Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Phil Donahue Nails Heber!

Default Re: Phil Donahue Nails Heber!

Quote Originally Posted by xseaorguk View Post
    the smile of the guy on the left goes from ear to ear and is verrrry creeeepy IMO
    Wouldnt trust them an inch
    Ken Hoden. Actually, seemed a nice guy when perceived through the typical SO/GO die-hard $cn "valence."
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.”
    You can fool some of the people some of the time -- and that's enough to make a decent living.”
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

-- W.C. Fields

Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf View Post
    Good link posted by Smurf. An interesting quote snippet from the show:
    Phil Donahue - (after hearing an actual recording of LRH speaking) ...
    "Speech and attitude reminds me of Richard Nixon - explains a lot."

That's a very astute observation. They are similar. Slimy, confident, slight speech impediment (letter "s" is always a little slurred), liars, conmen, etc.

I wonder if they went to the same charm (conman) school?

Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

I love this quote about Heber on the dedicated Heber parent page of the link that Smurf gave us:

http://www.holysmoke.org/heber/heber.htm

"Heber Jentzsch is awe-inspiring. He is an inspiration. A superlative example that all other mortals should strive to emulate. Every time he opens his mouth, a hundred people are innoculated against joining the so-called "church" of Scientology®. He is like some majestic force of nature--- an avalanche of stupidity seen careening down a mountainside in slow motion. Like a blind, drunken, nescient, lobotomized ox high on Cannabis sativa that somehow or other got the idea in its feeble little head to "defend" Scientology by being its worse example. Clue-deficient, piteous, lacking in intellect, unwittingly funny (uproariously so!), Heber Jentzsch has been instrumental in keeping innocent, unwary people from falling prey to Scientology. The world owes Heber a huge debt of gratitude! Thank you Heber, for acting exactly like the crazed, brainwashed baboon every anti-cult expert talks about when speaking about Scientology: you're their poster-boy! Way to go, Heber! PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Please, please, please. We wouldn't want to see you replaced."

LOL ! Beautiful prose.

4. Likes Jump liked this post

I don't think Heber got nailed. I don't think Phil was going out to nail him either. Phil asked tough questions and was pretty professional throughout the interview. Heber promoted the 'acceptable' version of Scientology, the version that differs greatly to the reality faced by many on staff and the Sea Org and the public who fail to toe the line. It's been ages since I've seen this but I remember Pat Harney being on it as well.

I don't think Phil was being biased either. There was some back and forth and this is how interviews should be.

Sometimes Heber can be cool and calm and at other times he just goes outrageously over the top like on the 1980's Panorama show.

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Jabba the Hubbard
    I know it doesn't have anything to do with this thread, but dude, that's priceless!! LMAO!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234