Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Gold Meritorious Patron

Default Re: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post

So - the International President of Scientology's front group Citizens Commission on Human Rights Jan Eastgate (aka Janice Meyer) is about to face a charge of perverting the course of justice in relation to her alleged attempts to cover up child sexual abuse committed by a fellow Scientologist. This should be good.

. . . see you soon, Jan.
    She might be ordered to drink some Coolaid before the hearing to avoid embarassment.

Pete

Banned

Okay. I guess Plan B is out too . . . you know the one . . . where the Australian government pulls some strings and has Jan transferred to Guantanamo to await extradition procedures? Bummer.

Hmmm . . . maybe she'll develop a mystery illness which prevents air travel, but would that make her PTS?

Gold Meritorious Patron Lohan2008's Avatar

Cool Re: Jan Eastgate

Plea or committal or s91 hearing (direction for witness to attend) on 17th January 2012. Jan Eastgate (aka Janice Meyer) has to attend.

Just in time for the Fourth anniverasy of 'Anonymous'...

Recital of Blessing on auspicious Occasions

4. Likes Infinite liked this post

Hi Miss Trouble - you know while I agree with the first part, I don't agree she is a victim.
    What really saddens and horrifies me about this is that many of us would have done what Jan Eastgate did and she is a victim herself (though I doubt she would agree with that ... yet).
    She chose on her own determinism to cover it up. She could have just as easily taken the other course - told the mom and her abused daughter to tell the cops and just don't mention Scientology to anyone. She could have told the purp if he ever mentioned Scientology to the cops, he could kiss his eternity good by.

As an exec she is expected to have a high level of ethics and to set a good example. Instead she sullied everyone involved, the church, herself, the girl and her mom, plus she sent a clear message to anybody who knew of the case that out ethics behavior of this sort is acceptable to the church.

No, she wasn't a victim, she was criminal.

Mimsey

6. Thanks Coyote13, Bill says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    Hi Miss Trouble - you know while I agree with the first part, I don't agree she is a victim.
    She chose on her own determinism to cover it up. She could have just as easily taken the other course - told the mom and her abused daughter to tell the cops and just don't mention Scientology to anyone. She could have told the purp if he ever mentioned Scientology to the cops, he could kiss his eternity good by.

As an exec she is expected to have a high level of ethics and to set a good example. Instead she sullied everyone involved, the church, herself, the girl and her mom, plus she sent a clear message to anybody who knew of the case that out ethics behavior of this sort is acceptable to the church.

Mimsey
    Yep, you are correct Mimsey . . . and to boot, she in actuality violated HCO Policy . . . though I'll admit it is an obscure and usually overlooked bit of almost hidden policy, it was a violation. And all in the stupid belief of a need to protect the "good name of the CofS"

Now there's an example of idiot think!

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!
    Visit: http://knowledgism-practice-group.org

Gottabrain

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Time to face the music - not happy, Jan?

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Now we'll get to hear to hear the full story.

Got your shore-stories written, OSAspawn?

Real justice will hopefully be done for Carmen.

Trust the Psi Corps. Royal Prince Xenu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    Okay. I guess Plan B is out too . . . you know the one . . . where the Australian government pulls some strings and has Jan transferred to Guantanamo to await extradition procedures? Bummer.

Hmmm . . . maybe she'll develop a mystery illness which prevents air travel, but would that make her PTS?
    Do you think she'll pull a Christopher Skase, sitting in a wheel-chair with a breathing mask? If we gave her a proper shake-down we may get $4.50 and a used Ventolin inhaler each.
    "During the chaos of the Eugenics Wars, cultists infiltrated NASA and substituted their own LRH Golden Discs for the official 'Sounds of Earth' records that were to be launched in the Voyager 6 mission. / Hilarity ensued." Gene Roddenberry

SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC

10. Likes Infinite, Zhent, scooter liked this post
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

double post.
    Last edited by I told you I was trouble; 20th December 2011 at 02:52 PM.

"I like pigs. Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs treat you like an equal."

Sir Winston Churchill.

Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

Posted by Mimsey Borogrove

snipped

She chose on her own determinism to cover it up.

Except for the very strong, there is no own determinism when you are a scientology staff member ... especially if you are unfortunate enough to be an 'exec'. That was what I meant Mimsey.

Posted by RogerB

Yep, you are correct Mimsey . . . and to boot, she in actuality violated HCO Policy . . . though I'll admit it is an obscure and usually overlooked bit of almost hidden policy, it was a violation. And all in the stupid belief of a need to protect the "good name of the CofS"

Now there's an example of idiot think!

R

Which HCO Policy are you referring to?

She would have been ripped to shreds by cofs management if she hadn't tried to protect the "good name of the cofs" ... and she would have felt perfectly OK about doing it as I dare-say she felt that the little one had "pulled it in" as per the crazy scio tek.

Yes, it's 'idiot think' as you put it, but all staff and all scientologists and Indies/Freezoners are indulging in some of that, the cofs staff are being exploited and victimised while protecting the cofs insanity though.

I'm not defending her at all, and if true she did the wrong thing without a doubt, but that doesn't mean she isn't also a victim even though it's a term that she herself would reject due to being indoctrinated with scio hogwash.

"I like pigs. Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs treat you like an equal."

Sir Winston Churchill.

13. Likes Free to shine, Sindy liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post

Mimsey
    She was following policy.

High Crime: "Delivering up the person of a Scientologist without justifiable defense or lawful protest to the demands of civil or criminal law."

As there is no justifiable defense for such child abuse, Jan had no choice as a "Good Scientologist". She had to suppress the whole thing to keep the Scientologist from jail.

According to Hubbard, there is no justice in the wog world. "Police and courts offer an open-armed opportunity to the vicious and corrupt to establish themselves in a position of safety while satisfying their strange appetites of perverted viciousness toward their fellow man."

In reading Hubbard's ethics policies, it is clear to me that "Justice" was supposed to be carried out only within the confines of the Church of Scientology, using their "superior" justice system.

No. As I see it, Jan was following Hubbard's policies to the letter. Yes, she is a criminal, but, in my opinion, that indicts the whole of Scientology.

15. Thanks Mimsey Borogrove says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Gadfly, Free to shine, scooter liked this post
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast