Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PaulsRobot3

Silver Meritorious Patron

Default Re: PaulsRobot3

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    Thanks for the additional info.

That was the worst string band I ever heard. It reminded me of me in high school.
    Is that from 1972? But it couldn't be they didn't even have video.

It reminded me of Dan Akyroid "really bad theater" from Saturday Noght Live

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reasonable View Post
    That was the worst string band I ever heard. It reminded me of me in high school.
    I agree.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

The new SpotAnAngel is now available from the downloads page at PaulsRobot3. It's 40 MB.

By all means take a peek online, but if you want to run it properly do download it, as there are likely to be severe latency issues with the audio. Some of the command mp3s run to 250KB.

As usual, my suggestion re the download is to download the latest "All to date" zip file and overwrite whatever you had before. It's about 100 MB now. I am continually making small adjustments here and there to previous modules, and occasionally adding new pages like FAQ2 and the RTFM quiz to the basic 1st folder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SpotAnAngel-example.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	193.2 KB 
ID:	4706

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

NotTooShabbyPower is now part of PaulsRobot3. The zip file is 18 MB. I have updated the AllToDate zip file too and it now runs to about 120MB. You can get them from the PaulsRobot3 downloads page.

NotTooShabbyPower contains the 14 Rising Scale pairs and another 64 pairs besides. The idea is to alternately get the idea of the low-scale item and then "shift that idea as high as you can" towards the high-scale item. It works far better if you spend a few minutes grooving them in first, i.e. working out real-life examples of how the item pair applies to your own life. After a while, assuming the items discharge, it tends to become impossible to get an idea of the low-scale item any more. This phenomenon has been called "merging of polarities," although what that exactly means I don't know.

Some example pairs are:

Rising Scale: Survives/Dead, Right/Wrong, Win/Lose
    Full list: Infinite energy/No energy, Brilliant/Dull, Laid back/Uptight.

-----

The next module is called "Rog" and should be out in a week or so.

Paul

5. Thanks FoTi says "thank you" for this post

Just went into your site. Hand't checked it in a while. My God you're dedicated.
    " In this universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link"___Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    Just went into your site. Hand't checked it in a while. My God you're dedicated.
    Clearing the planet single-handed is hard work!

Paul

8. Thanks Hatshepsut says "thank you" for this post
    Likes FoTi liked this post
    LOL! Bluebell laughed at this post

Rog is now online at PaulsRobot3.

The module itself is available for download from the usual downloads page, and the latest "All to Date" zip file should be available in an hour or so. It is currently uploading at the vast speed of about 20 KB/S, and since it's 120 MB it will take a while. Fortunately most downloads are much faster than that.

What is Rog? Rogerian Therapy is a regular counselling modality, imported into PaulsRobot3 from its sister RoboCounsellor site. This client-Robot version is designed to hew as closely as possible to the client-practitioner original, although obviously a few changes needed to be made to fit it into the PaulsRobot paradigm.

Rogerian Therapy is a basic talk therapy. The client gets to talk about her topic while the practitioner listens attentively, then the practitioner reflects back the essence of what the client has just said, both the factual content and the emotional.

This procedure is most effective for heavier topics, and not for routine annoyances. This Rog module is one of two ways of addressing the heaviest topics. The other way is to gently address the topic with Reach & Withdraw, as available in the Core or HeavyDuty modules.

Rogerian therapy is very simple. The basic attitude of the counsellor to the client as described in Carl Rogers' three core conditions (genuineness, unconditional acceptance, empathy) is central to many other counselling approaches. Of course a computer application is not human. However, somewhat surprisingly, these core conditions do have their counterparts in robocounselling.

Genuineness is the quality of the counsellor being real, transparent, and not trying to hide any of his personal thoughts or feelings from the client. The client expects (and gets) no personal reaction at all to her from Rog, good or bad, whatever she says or however she acts.

Unconditional acceptance
    Similarly, the client cannot possibly pick up any criticism or hint of disapproval or lack of acceptance, as Rog is not a human being and the responses will always be neutral in tone.

Empathy
    Lastly, of course Rog cannot feel with the client and see life from her internal frame of reference. However, the main reason for this empathy in a conventional session is so that the counsellor can reflect back the client's topic, in summarised form, both as to factual content and emotional content. And in this way the client is given perhaps a different view on her topic, and from this is able to see it more clearly.

If the client follows the procedure used in this module properly, she will continually get to review the details of her topic afresh, accomplishing the same goal.

Summary
    There are obviously many aspects of human counselling missing from this automated approach. But there are many advantages too, including cost and convenience. Overall, Rog is really not bad at all, and much better at the job than you might at first think.

-----

Next will be something completely different. Not sure when. But it will interesting.

Paul

Thanks. I tried to download the module last year and I must've unzipped it wrong. It started to hang and I aborted my attempt to take it from the desktop to the drive. I am a little nervous about such things.
    " In this universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link"___Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    Thanks. I tried to download the module last year and I must've unzipped it wrong. It started to hang and I aborted my attempt to take it from the desktop to the drive. I am a little nervous about such things.
    Try again.

There are no executable programs in those zip files, but only regular web pages, some images, mp3 audio files, a few text files, and a spreadsheet showing all the files in normal Excel and OpenOffice format.

Best is to download the latest (3/18) "All to Date" one, which contains everything up to yesterday in one zip file (120 MB). It is an exact copy of the online PaulsRobot3 site as of last night.

Paul

Ok.... will try again when I get back to my desktop. Thanks Paul.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast