Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Please Help. Need to get back my pc folders back.

Default Please Help. Need to get back my pc folders back.

Hi, I am new to the board. I am an ex scientologist (over 25 years although I was never in the SO). I don't have much knowledge of how the internal matters work inside the church. I have recently had my last straw with scientology and want to disconnect from the church. There is just one problem - they have my pc folders and I want them back as I dont want them having my personal data and they have no right to keep them. I have not yet asked for them back because I'm not ready to make it known that I want nothing to do with the church - At least not untill I get my folders back. So my question is, if I walk in the church and ask for them back, will they give them back or how does this work? And how do I know that they will give all my personal files back? And is there a seperate ethics folder or do they stack that one into the pc folder? What are my legal rights on this? I don't recall sighning any papers stating that they are entitled to keep these folders (unless that one slipped through the bunches). I am also afraid that they have or will make copies of my files
    It would mean a lot if someone could help me on this matter.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Please Help. Need to get back my pc folders back.

It depends where you are. Different countries have different laws.

Welcome to ESMB.
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What country are you in? Data protection laws are different country to country. It is possible they are within their rights to not hand them over. Also remember it violates Hubbard's rules to have a pc read his own folders, which some staffers might think makes a stronger case for not turning them over to you.

As for being assured that they won't make copies, well, if they want to they will and will lie about it if they need to, like if it violates the law or something. If they have no reason to make copies then they won't bother.

The very best thing is to not give a rat's ass what happens to them.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

4. Thanks Lohan2008, Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post

The very best thing is to not give a rat's ass what happens to them.

Paul
    "Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park

Thank you. I've been reading a lot of the threads on on this board, the past days. They are really helping me a lot and given me a lot of reassurance with the feelings I've been dealing with lately towards Scientology and it's orgs. It's only quite recent that I have come to realise how damaging Scientology is and has been to many ex scientologists (Unfortunately a bit late but better late than never).
    As for which country I am in: Denmark.
    I really dread the thought of going to the org and asking for them. At this point I don't want to see any scientologists. I know it will also be unpleasant for me to walk into the org and ask for my folders back.I can hardly be bothered with their robotic glaring look and more treatment of 'you are a supressive person'. But I will do what ever it takes to get these folders back because these are my rights. I just don't have enough information on how this works. So I want to atleast be prepared for what I should expect.

7. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Also remember it violates Hubbard's rules to have a pc read his own folders, which some staffers might think makes a stronger case for not turning them over to you.

Oh, and as for the above, I'm well aware of that which is why I'm questioning my possibilities of getting my folders back. I don't want the rest of the org reading my personal date. I've seen personal date being misused and even spread as rumours which I find disgusting. I don't trust these guys one bit.

so...

"there's something rotten in denmark" eh?

welcome to the board fellow traveler

25 years was it? there's probably several people you knew here

good luck with your folders but you probably won't get them back

you probably shouldn't worry. they won't bother with them unless you make yourself a problem to them. with the internet and so many exscientologists these days i'm sure they are hardpressed to concentrate on even the most vocal and visible
    I didn't drink the KoolAid but I sure did drink the wine
    I wasn't on the spot but I sure did walk the line
    You know I saw her coming but I didn't hear her go
    'Cuz she said goodbye to me years before she said hello

http://cmdrbirdsong.org

http://churchofamericanscience.org/

10. Likes Jquepublic liked this post

The best bet is to subpeona them through an attorney. All medical records (and pc folders would apply here) belong to the patient. This applies to therapy records as well, although people aren't interested in seeing them unless a law suit occurs. I'd find an atty who specializes in working with ex-Scn. clients....

12. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes asteroid, Voltaire's Child liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Petey C's Avatar

You might also want to check your country's privacy legislation. Under these laws organisations are compelled to return to you any confidential or private information -- as well as maintain a number of policies and practices to guarantee the security of your information.

In my experience, CoS violates most of the Australian standards regarding privacy and confidentiality but I don't know what the situation is in Denmark.

It may be best for you to get some legal help, as Flourish suggested.

14. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Free to shine liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Birdsong View Post
    so...

"there's something rotten in denmark" eh?

welcome to the board fellow traveler

25 years was it? there's probably several people you knew here

good luck with your folders but you probably won't get them back

you probably shouldn't worry. they won't bother with them unless you make yourself a problem to them. with the internet and so many exscientologists these days i'm sure they are hardpressed to concentrate on even the most vocal and visible
    It's been rotten for a while. But I'm through with it. I want my dignity and my freedom of speach back. It's been more than 25 years and enough 'incidents' to cover a book. I know that there's a very good chance that OSA would see this thread so I want to keep myself anonymous. I know too well how they operate even if I have never joined the Sea Org.
    I'm really surprised on how many ex scientologists there are out there, much more than I thought. Do you know of many ex scientologists in Denmark that have left the church?
    I will do what it takes to get my folders back. I don't like the idea that a bunch of incompetent 8 graders drop outs have the privillige of looking into my files. I simply dont trust them and Im very unconfertable with the idea of them having these files. I've got nothing to hide but these are very personal and intimate data that they have which ofcourse you are familiar with.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast