Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Silver Meritorious Patron jenni with an eye's Avatar

Cool Re: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

yummy...can't wait
    "You know, sometimes you just need time to sit out on the back step with a Milk Arrowroot biscuit".

- Purple Rain.

Free to be me.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=13822
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=22130

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Default Re: Jan Eastgate arrested! - Today Tonight exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    oooh, delicious . . .

. . . snaffled from WWP.
    THANKYOU!
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

POSTGAME REPORT - JANICE MEYER MENTION - SYDNEY DOWNING CENTRE 2012/02/07

Anonymous was on the scene early chilling with Bryan Seymour (ABC's Steve Cannane was also present) and waiting for Jan Eastgate. Alas the planned enturbulation was not to be. After a couple of hours (11:12AM to be precise) the case was heard without Jan in attendance.

Jan was represented by some guy (name?) with a thick 2" binder, another guy sat behind him with another 2" binder on Jan ("Correspondence and Attendances"). It was quickly revealed that Jan Eastgate had NOT been excused from attendance, they had tried to have her removed but it failed. However despite this there was no Jan, it was revealed she is still on bail in the USA!

Sadly the magistrate did not seem to take much offence to this, unless I am mistaken there should be some sort of large fine for her non-appearance.

Moving on from this the DPP (Coyle?) revealed an additional charge was laid against Jan THIS MORNING. In addition there is to be an amendment to Charge No. 1.

It was also revealed there had been delays with getting witnesses, in particular there are two witnesses who are suppose to be part of the Brief who have NOT BEEN LOCATED.

Jan's defence declined to enter a plea. They apparently have some uncertainty about the the Brief and the charges and evidence contained within. There was much talk about the 'Section 91', I do not understand what this is but it appears to unfinished/incomplete in the Brief (?). The Crown was tired of the constant delays with this and suggested the DPP and Defence sit down that very day to sort of what is happening with the Brief and amend the Section 91 to completion. I believe it is to be finished by Thursday so a hearing can be locked in.

So, all in all, progress is happening. It appears Scientology has tried to slow things down as much as they can with endless Section 91 timetables, but it appears it will be finished soon (today?). As noted Jan was NOT present and we are hoping there will be punishment for this. Only one Scientologist (OSA) was spotted in attendance.

We expect to hear the details of the second charge and other info soon.

Edit: I think this is the OSA guy on the right, anyone got an ID?

Last edited by Zhent; 7th February 2012 at 05:38 AM.

4. Thanks supafreak, TG1, Infinite, Kutta, Kookaburra and 8 others says "thank you" for this post

Of course we couldn't go past Downing Centre without having a look at Sydney's Ideal Org!

Or lack there of... 201 Castlereagh St is falling apart, it is in a terrible decrepit state.

Note: Someone has plastered a Marxism poster on the building, LOL

And what on earth is going on inside? This is a homeless shelter not a renovation!

Last edited by Zhent; 7th February 2012 at 05:42 AM.

6. Thanks supafreak, freethinker, Free to shine says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Purple Rain, Infinite liked this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

The total arrogance of her not turning up! I hope she gets a HUGE fine.
    My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

8. Likes supafreak, Purple Rain, freethinker liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lohan2008's Avatar

Post Section 91

the DPP and your solicitor will discuss the grounds for the granting of a committal hearing and try and reach agreement as to which witnesses are to be cross examined and about what. If the DPP consent the Magistrate must order that the witnesses attend to be cross examined. If the DPP do not agree, then it will be necessary for your solicitor to argue why the court should order that witnesses attend a committal hearing to be cross examined.

What Must Be Proved to Cross-Examine Witnesses

Section 91 of the Criminal Procedure Act sets out the test for the Magistrate to consider. The Magistrate may only order that a witness be cross-examined if there are substantial reasons why, in the interests of justice, the witness should attend to give oral evidence.
    Recital of Blessing on auspicious Occasions

10. Thanks freethinker says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lohan2008's Avatar

Arrow Bond

If I remeber right it was a small bond because Jan Eastgate has family in Australia.

I am confused...
    How can her defence be challenging witnesses if Jan is suppose to be in court.
    The Aus Federal Police were suppose to pick her up or at least JE was to be in custody.

Recital of Blessing on auspicious Occasions

12. Thanks freethinker says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron scooter's Avatar

Looks like Glen Hunter with Mike Gordon - yes he's OSA.

Last seen together when we raided Dundas
    Paul David Schofield
    "Scooter" to his friends

-----
    If he has no friends and everyone's against him
    If he's failed in everything that he has tried
    Try to lift his load, help to bear his burden
    Let him know that you are walking by his side
    And if he feels that all is lost and he is fallen
    Try to place that poor man's feet on solid ground
    Just remember he's some mother's precious darlin'
    Always lift him up and never knock him down

Blind Alfred Reed

-----

14. Thanks TG1, Zhent, freethinker says "thank you" for this post
    Likes freethinker liked this post
    Trust the Psi Corps. Royal Prince Xenu's Avatar

Default Total F***ing Contempt!

Quote Originally Posted by Lohan2008 View Post
    If I remeber right it was a small bond because Jan Eastgate has family in Australia.

I am confused...
    How can her defence be challenging witnesses if Jan is suppose to be in court.
    The Aus Federal Police were suppose to pick her up or at least JE was to be in custody.

I knew (and said) as soon as Jan's passport was returned that things would go downhill. This will be stretched out into an Extradition Hearing in the hope that the Aussies will give up. I put money on Jan taking up u.s. "citizenship" very quickly indeed--or she'll be moved to another country again.
    "During the chaos of the Eugenics Wars, cultists infiltrated NASA and substituted their own LRH Golden Discs for the official 'Sounds of Earth' records that were to be launched in the Voyager 6 mission. / Hilarity ensued." Gene Roddenberry

SIC GORGIAMUS ALLOS SUBJECTATOS NUNC

Banned

Default Re: Total F***ing Contempt!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Prince Xenu View Post
    I knew (and said) as soon as Jan's passport was returned that things would go downhill. This will be stretched out into an Extradition Hearing in the hope that the Aussies will give up. I put money on Jan taking up u.s. "citizenship" very quickly indeed--or she'll be moved to another country again.
    ^^^^ This. Jan Eastgate will never be seen in Aussie again.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast