Not Scared off, not even close...
1. I have told friends and family this week that I have joined ESMB and that I am already addicted. It is heaven for me to be into the thick of things, reading different views, reading reports from the past and present. I did not post for a while because I just had to do some regular academic work.
2. Even if I came to the view that Scientology is not a religion, I would still teach on it because it is such an amazing story + so many others think it is a religion. By the way, Sci as religion is a complicated issue for all the reasons noted in this thread.
3. Just curious...is any member of the Board a Scientologist?
4. Have not given up on this board or Christian faith However, I prefer that our discussions here stick to explicit Sci issues since that is what the board is about.
5. I would not work with Gordon Melton if I thought he was anything like some of the options outlined on this thread. As I noted earlier, I strongly disagree with him on some topics and think he has made some very crucial errors re some groups. However, these errors can be explained without resorting to really nasty views.