Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TonyO - Strange Death of Flo Barnett

Default TonyO - Strange Death of Flo Barnett

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...trange_dea.php

We were stunned when Debrah Kitchings said it: in the 26 years since she investigated the odd death of Mary Florence "Flo" Barnett for the Los Angeles County Coroner, she has not once been asked by a reporter about what she remembers of the case.

Only once in that time, she says, was she ever asked about it at all.

"I think her daughter or a relative sent a letter, an inquiry, I think," Kitchings says.

Today, Kitchings is retired and lives in Riverside County, California, but in 1985, she was an investigator with the LA Department of Coroner when, on the night of September 8, she was called to Dominguez Valley Hospital in Compton to conduct a gunshot residue test on the hands of the dead woman.

Despite the passage of time, Kitchings remembers the case well. And she suspects that there's a reason I'm interested in this one death out of the many she handled over her career.

"It has something to do with Scientology, right?"

Indeed, it does. Over the years, interest in the death of Flo Barnett has endured because of her connection to the Church of Scientology -- Barnett's daughter, Michelle "Shelly" Barnett, in 1981 married David Miscavige, who today is the supreme leader of the worldwide religion. Flo was Miscavige's mother-in-law, and Shelly herself has not been seen in public with her husband since 2006. But that's a story we'll be going into on another day.

More at source....
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

2. Thanks supafreak, Type4_PTS, Lamb, Ogsonofgroo, CarmeloOrchards and 5 others says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: TonyO - Strange Death of Flo Barnett

In my view, a person trying to commit suicide, and if so, obviously determined, would come to the conclusion rather quickly after the first shot to the chest that a shot to the head would get it over quicker with less pain. And even if not after the first shot, the second failure and subsequent pain, I would think, would inspire one to get it done as quick as possible.

More than suspicious. How is that Sheriff living in his retirement?
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

"Sometimes experts use their experience not to explore the future, but merely to protect the past."
    ~ Dr. Michael Hewitt-Gleeson

4. Likes Sindy liked this post
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is only interesting to the extent that the CofS got at (or didn't) the detective before he signed off on the investigation. Maybe Tony O could drop the question on him and try and gauge the reaction.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Perhaps the body should be exhumed and re-examined, just to make sure.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

"Sometimes experts use their experience not to explore the future, but merely to protect the past."

7. Thanks koki says "thank you" for this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron anonomog's Avatar

It is as odd as hell and the suicide makes absolutely no sense to me as a layman, but it may just be the truth. The fact that strange and unbelievable things tend to happen around Scientology with some regularity, shouldn't automatically cast suspicion their way....I concede that strange things can and do happen.

What worries me more - where is her daughter?
    Where is Shelly Miscavige?
    It would be really good to see her at the next event.
    Holding up today's newspaper, or the blog at the Village Voice...whatever.

I don't want to hear about another confirmed-by-experts suicide where the person has stabbed herself 20 times in the back then dropped herself into a well to die.
    A human statue made of living stone / A paradox etched in human bone / If you could see behind his thin disguise /There`s a hidden glint of madness in his eyes. / Many men are fooled by his smile / His superficial grace his charm his style / Sardonicus is everybody`s friend /Sardonicus keeps smiling to the end.

9. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes smartone, Ladybird liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Perhaps the body should be exhumed and re-examined, just to make sure.
    Make sure it's dead?

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

11. Likes SanDiegoMember liked this post

No, to make sure it was a suicide. I'm quite sure it's dead and if it wasn't when she was buried then it's not a suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Make sure it's dead?

Paul

13. Likes koki liked this post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    No, to make sure it was a suicide. I'm quite sure it's dead and if it wasn't when she was buried then it's not a suicide.
    Per Tony O's article the physical evidence has never been in question, so I don't see what good an exhumation would do.

Paul

Blog Entries

CSI - detectives would solve this puzzle....
    Big hello from LRHs Bulgravia.

Silver Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

This thread should be titled "The suspicious suicide of David Miscavige's Mother in Law" . I remember first reading about this years ago and thinking something very fishy happened there and we'll probably never know the truth. Just look at the gun and try to imagine a suicide, 3 times in the chest and one in the head!

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...trange_dea.php

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast