Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Bitter defrocked apostate Freeminds's Avatar

Default Re: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Jan Eastgate is a victim only in the sense that a 1940s era war criminal might claim that they are a victim of Nazism. The trials of 1946 found that individuals were still culpable, and that "I was only obeying my orders" was not an adequate defence. Here we have a similar totalitarian organisation, albeit of a pseudoreligious rather than nationalistic nature... but Jan Eastgate appears to have acted immorally.

Fortunately, we don't need to decide. The legal system will do that. It's possible that the Scientology cult may yet make a victim of Eastgate, by throwing her under a bus - metaphorically or literally - but even if they do, the damage is done. Scientology's fake halo has slipped, and I doubt the cult could be rehabilitated in Australia.
    You don't have to worry about squirrels
    unless you are a nut.

2. Thanks Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Smilla, I told you I was trouble liked this post

So Bill, I guess what you are saying about this
    In reading Hubbard's ethics policies, it is clear to me that "Justice" was supposed to be carried out only within the confines of the Church of Scientology, using their "superior" justice system.
    is that what Jan was supposed to do was get the guy com-eved, found guilty of an Sp act, declare him, THEN tell the mom and daughter to go to the cops and tell their story about the now defrocked apostate scumbag...

Now I understand.

Mimsey

4. Likes Bill liked this post
    Suspended animation ... I told you I was trouble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimsey Borogrove View Post
    So Bill, I guess what you are saying about thisis that what Jan was supposed to do was get the guy com-eved, found guilty of an Sp act, declare him, THEN tell the mom and daughter to go to the cops and tell their story about the now defrocked apostate scumbag...

Now I understand.

Mimsey

I think not.

Bill was saying that what she did was what she was supposed to do as per the cofs policies, or at least that is what I read into it.

"I like pigs. Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs treat you like an equal."

Sir Winston Churchill.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Scientology is above the laws of the land despite what it says in Way to Happiness. She was PTS which is why he was messing with her, so they should have done a 10 aug on her, found her earlier this life sp and made her disconnect. The mom should have gotten danger for not taking responsibility for her daughter being molested. As far as he goes, they should have put him in liability and made him buy some Basics to make up the damage, apply for re-entry in to the group and all would have been handled.

Excuuuuuuuse me.

Mimsey
    Last edited by Mimsey Borogrove; 24th December 2011 at 03:34 AM.

7. Likes I told you I was trouble, Bill liked this post

The "church" is more concerned with it's public image than the welfare of any individual in the group.

There is a very long history of covering up child sex abuse and children will continue to be sexually abused as long as the "church" exists.

That is the way it has been, the way it is, and, the way it will continue to be.

Why? Scientology considers itself far far above any law.

" Insist on yourself ; never imitate ".
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Nothing is as at last scared but the integrity of your own mind "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

9. Thanks I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lohan2008's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Jan Eastgate

Recital of Blessing on auspicious Occasions

11. Thanks Ogsonofgroo, Miss Pert says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: Jan Eastgate

Quote Originally Posted by Lohan2008 View Post
    Jan Eastgate (aka Janice Meyer) the international president of the Scientology front-group CCHR 'Citizen's Commission for Human Rights' has been charged with the criminal offence of 'pervert the course of justice' for (allegedly) coaching a minor to lie to the police about a sexual assault.

If you are searching the above site for hearing details, use the name 'JANICE MEYER', location 'DOWNING CENTRE' and search after the 4th January as only 2 weeks hence are listed.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

13. Thanks jenni with an eye, Happy Days says "thank you" for this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jump View Post
    If you are searching the above site for hearing details, use the name 'JANICE MEYER', location 'DOWNING CENTRE' and search after the 4th January as only 2 weeks hence are listed.
    I can't find it at http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search. Using the search terms "JANICE" and "All weeks" brings up 14 results up to and including 18 January, but no Meyer or Eastgate. "JAN" gives 310 results through Jan 18, including Downing Centre, but no cigar either for 17 January. "EASTGATE" gives nothing, and "MEYER" gives 5 not applicables. The search term is not case sensitive.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    I can't find it at http://searchcourtlists.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/scm/search. Using the search terms "JANICE" and "All weeks" brings up 14 results up to and including 18 January, but no Meyer or Eastgate. "JAN" gives 310 results through Jan 18, including Downing Centre, but no cigar either for 17 January. "EASTGATE" gives nothing, and "MEYER" gives 5 not applicables. The search term is not case sensitive.

Paul
    I also couldn't see the listing on various search criteria. Hopefully someone will enlighten us.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war,
    then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

Gold Meritorious Patron Lohan2008's Avatar

Arrow Re: Jan Eastgate

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jump View Post
    I also couldn't see the listing on various search criteria. Hopefully someone will enlighten us.
    > Try again on Monday as people are still on holidays. Janice Meyer is the correct name.
    Recital of Blessing on auspicious Occasions

17. Thanks Jump says "thank you" for this post
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast