Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PaulsRobot3

Default Re: PaulsRobot3

On this first try I didn't keep session notes. But if I do in the future than I'll happily submit them.

Funny enough I was with a friend today, and he was talking about anxiety & nervousness on the subject of being in school again now that the semester is starting up. I sat him in front of his laptop, briefly explained a bit to him (sharing my own win), and had him run the R&Y 6-dir process on that feeling. After about 45 minutes he discharged all the negative mental energy on those feelings he was having. He cognited that he could handle his course work if he didn't waste any time or attention on limiting beliefs.
    He said it was a new experience for him although a bit unconventional. He was GIs and up on the tone scale - saying his anxiety had gone from a 6.5 to a zero!

Thanks for the wins with your program, Paul!

Which of your processes do you think could be run solo on an auto meter? I have a Theta Meter and it's fully digital and automatic. Hands free metering. Now obviously Rub & Yawn isn't feasible because there would be too many body reads (even with solo cans). Although admittedly I am more interested in watching the Tone Arm and seeing what the TAA is at the end of session. That sort of thing. Just thinking aloud.

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Indiescio View Post
    On this first try I didn't keep session notes. But if I do in the future than I'll happily submit them.

Funny enough I was with a friend today, and he was talking about anxiety & nervousness on the subject of being in school again now that the semester is starting up. I sat him in front of his laptop, briefly explained a bit to him (sharing my own win), and had him run the R&Y 6-dir process on that feeling. After about 45 minutes he discharged all the negative mental energy on those feelings he was having. He cognited that he could handle his course work if he didn't waste any time or attention on limiting beliefs.
    He said it was a new experience for him although a bit unconventional. He was GIs and up on the tone scale - saying his anxiety had gone from a 6.5 to a zero!

Which of your processes do you think could be run solo on an auto meter? I have a Theta Meter and it's fully digital and automatic. Hands free metering. Now obviously Rub & Yawn isn't feasible because there would be too many body reads (even with solo cans). Although admittedly I am more interested in watching the Tone Arm and seeing what the TAA is at the end of session. That sort of thing. Just thinking aloud.
    http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

-Dalai Lama

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indiescio View Post
    Great!

Good stuff.

Hmmm. All my stuff is intended to be used without a meter. That is not a "second best" decision. I think it works better without a meter, even a thetameter (I have one, as well as a C-meter). Let's look at why. The meter is intended to be used for:

1. Determining by instant read (or tone arm motion) if a subject is charged, and which of alternative items is the most charged.
    2. Determining when to stop a process that has been running well, by flattened TA action, and "cog F/N VGIs" etc.
    3. Measuring the amount of "case gain" by TAA recorded.

If you look at some of the e-meter threads on ESMB, you'll see some of the troubles over meter use. Some examples are taking the meter data in preference to pc data; misreading the meter (missing actual reads and taking up improper reads); throwing away TAA recorded during periods of high gain because of the "body motion" that naturally accompanies such moments! (laughter, moving around, yawning etc); getting interiorized into the meter and not having attention on what you are auditing; and much more.

Cog F/N VGIs isn't an EP of any of my procedures. They mostly depend on locating a charged topic by interest and physical indicators (yawning etc); then running it until there are no more such yawns, sighs etc; then stopping with that topic. Then either end session or go onto another topic as appropriate. I don't use cogs as an indicator of when to end off. Here's my general "Realization" page: http://paulsrobot3.com/common/realization.htm.

This is a video of me doing a (mental) Reach & Withdraw session, first without Rub & Yawn and then with. I'm hooked up to a meter using finger electrodes but I can't see the meter needle/dial while auditing. You might say but seeing the meter is the whole point! But remember that I'm just curious to see what would show in a session, not using the readings as an indicator of what to do next in session.

And here's a "metered" NotTooShabbyPower session, again where I can't see the meter during the session:

The PaulsRobot version in use there has been discontinued. PaulsRobot3 is better.

-----

My real answer to your question is that you can use any of the modules/procedures in their proper form while on a meter as long as it is not visible to you during the session! As soon as you start using needle/TA manifestations as an indication of what to do next in session you are no longer doing one of my procedures but doing something else. I can't stop someone from screwing around with my procedures and in fact suspect that very few people can manage to follow the instructions as written. I wouldn't mind if someone experimented with something different after following the instructions exactly as written for a good while first, but it seems that it tends to just be slop and know-best, and so the person never finds out what the actual module does when one follows the instructions as written. Shame.

