Thread: Brunch at Celebrity Centre

Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

Default Brunch at Celebrity Centre

Interesting account of Scientology paranoia. I must have missed this when it came out:

http://publicroad.wordpress.com/2012...nt-you-to-see/

Default Re: Brunch at Celebrity Centre

I wonder if I would be refused service at this restaurant were I to show up for brunch? Being an "SP" and all. Something for me to consider when in LA next.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNoUser View Post
    Interesting account of Scientology paranoia. I must have missed this when it came out:

http://publicroad.wordpress.com/2012...nt-you-to-see/
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"

Yep, we already have a thread about this story.
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia. 34 years in scientology 1974 - 2008
    No longer a scientologist.
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

4. Likes Sindy liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    I wonder if I would be refused service at this restaurant were I to show up for brunch? Being an "SP" and all. Something for me to consider when in LA next.
    This would be really fun. Going in, waiting until halfway through the meal, then telling your waiter that you are declared...

Thing is, I don't know if they could kick you out at that point. A lot of restaurants go to great lengths to avoid discrimination. And since they'd be kicking you out for being Not a Scientologist, I don't really see how they could get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    This would be really fun. Going in, waiting until halfway through the meal, then telling your waiter that you are declared...

Thing is, I don't know if they could kick you out at that point. A lot of restaurants go to great lengths to avoid discrimination. And since they'd be kicking you out for being Not a Scientologist, I don't really see how they could get away with it.
    Pretty sure they would kick you out. Do you really think this "church" is worried about discrimination? NOT.

The price of the brunch went down, I guess. It used to be 20 bucks per person. I guess they were emptying out...

I used to have to help out on brunch on the bigger holidays. I think it was Easter and Mothers Day that we would all have to pitch in because it would get really full.

----

Celebrity Centre security are more paranoid I think than other Scn guards because of the Celebs. I remember when I was still there that John Travolta got served papers during the Christmas Stories plays. I remember there were a bunch of drag queens there as well. I can't remember if they were the ones serving the papers, or if they were a distraction. They had pre-registered and bought tickets. Either way, I remember that they were part of it somehow.

7. Likes Sindy liked this post
    Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post

LOL. Yes, I don't know how they can possibly keep up with all the declared people. The list must be gigantic. It probably outnumbers the members in "good standing". I wonder if the security guys have to drill the list every morning !?

Gold Meritorious Patron

You might get to stay, but, I wouldn't trust the food at that point. You might wind up with some extra special sauce on your big mac or you might be dosed with a laxative.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNoUser View Post
    LOL. Yes, I don't know how they can possibly keep up with all the declared people. The list must be gigantic. It probably outnumbers the members in "good standing". I wonder if the security guys have to drill the list every morning !?
    I'm just imagining Chinese Schooling the SP list for 7 hours before going on post every day. Love it!