Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Marty: The Scientology Reformation

Patron with Honors

Default Marty: The Scientology Reformation

The Scientology Reformation
    http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/201...y-reformation/
    The Scientology Reformation

Posted on September 15, 2011 by martyrathbun09| 4 Comments

Tony Ortega at the Village Voice recently posted an article on a new book, A History of a New Religion by Hugh B. Urban. I recommend the article, and when I receive and read the book Iíll probably recommend it too based on Tonyís review.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin..._an_i.php#more

I think it is significant that the two latest books on the subject of Scientology by outsiders, both journalistic and scholarly, fully acknowledge the Scientology Reformation.

I also think it is significant that Urban acknowledged what I have repeated from the beginning of the Reformation; that is, that the more Miscavige focuses on me and my friends the less heat will be dished to others. And the result here, and I believe with Reitman too, is that Scientology is receiving the most fair and mature treatment by outsiders it has received in its history. In no small measure due to Miscavige being too pre-occupied to turn everyone investigating the subject into an enemy of Scientology.

Very well done to everyone who has stood up and stepped up.

And a special thanks to Chuck Beatty who has spent considerable time educating scholars on the bigger picture over the past several years.

I reckon we ought to carry on.

2. Thanks scooter, Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Auditor's Toad liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Marty: The Scientology Reformation

Thus sayeth the unreformed reformer.
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park

4. Thanks Vittorio, dianaclass8, Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron SpecialFrog's Avatar

I'm not sure Marty will like that book as much as he thinks he will.

There's nothing about Independent Scientology or reform in it and almost nothing about Rathbun other than his role in the IRS stuff and the CNN interview.

6. Thanks freethinker, Vittorio, Smilla, Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Blog Entries

Marty should consider the progress of the Reformation in Christianity.

In the Middle Ages the old Catholic (universal) church, still dragging clouds of glory from its pagan past, was still brain-washing the faithful, screwing their last mites out of widows and orphans, living on the fat of the land and corrupt down to its toenails.

Along come the Reformers who believed that if men could only read the Bible in their own language it would set them free. These Reformers were still Christians. Indeed, such as Wyclif and Luther were still Catholic priests, albeit working outside the organisation which banned them to Hell and back. In other words they were INDIES.

A relatively short time later, what do we find? Not yet in the United States where freedom to practice one's religion has historical roots that are very similar to those that support the right to carry guns. But in Europe, people read the Book now so kindly translated into their own language, and eventually most of them realised it was a bad translation of something totally irrelevant. And gave up on the whole thing and went their way rejoicing.

Change happens a lot faster these days. Marty should realise that Reformers are liable to get Reformed.

8. Thanks Smilla, Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post

Default BESMIRCHING OF L. RON HUBBARD'S GOOD NAME IS DISCOURAGED BY MAINSTREAM SCHOLARS

Marty's doing his best to prove that Hubbard was right when he called human beings Homo Saps.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

10. Thanks Smilla, Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Smilla, Auditor's Toad, Freeminds liked this post
    Blog Entries

There is no Scientology Reformation. It's just a PR line. Same as there's no reform of Marty. Marty's reform would begin when he helps Gerry and Keith.
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park

12. Thanks Auditor's Toad says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: BESMIRCHING OF L. RON HUBBARD'S GOOD NAME IS DISCOURAGED BY MAINSTREAM SCHOLARS

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Marty's doing his best to prove that Hubbard was right when he called human beings Homo Saps.
    Yes, Marty a-la-Hubbard is going to try to capture the world and "slam his name into history"

Meanwhile, DM feels like he owned the world that Marty is trying to steal.

DM, with at least a billion dollars in backing, all of OSA, hordes of PI's, and busloads of "volunteers" ( aka Aussie SO Staff ) and a history of violence sends in.....get ready for it............. .............a paddleboat & an electric golf cart....

Nah, nothing rotten smelling there is there?

" Insist on yourself ; never imitate ".
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Nothing is as at last scared but the integrity of your own mind "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

14. Thanks Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Fly-on-the-Wall, Smilla liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
    There is no Scientology Reformation. It's just a PR line. Same as there's no reform of Marty. Marty's reform would begin when he helps Gerry and Keith.
    Nah, I'll take hell freezing over first over a step towards "reform" by Marty.

" Insist on yourself ; never imitate ".
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Nothing is as at last scared but the integrity of your own mind "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

16. Thanks Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Smilla liked this post

Default Re: BESMIRCHING OF L. RON HUBBARD'S GOOD NAME IS DISCOURAGED BY MAINSTREAM SCHOLARS

(my emphasis)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auditor's Toad View Post
    Yes, Marty a-la-Hubbard is going to try to capture the world and "slam his name into history"

Meanwhile, DM feels like he owned the world that Marty is trying to steal.

DM, with at least a billion dollars in backing, all of OSA, hordes of PI's, and busloads of "volunteers" ( aka Aussie SO Staff ) and a history of violence sends in.....get ready for it............. .............a paddleboat & an electric golf cart....

Nah, nothing rotten smelling there is there?
    The best things in life are free.
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull. (W. C. Fields)
    If Scientology is a Triumph of the Will... then ESMB is a Triumph of the Won't. (HelluvaHoax)
    The most effective 'Tech' is 'Let Scientology Be Scientology (in front of witnesses)' (Zinjifar)
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. (Unknown)

Disclaimer: I've never been in Scientology or in any other cult; I'm just a critic.

Gold Meritorious Patron afaceinthecrowd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
    Thus sayeth the unreformed reformer.
    And Marty, The Deliverer cast his eyes about the World and saideth unto the Flock, “See, I am right and righteous. Excalibur has been wrested from the stone and shall striketh down the Pretender to the Magik Boots in the Sky.”

And the Flocking Minions chanted, “Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!! Hip, Hip, H-o-o-r-a-y!!!!!!”

And so it came to pass that the Punks, SP’s and PTS’s--the Haters--that spaketh venemous and vile utterances for decades were marginalized and the Sole Psychotic Evil Doer was put to the sword and, thusly, The Words and Legacy of Source was saved by the Rath of Rathbun and his Posse.

And verily from Target II El Ron Elray looked on and saw that it was good.
    Last edited by afaceinthecrowd; 16th September 2011 at 08:26 PM.
    Living is a Metaphor of Life

19. Thanks Jachs, Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Emma, anonomog, scooter, SpecialFrog, Petey C and 1 others liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast