.

There’s a few things in the OP re: Bill that are news to me (certainly not the Ed Int stuff) but, as Karen pointed out, I was not aware that Bill had been on the Ship in ’74. If Bill Franks says the OP is 100% accurate then I’m satisfied and O. K..

You have to understand, gwells, that it’s a little odd for someone to post an OP for someone else…and especially someone as important to the complete picture and critical moments of the History of Scn as is Bill Franks. Of course, it also may appear a little odd that I’m not on FB and don’t intend to be.

Having said all that, I do sincerely hope that Bill will join us here…I have posted before—and will be posting more in the next few weeks— that I thought well of Bill and that his neutering and ouster by the CMO was one of the critical lynch pins that unleashed the wonton madness and destruction of Scn the early ‘80’s. Bill was one of the “Good Guys”, IMHO, and I’m very glad to hear that he is still around and is talking.

Peace.

Face
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 26th February 2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Changed one word, punc
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

I've been waiting a long time to post this next bit, and I do hope it will help many people here on this board:

Additional reasons that people "blow" are:

Onion rings
    Canaries
    The color puce
    Tight underwear
    Scottish terriers
    Sleet
    That person I used to be married to
    The traffic lights on Rampart Boulevard
    Lindsey Lohan

I hope this will indicate the right bypassed charge to those who have suffered in confusion for years.

Sincerely,

TG1 (I am really David Mayo)

5. Likes Lulu Belle liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by TheSneakster View Post
    On *whose* friend's list, please ?

There is no such exchange on the I currently have friended.

Which Facebook ID has this "long exchange" posted on it's wall. Please post exact Facebook ID where you saw this material. Facebook ID #'s are unique and resolve the situation of there being multiple accounts with the same name.

I am obviously in no position to dispute anything the real Bill Franks says he eyewitnessed back on the Apollo in 1974. But has it yet been established that the "Bill Franks" Robin Scott is talking with is the real deal? I don't think so.
    I am on Bill Frank's friends list and the exchange is on his wall, embedded in comments to a post that Robin Scott put on Bill's wall.

This is getting silly.

gwells, the originator of this thread needs to speak up.
    "Scientology: The only game in the universe where the rapist is your ethics officer." - HelluvaHoax

"Yes Scientology at this point is nothing but its own funeral. You might as well leave early and beat the traffic. " - Thrak

This here is what I just copied and pasted from the FaceBook chat:
    Here is my story about brainwashing. As you know I have tried unsuccessfully to get this posted elsewhere. I have tried also to tell this story many times since it occured where it might be help ful but it does not se...em to be of interest or there is a lot of apathy out there which is certainly understandable. I retell this here as it is about the tech and I think is useful in explaining a lot of what has happened over the years.
    Firstly, I swear that this is the absolute and complete truth even though it occurred 37 years ago.
    Secondly, a little about me which might put things into perspective as to why I saw what I am about to say as very significant and in a way horrific.I was in the SO for a little under 14 years. I attained the "rank' of Lt. Commander through promotions only by Hubbard. I was OEC and FEBC(trained by Hubbard) , HSDC, Class nine when I left in December 27 1981, as well as DSEC, Nots auditor, plus assorted other stuff. I was OT five plus nots, plus sec checked up the wazoo over the years. I also audited between 3-4000 hours conservatively speaking-probably much more, a lot of this was under Hub as the C/S. I spent about 3 1/2 years working with Hubbard pretty directly on the ship at various posts.Ii got to know him as well as anybody did.
    My last position was Chairman of the Board and ED Int both by directive of LRH personally.
    Ok.
    Thirdly and to the point of all this preamble, on one night in 1974 I found myself in David mayo's office in the tween decks of the Apollo.
    It was very late or early in the morning. We were ,i believe in the port of Safi, Morrocco. A student of mine, I was currently D of T and Mayo was Flag Snr C/S, had blown. Hubbard was extremely angry with us due to this blown student of mine on the FEBC program. In an attempt to show Hubbard what we had done to handle this guy we collected up all the sec checking that he had received over the last 2 months, it had been a lot poor guy, and presented it to him along with an outline ofthis studen't progress on the courses he had taken. We had also wanted to show him how we had been careful that he hadn't gone by misunderstoods, etc.
    We waited and waited and about 0300 hrs a messenger came down with a Despatch written by LRH. My memory does not recall any folders being returned. The despatch was entitled Very Confidential underlined. "He went onto say that if you or Franks ever reveal any of this information that I am about to reveal, the consequences will be severe for SCN."
    He then wrote" a person does not blow due Overts or Witholds. He blows only due to ARC BKs".
    "However, If any of this information ever became public,I would lose all control of the orgs and eventually Scientology as a whole".signed "LRH"
    Both Mayo and me looked at one another completely incredulously. I cannot speak for Dave but I was completely flabbergasted as I realized at that point of digestion that he is talking about something that 75-80% of the tech is premised upon. Furthermore, the OEC/FEBC was currently anchored by the latest" developpment" at the time -being the L's, L-10,11, & 12.which for tose who don't know is about OW's. I don't believe Mayo or I talked about this again until we were out where I saw him at his auditing facility in Montecito, California in 1983. I believed we were a bit shell shocked about this.
    As for me, I began to see more and more that scientology was merely a big prison camp. I stayed in for another 7 plus years but I was always mindful of this and always had in mind changing this "tech". I believe it is the key to what we have all seen and experienced as brainwashing.
    That is all. I hope someone who want to use this will do so as there is no doubt that there is good in the tech it is just a matter of where is it.
    How do you sort out the good and the bad and at the same time keep the good without throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
    I regret that I could not fix this during my tenure.
    Best, wogman Bill FranksSee More
    Thursday at 4:37pm 2 people
    I think one must be on his friend's list to see it. That's fine with me.

DM must be going nuts that Franks is networking, lol.

Marty must be like , 'WTF' on this statement. Perhaps something good will come of it, like open dialogue on the tech and old enemies never being enemies at all.

I could see Hubbard stating that Blows are ARCxs. Afetr all those sec checks that guy received, and he still wnted to leave, well, what else is there but the fact that things didn't go as planned and one wants to leave.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

From the Facebook Chat WHERE?
    See post # 41 on this thread fr the direct link . . .
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

Geez, TG1, I'd say yes.

I just read his thread on Facebook . . . . these guys are legitimate former, as in ex,-Scn . . . . in all the shapes and sizes we come in. While some on his live chat thread might still believe in some or even most of the "tech"; they are certainly anti-midget and anti-Cof$.

But what Bill F has revealed here (and he has posted it on his FaceBook) is a further devastating nail in the coffin of Hubbard's credibility and a further colossal proof of his manipulative dishonesty and deceit.

The revelation that ARCX's causes blows is no revelation . . . . go back to '63 and '64 and R2H and the use of ARCX Repair lists Recall Alan's Opening Pandora's Box thread where Alan relates how folks were blowing the SHSBC due to BPC/ARCX's. Relate this to Hubbard's '63 datum "that all ARCX's are caused by BPC."

What is shocking here is the, again, another instance of Hubbard deceit, lies and manipulation of truth and people in a destructive manner.

This example again calls into question the legitimacy, honesty and integrity of the tech Hubbard released/published. This clearly demonstrates not only that Hubbard was dishonest with his tech development, use and practice; but that the tech as delivered and published by him is fraught with untruth and lies.

I love the idea of getting guys like Bill F, and our "Face" and all the other old-timers and folks who'd worked close to "source" to be able to get into an exchange of info so we could really figure out what the F*** really was going on that sent the Cof$ in the crazy direction it went.

Alan revealed some very pertinent info . . . the story about Hubbard's covert action to destroy Alan with false reports to the IRS.

This new truth reveled by Bill is another important piece of the puzzle . . . and indeed, it will likely bring some relief to many folks who'd been constantly given wrong whys/whats/indications and had bum tech run on them!

RogerB

Face
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

Quote Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
    I've been waiting a long time to post this next bit, and I do hope it will help many people here on this board:

Additional reasons that people "blow" are:

Onion rings
    Canaries
    The color puce
    Tight underwear
    Scottish terriers
    Sleet
    That person I used to be married to
    The traffic lights on Rampart Boulevard
    Lindsey Lohan

I hope this will indicate the right bypassed charge to those who have suffered in confusion for years.

Sincerely,

TG1 (I am really David Mayo)

Which Facebook ID has this "long exchange" posted on it's wall. Please post exact Facebook ID where you saw this material. Facebook ID #'s are unique and resolve the situation of there being multiple accounts with the same name.
    fb id 100001929720618

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001929720618
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time -- and that's enough to make a decent living.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

-- W.C. Fields

Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast