Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gratitude ~ The Thread

Default Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

When you see yourself in other peoples faces... and see them in yours, then your selfish concerns have no reason left to exist.

That came into my mind at the end of that video on gratitude.

Maybe it's cheesy, maybe it's not, but it's what I was left with.

Great Thread Sweetnesss!

2. Thanks Free Being Me, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Red face Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

Beautiful, just beautiful!!! I love everything that you all have said!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Take a all you beautiful big beings!!!
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

4. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me liked this post

Smile Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

Boojum, this one's for you and Dave Ramsey! Thanks!

Last edited by SweetnessandLight; 5th December 2011 at 06:48 AM.
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

6. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me liked this post

I wouldlike to add one thing Sweet to this subject of gratitude

When being a scamologist, as any scamologist, I have been pushed to disconnect from my family as they had been informed, from a very reliable source, of the abuses of the CO$ so they worried about my involvment

I refused to disconnect
    because my parents gave me the gift of life

But I let them put in my mind a doubt that I had good parents

Now that I try to practice gratitude for long years - and that my parents are preparing to leave this world

I am gratefull that they have gave me life, made me who I am with the tools my mother taught me.

I had a bit of repair to do, because I once wrote a letter to them saying they did bad and later I was ashamed. But we repaired all this

If a lurker is requested to ''out'' his family or disconnect from his parents -or consider them as suppressive and degraded
    it's really a huge violation of life natural laws wich are to respect and have gratitude for people who gave us life.
    Then depending of how they are helpfull or harmfull we can choose to keep a distance but still hold gratitude for they gave life.

Our parents are only guilty of being worried for your futur life in a cult of abuse.
    Last edited by lotus; 27th November 2011 at 05:09 AM.

8. Thanks Free Being Me, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Lotus, what you shared about your parents is very powerful. I hope that all the lurkers and others will listen to your good advice. I would add for everyone reading here, if you have disconnected from someone in the past, make an effort to reach out to that person, even if only in your thoughts, with gratitude for their friendship, or for the good that once was there in that relationship. We can heal and redeem the past in many ways. It's never too late to try. Thank you Lotus! Namaste!
    Last edited by SweetnessandLight; 27th November 2011 at 06:24 AM.

10. Thanks Free Being Me, lotus says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, lotus liked this post

Talking Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

According to this Doctor, practicing gratitude is good for your health!

From: http://blog.seattlepi.com/naturalmed...e-doctor-says/

The Key to Wellness? It’s Gratitude, One Doctor Says

The most basic key to wellness isn’t a drug, an exercise regimen or a particular diet, says natural medicine author Michael T. Murray, ND. He’s become convinced that cultivating a spirit of gratitude is the foundational secret to health.

His discovery was sparked by reading a Sports Illustrated article about St. Louis Cardinals slugger Stan Musial.

“He was one of the most beloved baseball players of all time,” says Dr. Murray. “He made it a point in his life to make every fan feel appreciated, to let them know he appreciated them.

“That got me thinking about the people I know with health, happiness and longevity (which is a polite way of saying they’re old). They all had the common characteristic of being able to express appreciation and gratitude in their life.”

Murray is the author of several books on health, the president and CEO of Dr. Murray Natural Living and an alumni of Bastyr University, where he was a longtime board and faculty member. He grew curious about the relationship between gratitude and health — and he found a trove of evidence connecting the two.

Studies show that gratitude corresponds with living longer and with lower levels of depression and other diseases. “I couldn’t believe how much research there was,” Dr. Murray says. “It’s the most important human trait for our ability to live long, healthfully and with a high degree of happiness.”

Gratitude doesn’t depend on having everything just right in life, but it requires a consistent practice to train oneself, Dr. Murray says. One study found that writing a letter of appreciation to someone and delivering it by hand was a powerful way for depressed people to improve their mood, in both the short- and long-term. Other research has documented the benefits of journaling about thankfulness.

Neurological studies have found that “training” oneself to look for positives increases the mind’s ability to experience satisfaction and joy, says Dr. Murray. He says he’s been influenced by Martin Seligman, a proponent of “positive psychology,” which encourages patients to focus on sources of gladness rather than pain.

Gratitude might seem like the domain of spirituality or religion, not medicine. But doctors who understand mind, body and spirit as connected should consider the potential of gratitude in helping patients seek health, Dr. Murray says.

“There’s a reason that the practice of giving thanks became so common in the world’s religions,” he says. “When you do it, it opens the door to finding more and more to be thankful for.”

Well, I'm already a believer but if I wasn't this would do it for me! Give it a try folks, Practice gratitude!

12. Thanks Free Being Me says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, lotus liked this post

Smile Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

This is just lovely...

Wink Re: Gratitude ~ The Thread

And this is just funny!!!

15. Likes Free Being Me liked this post

17. Likes Free Being Me liked this post

Alonzo introduced me to this one, ages ago...

Here's Matt and a few of his new friends doing the gratitude dance all over the world.

I defy you to watch this all the way through and not feel some warm fuzzies creeping into your heart!

19. Thanks onthepes says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free Being Me, onthepes liked this post
Page 3 of 157 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast