Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scientology Operation Against Washington Post Reporter Richard Leiby Exposed

Default Re: Scientology Operation Against Washington Post Reporter Richard Leiby Exposed

Quote Originally Posted by MostlyLurker View Post
    I would love if you could post here, before you leave:
    1. Your posts that didn't got through on Marty's blog.
    2. A detailed account of anything unpleasant that you or your kids experienced that you think could have been caused by or related to Scientology: spying, the rabbit incident, any kind of pressure or odd stuff.

Scientology dirty actions deserve exposure.

Scientologists pay to the Church hundreds of thousand dollars to "save mankind", totally unaware about how the Church spend their money to harass others. They do not believe Scientology could ever do anything bad to people. They are so wrong! First hand accounts help many to discover the dark side of Scientology and wake up.

Thank you.
    It wouldn't be very smart legally for me to say anything of that, though I understand your request. I will say that this comment appeared anonymously on the Village Voice blog: Theresa Delfino --- This is not the Theresa Delfino who is concerned about her personal life being "splashed" all over the internet. I don't believe this is the former wife of Richard Leiby

And the words "splashed on the Internet" have never appeared under my name. I will share one submitted and unposted comment I wrote:

theresa defino | May 12, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Reply
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    I am trying a third time to get a comment posted. I already replied that twice Rathbun was giving [GIVEN} my phone number yesterday and asked to call, by a person who wouldn’t give me his number. He choose NOT to call me.
    As I stated in the other comments you refused to publish, I did NOT defend the `church.’ You did not need to publish my name or any details about me or my children.
    Clearly my statement indicates that the documents, and Rathbun’s paraphrasing, both contained numerous factual errors not limited to the fact that my job history is wrong, job title is work, other personal details…all wrong. When you print personal information about someone you might consider contacting them for confirmation and if you can’t get YOU DON’T USE IT. I see no reason to stoke the ‘church’s’ pleasure with my outrage. I’m now being accused of being a Scientologist because I know how to craft a reply statement? How does this fit with your accusation that I “caved” to become their tool?

Silver Meritorious Patron SpecialFrog's Avatar

Default Re: Scientology Operation Against Washington Post Reporter Richard Leiby Exposed

Hello Theresa,

While I am certainly not defending Marty's actions here, just a quick scan of the village voice comments yielded this comment from you:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ment-202130914
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa Defino
    (5 days ago)
    Wally, I did not save them. Essentially I responded to him saying I had defended the church. I didn't no such thing. I pointed out that he was given my number and chose not to call me. I never had his, in response to his allegation that I never contacted him. I said that the time for him to have contacted me was before he choose to splash my personal info over the Internet. I said because I wasn't confident he wouldn't twist my words as he had been, I was terminating communication. This never appeared. I wrote a second, shorter version, also nada.
    which seems to precede this comment:

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...ment-203409316
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic101
    (4 days ago)
    Theresa Delfino --- This is not the Theresa Delfino who is concerned about her personal life being "splashed" all over the internet. I don't believe this is the former wife of Richard Leiby
    This makes it seem like it was one of Marty's followers repeating the "OSA impersonator" line that came up in comments on Marty's site rather than Marty or Mike responding based on unpublished comments.

I still think Marty's responses to your comments was BS and the reaction of some of his groupies was uncalled for, though.

Regards

You got me. Forgive me for not remembering everything I posted and where. This item and the subsequent second one were on Rathbun's blog, Gawker, Romanesko's blog on Poynter and a million other places and I commented on many. I do know I used the phrase in a comment that Rathbun didn't post, written the same day as he ran the item. Just a few days with all this shit and you can see how it makes one a little confused.

Silver Meritorious Patron SpecialFrog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tdefino View Post
    Just a few days with all this shit and you can see how it makes one a little confused.
    Quite understandable.

I wasn't trying to attack you, I just like to make sure my reasons for thinking Marty is a wanker are entirely accurate.

5. Likes tdefino liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234