Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Standards

Patron

Default Hidden Standards

My apologies if a thread on this subject already exists. I searched for one and didn't find one. So I figured it's ok to start one.

Hopefully, your posts will help me figure why I was so completely dumb in even accepting the concept of "Hidden Standards". In my opnion, and in retrospect, this is a major part of the scn mindfuck / brainwashing tech. Its perfect. It completely precludes a person from ever questioning if "the tech" actually works. The Hidden Standard idea is that the person is judging the effectiveness of "the tech" against an expectation. For example, if you imply that "the tech doesn't work because OT VIII's can't knock off hats at 50 feet", its not because the tech doesn't work or that hubbard is a liar, its because you're PTS and have a Hidden Standard.

Why in the world could I not see that when I was "in"? Its so friggin obviously a con, its embarrassing to admit I fell for it.

2. Thanks Sautez, Auditor's Toad, sallydannce, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Default Re: Hidden Standards

Quote Originally Posted by xstaffWPB View Post
    My apologies if a thread on this subject already exists. I searched for one and didn't find one. So I figured it's ok to start one.

Hopefully, your posts will help me figure why I was so completely dumb in even accepting the concept of "Hidden Standards". In my opnion, and in retrospect, this is a major part of the scn mindfuck / brainwashing tech. Its perfect. It completely precludes a person from ever questioning if "the tech" actually works. The Hidden Standard idea is that the person is judging the effectiveness of "the tech" against an expectation. For example, if you imply that "the tech doesn't work because OT VIII's can't knock off hats at 50 feet", its not because the tech doesn't work or that hubbard is a liar, its because you're PTS and have a Hidden Standard.

Why in the world could I not see that when I was "in"? Its so friggin obviously a con, its embarrassing to admit I fell for it.
    It is embarrassing, but we all did, to some degree. There will always be one or two who claim that they were in it for thirty years but knew it was a con all the time.

It's also the fact that OT8's run around stopping hurricanes all the time but as soon as someone watches slightly suspiciously they just can't do it any more. Not much of a super human ability is it then?
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

4. Thanks sallydannce, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

Expecting any of us to be able to properly see the exterior view of the thing we were locked inside of is obviously a Hidden Standard!
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia. 34 years in scientology 1974 - 2008
    No longer a scientologist.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

6. Thanks sallydannce, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight, La La Lou Lou liked this post

Thumbs up Re: Hidden Standards

Hmmm. Glad you're talking about this! It's a good point to raise.

Here's a hug, glad you're out!
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

8. Thanks sallydannce says "thank you" for this post

Very, very high-level technical question for all clams, scifaggOTs, indies, FreakZoners, Scientologists, Dianeticists: What has to happen in order for you to know you are being mindfucked?

10. Thanks sallydannce, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Sautez, TG1, sallydannce liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Very, very high-level technical question for all clams, scifaggOTs, indies, FreakZoners, Scientologists, Dianeticists: What has to happen in order for you to know you are being mindfucked?
    Your personal outrage is showing again Mystic. Akin to a pastor of a local church objecting to his daughter going to her senior prom, to dance.

Mindfuckery is part and parcel of this life, on this planet, in this world, at this time.

Did you miss the fucking memo Mystic?

And do you object to it's spiritual objective?

Apoc

ps: jesus christ man, bring something to the party other than outrage. Outrage is simple and cheap. Try correcting what you perceive as being an err in the fundamentals of being human. Please. And thank you.

That's all.

Taking chea
    Last edited by apocalyptic; 27th February 2012 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apocalyptic View Post
    Your personal outrage is showing again Mystic. Akin to a pastor of a local church objecting to his daughter going to her senior prom, to dance.

Mindfuckery is part and parcel of this life, on this planet, in this world, at this time.

Did you miss the fucking memo Mystic?

And do you object to it's spiritual objective?

Apoc
    If you mean 'the mind' then this is the crux of the issue - the mind has an inbuilt system to seek meaning in life. So it has some kind of spiritual directive. When this is hijacked by a fraudulent scammer, it's easy to be fooled.

If you mean 'Scientology' I don't think it has a spiritual objective - just a financial one.

"Of course, if it's true that Mr. Hubbard was never injured during the war, then he never did heal himself using Dianetics principles,
    then Dianetics is based on a lie, and then Scientology is based on a lie." - Tommy Davis

13. Thanks sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Likes sallydannce liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Did you miss the fucking memo?

Apoc

Blog Entries

There's all sorts of reasons. A lot has to do with the amount of time and money and sacrfice "invested". Among the primary reasons is that Auditing happened. The post-hypnotic euphoria gets translated into being a WIN, ergo "the tech must work". Then there's the fact that some of stuff is plain common sense repackaged as L Ron Hubbard wisdom. Once applied, it actually works and, again, its a WIN. Also contributing to the mind-fuck is the writing of success stories while still "floating with so much extra space and everything being so much more stable". The stories reinforce the belief and act as a testament - to refute the tech after writing down that it does work means to run the risk of being called a liar. Then there's the group-norming process. Its very difficult to go against the social flow when there are implanted mind-stoppers in regard to "invalidating" and/or "dramatising" and/or not exhbiting a suitable "tone level" and/or "greatest good" and/or "your eternity and/or "natter" and/or "enemy lines" . . . the list goes on.

Its all very well explained in Robert Levine's Declaration in support of the Headley's as to how Scientology slowly erodes cognitive functioning:

" . . . The essential questions that I will address in this declaration are whether an average person (without clear psychological pathologies) would have been able to make clear and independent rational decisions given the physical, social and psychological environment created by Scientology and, hence, whether the Headleys were deprived of free will in making such decisions . . . "
    . . . worth a read for those struggling to understand the Scientology "WHY". Next stage, of course, is getting around to the correct "WHO". It can take quite a while to differentiate:

"A person will never be free from Scientology if they use Scientology to explain Scientology - they will always be left with huge unexplained gaps that can never be answered because the answers Scientology gives are inadequate and false." - Alanzo

16. Thanks sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Likes sallydannce liked this post
    Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
    There's all sorts of reasons....

. . . worth a read for those struggling to understand the Scientology "WHY". Next stage, of course, is getting around to the correct "WHO". It can take quite a while to differentiate:
    Interesting take. Nicely presented.

It occurs to us the 'who' is only relevant to the time in which the spiritual crime took place, whereas the 'why' is damn near close to eternal, if not eternal.

Ok, so that was muddy. Let's try it again: Spiritual Rape is a concept which demands human players to illustrate. The human players illustrating the concept are no more guilty or innocent than those on the stage of a Shakespearean play.

Yes, yes, we know, such a horrific reality itself demands human outrage. More players. Larger stage.

The fact that Hubbards dianetics was initially humanely benevolent and ultimately spiritually disgusting has virtually nothing to do with Hubbard as a man. The man is dead. The concept lives. It's called spiritual rape under the guise of making spiritual love.

A timeless tradition wherein spiritual truth and spiritual love are spiritually wed. After a human season of unspeakable (and unbearable) spiritual pain.

Differentiating between a why and a who, then, in the absence of a broader spiritual context, is a mindfuck all by itself. From our point of view.

Notwithstanding the fact that more often than not, we do err. lol.

Apoc

ps no offense Infinite. As we tend to love your prose.
    Last edited by apocalyptic; 27th February 2012 at 07:53 AM.

18. Thanks sallydannce says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Sautez, sallydannce liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast