Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Burned's Repayment Progress

Thumbs up Re: Burned's Repayment Progress

I would say contact the local better business bureau or any other consumer watchdog organization that oversees the locale. Also send a letter to the regional IRS office outlining your request for refunds and the lack of response you are getting. Also send copies to the local District Attorney's office and Sheriff's investigators attention financial fraud division. Include the relevant COS policy on refunds which they are not following. Then send copies of all these communications to your vias at COS. Believe me, this will get some action. Do contact legal aide services for a referral to a lawyer. Usually the local bar association chapter runs one.

Good luck! Just demand ALL your money back!
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

2. Likes Idle Morgue, Free to shine liked this post

Default Re: Burned's Repayment Progress

Although one can cite chapter & verse of what the church said ( in writing ) in regards to prompt repayments, etc in order to get tax exempt status it is faster & more effective to forget ARC, KRs & other trivia & get to what to what they can't stand : a public flap, the media, a good lawyer or protest signs in front of the org that their public can't miss.

You DO want them to think you are CRAZY & will do anything to DISRUPT them.
    And then go there if that is what it takes.

Leave the unicorns & butterflies of the cult think behind. Take off the gloves & start ripping them a new one or roll over & let 'em keep YOUR money to do sweet things like sue Debbie Cook or hire PIs to loudly follow good people around.

Whose money do they use to do that crap?

Your money can be gotten back. You can get it.
    Fact : DM is 5 foot one inch . Really.

"Religion says there is only one way to Heaven. Spirituality says choose the one that brings you joy". Sara Ban Breathnach

4. Likes Outethicsofficer, Ogsonofgroo liked this post

Flag's chaplain is not returning my calls. I've sent in a claim to PeopleClaim.com, and cc'd House Ways and Means, BBB. I'll cc all future letters to TBT and VV. Sent an email today to TBT:

Hi Guys,

I'm documenting my steps to retrieve $8,987.50 from Flag and 619.50 from Tampa Org. I've copied everything and have summarized my steps on the Ex Scientologists Message Board (Burned's Repayment Progress).

They received my Release and Waiver and letter on March 1, 2012 (sent UPS; signature waived). The Flag Chaplain called me back and left a message 1 time to my 10+ calls; Linda Alred at Tampa called me back twice, and wants to speak to me when "she has time".

Maybe you'd like to do a story on this?

Thank you for your excellent work! C of S has taken me for over $200,000.00.

Sincerely,

6. Thanks Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Idle Morgue, Free to shine liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Happy LRH birthday to you Burned!

As I said before, I sure hope you get a chance to let FSO and Tampa know that you're keeping us updated on this thread!

We'd all LOVE to hear whatever they have to say on the matter!

Keep up the good work!
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

Sue the Bastards !

"Religion says there is only one way to Heaven. Spirituality says choose the one that brings you joy". Sara Ban Breathnach

Linda Alred from Tampa Org returned my call and is checking with the KOT re the CVB routing form requirement. She also needs my wife to send in a Release and Waiver since the money somehow got placed into "her" account.

At least some communication is taking place, which is more than I can say for Flag! Just a stone wall there.

10. Likes Outethicsofficer liked this post

Any recommendations for an attorney to send the next letter? Prepaid Legal?

Here's a copy of the PeopleClaim.com claim, Me v FSO:

Claim #: 1139465-173776
    Date Filed: 3/5/12
    Posting Date: 3/16/12
    Claim Status: New
    Filed by:
    Filed Against: Flag Service Organization, Church of Scientology
    Claim Type(s): Refusal to promptly repay money on account.
    Dear
    This is to confirm that your complaint was filed successfully on 3/5/12, and that notification will be sent to Flag Service Organization, Church of Scientology within 24 hours by Physical delivery, per your instructions. We will notify you when Flag Service Organization, Church of Scientology views the claim online, and when there is a response.

Flag Service Organization, Church of Scientology will have until 3/15/12 to settle this claim before it posts publicly for review and comment. (Naturally, your name and personal information will be kept private.) View what will post here.

You can view or change the details of this claim here. If you are unable to reach the site using this link, please copy and paste the following URL into your browser's address window:

To review other claims you have filed, visit My Account http://peopleClaim.com/Account/Login.aspx and log in with your User Name and Password To review any of your claims, track progress, or make changes, visit your Account

Please contact PeopleClaim if you have questions or need help. Refer to claim #1139465-173776 in all communications.

Is there a better email address to use for future correspondence? Please let us know at support@peopleclaim.com

Reminder: To ensure timely receipt of future messages regarding this matter, please add administration@peopleclaim.com to your address book.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this request.

Sincerely,

The PeopleClaim Team
    support@peopleclaim.com

This email was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you received this communication in error, please report the error to support@PeopleClaim.com.
    Important: a PeopleClaim is an offer to settle a problem; it does not constitute a legal action and you are not required by law to respond. However, if you do not respond or reach a settlement the complaint will post online for public review and comment. PeopleClaim.com facilitates dispute resolution. We do not provide content. All claims created or posted on this site are initiated by users: they contain user-supplied information and reflect user opinions. PeopleClaim does not evaluate, review or otherwise judge the content or validity of any user's claim. Information provided at PeopleClaim.com is not a comprehensive statement of law, nor does it contain legal advice. Use of and access to this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between PeopleClaim.com and the user.
    This message is confidential and proprietary. You have received it because a claim was filed by you or against you, or because you registered at PeopleClaim.com. If you believe this message was sent in error, click here PeopleClaim.com. If you are not the intended recipient, the complaint may still post online if the error is not corrected. You may opt out of receiving messages from PeopleClaim. If you opt out, claims involving you will post immediately on Peopleclaim.com's Registry of unresolved claims. Also, notifications of activity on current claims, pending claims, or future claims will no longer be sent to you. Click here to opt out.
    PeopleClaim.com
    PO Box 1418
    Fairfield, IA 52556
    Copyright © 2009 by PeopleClaim.com. All rights reserved.

13. Thanks Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Idle Morgue, Outethicsofficer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Auditor's Toad View Post
    Sue the Bastards !
    Ok; got an attorney recommendation?

15. Likes Outethicsofficer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Burned View Post
    Ok; got an attorney recommendation?
    There are a few that post here with some frequency. There is also pre-paid legal but I don't know the reults of anyone using them.

On the " CVB " ( Claims Verification Board ) Routing Form. Uh, NO. It is NOT required, period. Tell them you are beyond " recovery ". You waive the right to ethicshandlings, chaplin interviews, & ARCX sessions or handlings.

They are going to tell you you "have to" per policy & you tell them it is NOT a legal requirement for a repayment of unused funds anywhere in the US.

Their " terminal " can sign every line of that form for you.

Oh, you gave them notarized waivers BEFORE you got a check from them in.

Even when they are standing on your porch with check in hand saying you " have to " sign their form to get a release - they are lying. There is no such legal requirement.

And why would anyone sign something for them & take their check ? You do know they have BOUNCED repayment check, right ?

You can PM me if you like, maybe we can talk on the phone. Due to lack of funds in the local org - even flag - these days plus the very small % of the GI allowed to be set aside for this ... even smooth cycles can take months.

You got to hold the line and make it uncomfortable for them. It is tougher than pulling hens teeth BUT it CAN BE DONE !

And you can do it !

17. Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast