Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

  1. #1
    Patron
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    12

    Default Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post these questions:

    1) I read that Marty Rathbun says that Grant Cardone made his riches by hanging around Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and getting on the lines of major celebs. I've been trying to find a definite history of Cardone's activities in Scientology, how he started, why he got in, and how he was able to get the comm lines in Scientology to become as rich as he has become, and if how he became big is line with policy. Because if Marty is right, then that would really be totally off policy for the Church to allow that, would it not? I guess it was in the 90's.

    2) I'd been reading about the Guardians Office, but one thing I find confusing is back then you have the Sea Org and you also have the Guardians Office. Both are running the Church. But the Guardians Office is it's own org, not a branch of Sea Org? So members of GO were just like regular org staff, they had day jobs and didn't wear uniforms and totally separate from the SO? And I would assume that the GO actually ran international management, and the SO was just auditors and LRH tech assistants?

    Sorry if the questions are too long. Cheers!

  2. #2
    Crusader La La Lou Lou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    5,863

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Quote Originally Posted by frasersworld View Post
    I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post these questions:

    1) I read that Marty Rathbun says that Grant Cardone made his riches by hanging around Celebrity Centre in Hollywood and getting on the lines of major celebs. I've been trying to find a definite history of Cardone's activities in Scientology, how he started, why he got in, and how he was able to get the comm lines in Scientology to become as rich as he has become, and if how he became big is line with policy. Because if Marty is right, then that would really be totally off policy for the Church to allow that, would it not? I guess it was in the 90's.

    2) I'd been reading about the Guardians Office, but one thing I find confusing is back then you have the Sea Org and you also have the Guardians Office. Both are running the Church. But the Guardians Office is it's own org, not a branch of Sea Org? So members of GO were just like regular org staff, they had day jobs and didn't wear uniforms and totally separate from the SO? And I would assume that the GO actually ran international management, and the SO was just auditors and LRH tech assistants?

    Sorry if the questions are too long. Cheers!
    Welcome Frasersworld.

    I'd like to understand what the GO were too. Some seemed to be SO members and some didn't. They certainly thought they were important, especially Jane Kember strolling around saint hill with flunkeys following her. They looked like they should have been waving ostrich feather fans at her and had forgotten them. I'm sure I saw someone holding her ashtray. They certainly dressed smarter than the rest of staff.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

  3. Thanks JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
    LOL! JBWriter laughed at this post
  4. #3
    Silver Meritorious Patron Petey C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mostly in my head
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Quote Originally Posted by frasersworld View Post
    I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to post these questions:


    2) I'd been reading about the Guardians Office, but one thing I find confusing is back then you have the Sea Org and you also have the Guardians Office. Both are running the Church. But the Guardians Office is it's own org, not a branch of Sea Org? So members of GO were just like regular org staff, they had day jobs and didn't wear uniforms and totally separate from the SO? And I would assume that the GO actually ran international management, and the SO was just auditors and LRH tech assistants?

    Sorry if the questions are too long. Cheers!
    The Sea Org ran the orgs and AOs through what were known as FOLOs (and CLOs before that, and again now) -- Flag Operations Liaison Offices. SO members sometimes went on "garrison missions" to orgs, i.e. they held posts in orgs while remaining in the SO. In ANZO at least, SO members held many key positions in Sydney Day and Fdn orgs which were in the same city. At the FOLO there were SO members who were internal (such as nannies, Qual Secs, people who ran Estates, comms people, etc.) and some who were external -- usually the CO, who ran the orgs, plus the Flag Rep, the LRH Comm, the Flag Banking Officer, the Programs Officer(s) and the Assistant Commodore's Staff Aides for each division. In continents where there were Advanced Orgs, the SO staffed those orgs and also the Publications Orgs.

    In my day (70s and 80s, before the crash of the GO) the GO was an entirely separate organisation. Where the FOLO CO reported up to Flag, the Assistant GO on each continent reported to the Guardian WW, who at the time was Jane Kember. In ANZO some senior GO staff regularly visited the FOLO for coordination and info sharing purposes but generally the SO and GO had nothing much to do with each other except for some aspects of org business (eg legal, PR). This all came to an end at the time of big crash in the early 80s when these things happened within a few months of each other: David Miscavige came into power, RTC and ASI were established, the CMO was beefed up, Mary Sue Hubbard and Jane Kember and others faced criminal charges. The GO was then disbanded.

    Most GO staff worked full time but had homes to go to (if they could afford them, i.e. they too moonlighted out of hours doing cleaning and whatnot) and they didn't wear uniforms. In ANZO they clearly believed themselves to be superior to the SO. They probably were. They had a lot of volunteers to spy for them.

  5. Thanks JBWriter, afaceinthecrowd says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo liked this post
  6. #4
    Silver Meritorious Patron Petey C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mostly in my head
    Posts
    1,344

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Quote Originally Posted by La La Lou Lou View Post
    Welcome Frasersworld.

    They certainly thought they were important, especially Jane Kember strolling around saint hill with flunkeys following her. They looked like they should have been waving ostrich feather fans at her and had forgotten them. I'm sure I saw someone holding her ashtray. They certainly dressed smarter than the rest of staff.
    Yep, they did think they were important. It may have been at the time that their entry requirements were more stringent than for the SO. But then Scn deals in hierarchies and they like exclusivity.

    In ANZO, the GO staff were about as ragged as org staff. Well, maybe not ragged, but not real chic and stylish either. Just ordinary.

  7. #5
    Patron Meritorious Ho Tai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Land of the Free
    Posts
    544

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Welcome, frasersworld. How about letting us know a little about yourself, if you would be willing to do that.

  8. #6
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Grant Cardone (The Reach-around King) was wealthy before he came to Scn. He paid for cash for his grades and stayed in style at the Manor Hotel (Celebrity Centre) while he was doing them. He was living in LaJolla, CA at the time he started Scn.

    Think he owns apartment bldgs in Tucson, AZ, in addition to his high-pressure- sales -techniques- for- car- dealers empire.

    Juicy rumor from someone else, who theoretically could have seen his pc files: he sold coke in Fla.in the late '80's -90's.

    The amount of cash he has gets him into a certain circle of Scn "Celebs", but he is not "hanging with TC".

    His wife, Elena (Lyons) Cardone, did a few episodes of 'Saved By the Bell" before she joined Scn and started spending all her time going up the bridge, but she is probably most famous for her affair with the now deceased septagenarian Scn acting guru - Milton Katselas.

  9. #7
    Patron with Honors Random guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    As far as I know, Grant Cardone is really only a glorified used cars salesman, the kind of guy who earn that little extra by talking fast and keeping you off balance. He appears to be really, really good at it.

    Note: Grant Cardone is probably the last person you want to buy a used car from. Between the two of you, you'll end up second best.

  10. #8
    Patron Meritorious JustMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    intofae
    Posts
    987

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Quote Originally Posted by Petey C View Post
    The Sea Org ran the orgs and AOs through what were known as FOLOs (and CLOs before that, and again now) -- Flag Operations Liaison Offices. SO members sometimes went on "garrison missions" to orgs, i.e. they held posts in orgs while remaining in the SO. In ANZO at least, SO members held many key positions in Sydney Day and Fdn orgs which were in the same city. At the FOLO there were SO members who were internal (such as nannies, Qual Secs, people who ran Estates, comms people, etc.) and some who were external -- usually the CO, who ran the orgs, plus the Flag Rep, the LRH Comm, the Flag Banking Officer, the Programs Officer(s) and the Assistant Commodore's Staff Aides for each division. In continents where there were Advanced Orgs, the SO staffed those orgs and also the Publications Orgs.

    In my day (70s and 80s, before the crash of the GO) the GO was an entirely separate organisation. Where the FOLO CO reported up to Flag, the Assistant GO on each continent reported to the Guardian WW, who at the time was Jane Kember. In ANZO some senior GO staff regularly visited the FOLO for coordination and info sharing purposes but generally the SO and GO had nothing much to do with each other except for some aspects of org business (eg legal, PR). This all came to an end at the time of big crash in the early 80s when these things happened within a few months of each other: David Miscavige came into power, RTC and ASI were established, the CMO was beefed up, Mary Sue Hubbard and Jane Kember and others faced criminal charges. The GO was then disbanded.

    Most GO staff worked full time but had homes to go to (if they could afford them, i.e. they too moonlighted out of hours doing cleaning and whatnot) and they didn't wear uniforms. In ANZO they clearly believed themselves to be superior to the SO. They probably were. They had a lot of volunteers to spy for them.

    ^^^^^What he said^^^^^

    Above both the GO and SO then was L Ron Hubbard. And at the top of the SO was eventually the CMO.

    On many things the GO and the CMO were in effect a "check and balance" for and against each other. For example, someone high up in the SO might funnel money to Hubbard. The GO might step in and control it.

    Miscavige took over the GO in 1981 only by first convincing them that it was Hubbard who wanted it done. The GO was not afraid of Miscavige then even though it was weakened by some of its top leaders having to be off trying to defend themselves from legal charges that were brought after the FBI raided two of their US offices in 1977.

    Once Miscavige convinced the GO to stand down, the CMO took over everything and the last check and balance over corporate Scientology and directly under Hubbard was gone.

  11. Thanks TG1, Kookaburra says "thank you" for this post
    Likes ILove2Lurk, Free to shine liked this post
  12. #9
    Patron with Honors xguardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    492

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    Grant Cardone made his money in Auto Sales and Training Dealerships in Seminars and video courses that became the # 1 in the country. One day Training Seminar could net him $50,000-$100,000 per "Show"...He probably peaked out as a salesman at $400,000 a year before he hooked up with C.C. where he got the contacts to package it all and produce his sales training video empire. Essentially, he contracted with dealerships to not only train salespeople, but finance & insurance, aftermarket products etc...and got a % of all increases in profit, which with thousands of dealerships in his pgm, made tens of millions. I got out of the business (sales training) two years ago and he was still top dog. Can't say what he was doing in GO as I got out in 77.

  13. #10
    Homo-genized SP Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    West Hollywood
    Posts
    5,726

    Default Re: Grant Cardone, and status of Guardians Office

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grant_Cardone

    Some detail of Grant's family can be derived from his mother's obituary:

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...572318&df=all&

    His father died in 1969.

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...895396&df=all&

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guardians Office Vs OSA
    By Free to shine in forum Office of Special Affairs
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 1st December 2011, 05:54 AM
  2. Grant Cardone: Doing Scientology's Dirty Work?
    By degraded being in forum Media reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd June 2011, 10:45 AM
  3. Alby Grant Reminds me of david miscavige
    By FinallyFree in forum Freezone, Independents, and other flavors of scientology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27th February 2010, 07:44 AM
  4. SEARCHING FOR DUNCAN GRANT FROM SYDNEY
    By Gottabrain in forum Reconnecting with old friends
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 25th December 2009, 01:41 AM
  5. For Your Office
    By Björkist in forum Great web sites and links
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th October 2008, 07:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •