Thread: OMG wtf stfu pwd3d

Gold Meritorious Patron Lohan2008's Avatar

Talking OMG wtf stfu pwd3d

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...n-serious-show

Viewers of a Norwegian current affairs program were laughing out loud when an eye chart full of social media slang was displayed during a story about optical treatment for senior citizens.

The chart, prominently shown behind the NRK news readers, included popular online acronyms such as 'WTF', 'OMG' and 'STFU' amongst other randomly placed letters.

Newsroom editor Solveig Tvedt said neither she nor the “Dagsrevyen” (The Daily Review) team properly scrutinised the image before it went to air on the evening of December 28.

"We retrieved the picture from one of our image agencies and took it without taking a closer look," she told the Verdens Gang website.

"If we’d seen what it said we wouldn’t have used it."

Twitter and Facebook users suggested the show's producers were naive, with no one commenting that the convenient arrangement of the letters may have been deliberate.

However, NRK editor Tvedt welcomes the scrutiny.

"I think it's good that people are following Dagsrevyen closely," she said.
    Recital of Blessing on auspicious Occasions

Gold Meritorious Patron

Default Re: OMG wtf stfu pwd3d

Quote Originally Posted by Lohan2008 View Post
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...n-serious-show

Viewers of a Norwegian current affairs program were laughing out loud when an eye chart full of social media slang was displayed during a story about optical treatment for senior citizens.

The chart, prominently shown behind the NRK news readers, included popular online acronyms such as 'WTF', 'OMG' and 'STFU' amongst other randomly placed letters.

Newsroom editor Solveig Tvedt said neither she nor the “Dagsrevyen” (The Daily Review) team properly scrutinised the image before it went to air on the evening of December 28.

"We retrieved the picture from one of our image agencies and took it without taking a closer look," she told the Verdens Gang website.

"If we’d seen what it said we wouldn’t have used it."

Twitter and Facebook users suggested the show's producers were naive, with no one commenting that the convenient arrangement of the letters may have been deliberate.

However, NRK editor Tvedt welcomes the scrutiny.

"I think it's good that people are following Dagsrevyen closely," she said.
    Someone slipped one by!

I think we have all slipped one by now and then. Two of my favorites ... on a telephone tech support job I was doing once, my boss asked me to find out something about who to see about some sort of credit point redemption program, because some callers had asked. I sent him a note stating that the person in charge of that was Helen Waite, and anyone wanting to redeem these points should therefore go to Helen Waite. I thought for sure that he was BS'ing me about this program, and further thought that he would get the joke.

The best one I did tho ... there was this waitress at this restaurant that I used to go to when I lived in California, who generally worked behind the lunch counter. She had the most incredible behind you could possibly imagine ... she was REALLY well built, and had a butt that was just a tad bigger than it needed to be for the rest of her frame, but it was high, firm, well rounded, etc. In otherwords, it was definitely a prominent feature. She wore a very visible name badge on her uniform, spelled out in big, bold, prominent letters ... KATHY. Some doofus sat next to me at the lunch counter and asked me her name, and I was in a sarcastic mood, so I said "As you can see by her name badge, her name is Kathy, but she answers to Thundergloots." I couldn't believe it when a second later this doofus yells out "HEY THUNDERGLOOTS!" It was a good thing that I had already gotten my check and paid, because I split immediately, hearing Kathy laying into the doofus and knowing he would point the finger at me. I didn't know that anyone would be so stupid as to not get the joke and would actually do that!

Pete

Hey , do you have mandatory health insurance there as well?

It truly is a global master plan.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

"Sometimes experts use their experience not to explore the future, but merely to protect the past."
    ~ Dr. Michael Hewitt-Gleeson

Blog Entries

tru fax . . .

"A person will never be free from Scientology if they use Scientology to explain Scientology - they will always be left with huge unexplained gaps that can never be answered because the answers Scientology gives are inadequate and false." - Alanzo