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 31st August 2013 at 10:57 AM.
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

New download!

A couple of hours ago someone emailed me to say that the audio didn't work in the PaulsRobot3 RAWRogers module. So I checked and discovered that 22 audio files were missing. Ahem. It wasn't that someone stole them: I had simply omitted to put them there in the first place. So I fixed it. I copied/pasted in the required audio files into the online version, and also updated the zip file for the download version.

I've tweaked a few other pages since 1 August, but I haven't changed the name of the current download file at all. If you haven't updated your download version lately, now is a good time. The link in my signature still works, and it now points to the zip file I uploaded a few minutes ago.

-----

Oh, someone explained to me why the audio won't work with Firefox and Opera. That is because they require HTML5 pages like mine to use ogg vorbis audio files and not mp3s. I tried one of my pages after converting the mp3 to an ogg file and it worked fine in Firefox, Opera and Chrome (still), but not Safari or IE. But I am not going to make up an entire 320 MB version of PaulsRobot3 that works on Firefox: if someone can't be bothered to spend a couple of minutes downloading and installing Chrome, well, so be it.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

6. Thanks aintry says "thank you" for this post

I support this
    http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

-Dalai Lama

One advantage of having an online-only PaulsRobot, as I had with the now-discontinued PaulsRobot2 for a couple of years, is that one can easily see how many people make use of it and for how long. Which was interesting and at times disheartening.

With PaulsRobot3 I pretty easily get to tell how many times it has been downloaded, but I cannot tell how much it gets used once downloaded. And I can't be bothered to try and decipher the complex web analytics provided by my hosting provider to see how much online use it gets for sessions.

Just for the record, here are approximate download numbers for the past year of the 300 MB zip file:

Jan 2014...18
    Dec 2013...60
    Nov..........63
    Oct..........66
    Sep..........93
    Aug..........75
    Jul...........30
    Jun..........18
    May...........9
    Apr............6
    Mar..........36
    Feb..........60

Paul

Patron with Honors

Donít be disheartened, Paul.

I think lots of people use your work without going on your website, for example rub and yawn. Non-scientologists are not used to obeying commands at all times, so they donít take verbal commands that seriously.

It would be amazing if instead of a meter some physiological measurements were taken before and after the session, I donít know Ė some hormones, cortisol, serotonin, dopamine, maybe even insulin. Are there some easy measurement like saliva and litmus paper?

I also think it can have a module designed for weight loss, it would be funny if it works, anyway it should (IMHO) be superior to say Gabrielís Method, which apparently works.

Quote Originally Posted by Alle G View Post
    It would be amazing if instead of a meter some physiological measurements were taken before and after the session, I don’t know – some hormones, cortisol, serotonin, dopamine, maybe even insulin. Are there some easy measurement like saliva and litmus paper?

I also think it can have a module designed for weight loss, it would be funny if it works, anyway it should (IMHO) be superior to say Gabriel’s Method, which apparently works.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised about sessions affecting endorphin levels, but I wouldn't be too interested in experiments to quantify same. In my opinion, the "feeling good" that accompanies discharging something is a mere byproduct of the important action, although it is often a reliable indicator that the important stuff has occurred. It's certainly not the main goal of the session, at least, it shouldn't be. (Although if someone NEVER feels good, never never never never never, then it could be a valuable end in itself.)

-----

Weight loss? Hell no. . Apart from the risks inherent in stepping over the hallowed "medical diagnosis and treatment" line, I don't see that it would be that effective.

Now, one possibly excellent weight loss product is electronic food, created for next to nothing using my mucho cheapo "food replicator." In brief, one transfers the electronic essence (so to speak) of food into water, using a device one can create for a couple of bucks, and it takes maybe ten minutes to effect the transfer. A few drops of this electronic food acts on the body to some extent like having taken the food. At least, it did with me. So instead of eating a cheese omelette for lunch, you have the electronic version and don't feel hungry all afternoon. It's unlikely that one gets the same nutritional benefit, but it's a relatively painless way of eating less.

Paul

11. Thanks Alle G says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! Alle G laughed at this post

I've just uploaded a new PaulsRobot3 zip file dated 2014-02-02, link in my signature. There are no major changes, no new modules, but some more typo corrections and updates.

Paul

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast