Page 1 of 157 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratitude ~ The Thread

Red face Gratitude ~ The Thread

Gratitude is an important part of my Spiritual practice.

As a discipline and practice, it also has helped to keep me going when times in my life were really tough...
    so I decided to start a thread here where folks can share what they are grateful for, share their good news about how things are going right in their lives, and/or share inspirational quotes, pictures, music and vids to help to encourage others along the way.

Please feel free to share and contribute something to this thread. All of us have much to be grateful for, even in the midst of great difficulties. It helps us to endure when we can remember and savor those things in life which we are grateful for...and we all need encouragement from time to time!

My Dad used to say..."keep your eye on the doughnut, and not on the hole"! I've embraced that philosophy to very great benefit in my life, and I would wish the same for you!

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." ~From the Bible, King James Version, Philippians 4:8

So I'm going to start it off with this great short film and TED talk by Louie Schwartzberg entitled Gratitude. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Oh, and I'm VERY GRATEFUL for ESMB and all the healing that is happening here, for all the friends I've made on the board, and I'm especially grateful for THE SMILIES!!!

(Can't you tell?)
    Last edited by SweetnessandLight; 26th November 2011 at 04:19 AM.
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Default Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

Thankyou Sweetness, I am also a great believer in gratitude. Once I fully grasped what it was about, being grateful changed my life and I have written of it before. Some days it came down to being grateful for the most simple things, like a cool breeze or the beauty of a flower.....I struggled to find some light in the darkness and it was always there. And then you come out of the dark times and can be truly grateful for being able to do that.

I am in a good place right now, my surgery is behind me, I am safely and comfortably housed and I am gratefully learning the art of relaxation! Thankyou to the wonderful friends, most of whom I will never meet in person, who helped get me here.

My Story - Becoming Free to Shine
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR: "I wasn't aware that a documentary (on scientology) was coming out but I'll be sure to not watch it." A Scientologist

Patron with Honors

Nice Thread. Powerful Idea. Beautiful Communication. (Thanks S&L).

‘Our’ collective-intellectual (& intuitive-consensus), is that ‘gratitude’ itself, is one of the most powerful spiritual forces that has ever existed, in any given soul, in any given world, at any given time.

And other than that....its mostly useless. (smile)

Apocalyptic

Quote Originally Posted by SweetnessandLight View Post
    Gratitude is an important part of my Spiritual practice.

As a discipline and practice, it also has helped to keep me going when times in my life were really tough...so I decided to start a thread here where folks can share what they are grateful for, share their good news about how things are going right in their lives, and/or share inspirational quotes, pictures, music and vids to help to encourage others along the way.

Please feel free to share and contribute something to this thread. All of us have much to be grateful for, even in the midst of great difficulties. It helps us to endure when we can remember and savor those things in life which we are grateful for...and we all need encouragement from time to time!

My Dad used to say..."keep your eye on the doughnut, and not on the hole"! I've embraced that philosophy to very great benefit in my life, and I would wish the same for you!

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." ~From the Bible, King James Version, Philippians 4:8

So I'm going to start it off with this great short film and TED talk by Louie Schwartzberg entitled Gratitude. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Oh, and I'm VERY GRATEFUL for ESMB and all the healing that is happening here, for all the friends I've made on the board, and I'm especially grateful for THE SMILIES!!!

(Can't you tell?)
    Last edited by apocalyptic; 26th November 2011 at 03:49 AM.

4. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by apocalyptic View Post
    "‘Our’ collective-intellectual (& intuitive) consensus, is that ‘gratitude’ itself, is one of the most powerful spiritual forces that has ever existed........"
    I concur.

6. Thanks Free Being Me, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Type4_PTS View Post
    I concur.
    Gracious.

Apoc

8. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

I do like a lot when people talk about gratitude.

Practicing gratitude is the opening door to
    joy - resiliency - love - kindness and hope

When I feel the gratitude within me -
    I touch the infinity
    as everything is fine

When I have the worst moments of suffering in any manner
    I try to say thanks
    as I know it will end soon

When I have joyfull and happymoments
    I say ''thank's''
    As I know it will end soon

Gardenning is a way I found to touch the space of gratitufde within our heart
    Each blooming is like a god's gift
    like each smile is a gift

Good post idea
    Last edited by lotus; 26th November 2011 at 04:23 AM.

Red face Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

Thank you everyone, for all the good thoughts and comments so far!

Lotus, what you said rang a bell with me, and reminded me of the words to this poem that I love, which was also put to music and was sung as a hymn by a young Sweetness as she was growing up!

~A Grateful Heart~

A grateful heart a garden is,
    Where there is always room
    For every lovely, Godlike grace
    To come to perfect bloom.

A grateful heart a fortress is,
    A staunch and rugged tower,
    Where God's omnipotence, revealed,
    Girds man with mighty power.

A grateful heart a temple is,
    A shrine so pure and white,
    Where angels of His presence keep
    Calm watch by day or night.

Grant then, dear Father-Mother, God,
    Whatever else befall,
    This largess of a grateful heart
    That loves and blesses all.

by Ethel Wasgatt Dennis

Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

I love roses, and I'm also grateful that I live in a part of the world where roses will still bloom in my garden during the winter!

It's beautifull and true

It resonate what I've learn as within us
    is a garden
    and we decide what we water
    to grow the crop we want

This is lovely, both visually and in thought:

"Celebrate What's Right with the World"

http://www.rumormillnews.com/celebrate.html
    Last edited by SweetnessandLight; 27th November 2011 at 04:01 PM.

Page 1 of 157 1234567891011 ... LastLast