Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Through the Door 10th Year Anniversary

Default Through the Door 10th Year Anniversary

I am pleased to say that Through the Door will celebrate its 10th Year Anniversary on March 28, 2012. I appreciate everyone who has done the interview there. You deserve a big THANK YOU! You have truly made the site what it is.

http://alley.ethercat.com/door/index.html
    or
    http://ThroughTheDoor.net

To the people who haven't done the interview: Consider this a stats push, ladies and gentlemen, and I am your reg.

There are currently 292 interviews there - I need to see 300 by the anniversary date. That's only 8 interviews needed to reach the target goal. I need anyone who hasn't done the interview to go now, and pull out all the stops to do it. Smash through all the barriers, and Keep Through the Door working!

Haha, just kidding, but I really would like to reach 300 by the anniversary, so if you haven't done one, and I know there are people here who haven't, please do one. Thanks, everyone!
    Narconon Reviews
    Independent Reviews of the Narconon Drug Rehab Programs
    Answers to Frequently Asked But Seldom Answered Questions
    Public indignation will be the tipping point against Scientology. We are Reaching For the Tipping Point!
    Why did people join? Why did people leave? Find out at Scientology - Through the Door.

2. Thanks johnAnchovie, scooter, Free to shine, Tiger Lily, TG1 and 6 others says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: Through the Door 10th Year Anniversary

Ethercat,

I only just learned this morning about your site from Tiger Lily (on another thread).

http://alley.ethercat.com/door/

Your interviewing tool is great and provides useful information contributed by ex-Scientologists and ex-Co$ers to anyone (researchers, lurkers, seekers and onion-peelers) wanting to understand why people have left the Church of Scientology.

Thank you so much for creating this. It's really extraordinary.

TG1

4. Thanks ethercat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Tiger Lily liked this post
    Blog Entries

Ethercat rulez!
    I am my own opinion leader.

6. Thanks ethercat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Mick Wenlock liked this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Your site was the first one I ever posted on, I hadn't found ESMB. I was so very scared and excited at the same time and posting there was truly a huge step. Thankyou so much for all the work you have done!

Forget regret or life is yours to miss. No other path, no other way, no day but today. Jonathan Larson

My Story: - Sydney, Melbourne, Saint Hill - Becoming Free to Shine...

8. Thanks ethercat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight, Mick Wenlock liked this post

Has no one been interviewed since 292?
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

Thank you all. And thanks for all the "likes" and "thank yous". It's so rewarding to know how much people appreciate the site.

TG1, I'm not around often enough to know everyone, but thanks for the very complimentary words. I'll keep an eye out for your posts while I'm reading here.

Claire: 'nuff said, I hope. It's been so cool watching you grow and develop out of "Entity Claire" as you were called when you first appeared on ARS so many years ago. Life is better out here, isn't it.

Free to shine, I've heard that from a couple of other people too, and I won't mention names, but know that you're in good company. I'm glad you trusted the site enough to post there.

La La Lou Lou: Yes, there have been 2 more interviews since #292.

I used to let them go through automatically, but the spammers started hitting it badly a few years ago and I set it up so I get the interview in email, add it manually (copy and paste) to the file they're stored in, then upload it to the server. I don't always have time to do this immediately, but be sure, they will get on there.

Thank you Mustapha Commev and Phoenix! Only 6 more needed now.

6 more!! Please!
    Narconon Reviews
    Public indignation will be the tipping point against Scientology. We are Reaching For the Tipping Point!
    Why did people join? Why did people leave? Find out at Scientology - Through the Door.

Admin Emeritus (retired) Mick Wenlock's Avatar

Ethercat!!! How great to see you!! Great site of course - one of the first places I ever put my stuff out there

Quote Originally Posted by ethercat View Post
    Thank you all. And thanks for all the "likes" and "thank yous". It's so rewarding to know how much people appreciate the site.

TG1, I'm not around often enough to know everyone, but thanks for the very complimentary words. I'll keep an eye out for your posts while I'm reading here.

Claire: 'nuff said, I hope. It's been so cool watching you grow and develop out of "Entity Claire" as you were called when you first appeared on ARS so many years ago. Life is better out here, isn't it.

Free to shine, I've heard that from a couple of other people too, and I won't mention names, but know that you're in good company. I'm glad you trusted the site enough to post there.

La La Lou Lou: Yes, there have been 2 more interviews since #292.

I used to let them go through automatically, but the spammers started hitting it badly a few years ago and I set it up so I get the interview in email, add it manually (copy and paste) to the file they're stored in, then upload it to the server. I don't always have time to do this immediately, but be sure, they will get on there.

Thank you Mustapha Commev and Phoenix! Only 6 more needed now.

6 more!! Please!

12. Thanks ethercat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Outethicsofficer's Avatar

Just did my interview.

James
    Rather the purpose is to make new scientologists.
    And that is what they are trying to fool libraries, businesses and schools into helping them do - spread Scientology and make new scientologists.

Thanks to Lawrence Brennan for the above quote.

14. Thanks ethercat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Tiger Lily's Avatar

I've said this before, but this thread is a good place to say it again.

It was THIS site that started my road out. I was still a true believer but wanted to buy a book I couldn't get at the Org (Small Common Words from KTL) so I did a Google search and and this site came up. I didn't initially realize it was "entheta" -- I saw "Through the Door" and thought of the door on the Orientation video opening up to eternity (I guess it was really "ethernity" that I was about to discover). I thought it was going to be someone's success story

By the time I realized I was on an entheta site I was too curious. . . the first interview that came up was from ESMB's Alanzo, using his real name -- someone I had known personally while "in", who had been a dedicated Scientologist and great mentor to me. I was shocked, and the shell started to crack. It took me a while to come back and read the rest, but by the time I finished those interviews, I was well on my way to that clear mind I'd been looking for.

So glad you are doing this Ethercat -- I can't imagine how many people you've helped.

16. Thanks ethercat says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Outethicsofficer View Post
    Just did my interview.

James
    Thank you!

You are #295:
    http://alley.ethercat.com/cgi-bin/door/door.cgi?295
    Narconon Reviews

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast