Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: My real story. Anonymous no more?

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Default Re: My real story. Anonymous no more?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetnessandLight View Post
    Here she is!:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

2. Likes Stat, Ogsonofgroo liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

I got a good story too. Totally unrelated to this thread or scno/co$. But now I gotta tell it. I was driving downtown, during a busy time, on busy street - going pretty darn slow. Two tweens/teens stepped out from between 2 parked cars mid-block - and I had to slam breaks to keep from clipping them. One of them turned around while passing in front of my car and said, FUCK YOU BITCH. My window was open, and I let rip a few good ones, using mf'g and the c words, calling them a few. Heh heh heh . . .

The girls jaws dropped, hit the pavement, eyes wide with shock. They almost froze in their tracks. They did not know their moms - and women my age - were probably the first females to ever use that kind of language.

Towanda !

The young always owe a debt to the old - they just don't know it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
    Yes! Towanda!!!!

I find as I "age"... I'm more and more appreciative of
    young people being kind and using manners, no matter what they say.
    Here in LA____it's SO rare, when a younger person holds the door for you,
    or says, "Thank you, Ma'am"---whatever word they use, it's generally appreciated by most of we "Senior Citizens".

I do remember a phase of going through disliking the word "ma'am" thing....I think it happens somewhere between middle age, and finally hitting "Senior"....which as you well know,
    Somewhere in there---a bunch of falls off, that included! ((My favorite re "ladies" was being on an elevator w/ a bunch of younger LA Kids. They were all saying "Fuck this, fuck that". One said: "Hey guys--cool down, there's a lady on here", and nodded at me. I said, grinning: "Hey Fuck you too!" They ALL Burst out laughing and some clapped, and said "Far out!~"
    (Being able to say the F** word is greatly respected here by many younger peeps): Weird, and true.

Most of us found a HUGE amount of humor and gratitude that had been overshadowed by those kinds of concerns. As much as peeps pitch "getting
    older" is all bad...there are some truly wonderful parts to it.

(((Hugs))) to you and ALL

Tory/Magoo
    PS: Due to all you're going through, Denise, you've got a while to go before you hit any of this. However, as I said earlier, a very sweet thing is that
    you shall keep the great wisdom you have earned--so that should help with many life things, a bunch.
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Silver Meritorious Patron Helena Handbasket's Avatar
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I've Fallen Far Too Far Behind

Quote Originally Posted by auntpat View Post
    Denice,

Are you aware that a transgender woman is entering the miss universe contest. She is from Canada. Her picture in todays paper was gorgeous,
    Gorgeous is an understatement. Much better than someone like me ever have or ever will look.

And she had her surgery at age 19. Wow!

Helena

Gold Meritorious Patron Kookaburra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helena Handbasket View Post
    Gorgeous is an understatement. Much better than someone like me ever have or ever will look.

And she had her surgery at age 19. Wow!

Helena
    Yes, but she was on hormones before puberty so she never did develop adult male characteristics.

I read something not long ago about her being disqualified because she was not born a female, which is one of the criteria to enter. Have they backed down on that, does anyone know?
    http://www.exseaorg.com

"L Ron Hubbard proves that one sure-fire way to "smash your name into history"... is to crash and burn spectacularly." quote by Freeminds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    ...... just end cycle on it. Why? Because Larry Brennan died in 2012....
    He did. And it is done. The postings as LarryBren on WWP, Lovinglife625 here and SME on xenu.net and ARS are over. As are the Larry Bren skype, facebook and names used in other places.

The larrybren blogspot will be cleaned up and updated with some missing posts soon but nothing more will ever be added to it. He wanted everyone to freely use anything he ever wrote or said.

He fell in love with Elizabeth Cotten when he met her in Philadelphia in the very early 1970s and with her song "Freight Train" which she played three times in a row. He always wanted that to be his funeral song and then a big party. SO here it is from a woman he loved:

Now for the party!
    From a poem I wrote to my daughter: "Keep the true strength known as 'kindness'. Have the vision to see good in all. Nurture those who you do truly love. And never think that you are small. All these things combined in love are your pathway back to Fae".

This appears to be the latest:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...hange-16064641

Donald Trump wished a transgender woman who wants to be Miss Universe good luck on Tuesday as his organization said she can vie for Canada's spot in the pageant.
    The Miss Universe Organization said it actually made the decision Monday to let 23-year-old Jenna Talackova compete in the 2012 competition to become Canada's contestant.
    The statement said Trump wished Talackova "the best of luck in her quest for the crown" as he would any other contestant.
    But a statement issued then had a caveat that confused Talackova, saying she could enter the pageant "provided she meets the legal gender recognition requirements of Canada, and the standards established by other international competitions." No further details were provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kookaburra View Post
    Yes, but she was on hormones before puberty so she never did develop adult male characteristics.

I read something not long ago about her being disqualified because she was not born a female, which is one of the criteria to enter. Have they backed down on that, does anyone know?
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

"Sometimes experts use their experience not to explore the future, but merely to protect the past."
    ~ Dr. Michael Hewitt-Gleeson

Silver Meritorious Patron Petey C's Avatar

Wow, what a story. LovingLife625 -- I salute you. Everything I want to say has been said in the dozen or so foregoing pages. I've never done what you're doing but I imagine it takes great courage, conviction and a thirst for truth. As for how you must have suffered under Scientology -- I have no words, only shudders. I just think of the tortures of auditing, of the pressure to perform and conform, and of the horror of the perverted way Scientology would view transgender (as well as gay/lesbian) issues.

May the gods smooth your way, may you experience sweet seas and sunny weather.

9. Likes Ogsonofgroo, JustMe, anonomog liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron Helena Handbasket's Avatar
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I've Fallen Far Too Far Behind

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    This all reminds me of the Renee Richards story of 36 years ago. See: http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5777,2625146 and http://www.amazon.com/Second-Serve-R.../dp/0812828976

The Transwomen are the daughters of the Clinic Defenders, who are the daughters of the Women's Libbers, who themselves are the daughters of the Sufferagettes.

Helena

11. Thanks JustMe says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JustMe liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Helena Handbasket View Post
    This all reminds me of the Renee Richards story of 36 years ago. See: http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=5777,2625146 and http://www.amazon.com/Second-Serve-R.../dp/0812828976

The Transwomen are the daughters of the Clinic Defenders, who are the daughters of the Women's Libbers, who themselves are the daughters of the Sufferagettes.

Helena
    I can't help myself....

I am proudly a woman raised in the country that was the first nation in the world to give women the right to vote - back in 1893.

However it was to be some years before women were able to become part of the governing process and to be elected to the House of Representatives (1919).

Really cool little country is New Zealand!

Far too many sheep for my liking, but us gals have been holding our own for generations!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%2...ge#New_Zealand

13. Thanks JustMe says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Ogsonofgroo, Arthur Dent, JustMe liked this post
    Blog Entries

I think we are the people are amazing, in a good way.
    As long as we practice tolerance, kindness, love, understanding.

This thread really got me thinking out of the box.

It's like looking at the evolution in the making.

The human mankind evolves.

Thank you all. Love. Truly.
    "If you have an innocence of being, curiosity about life, a liking of people, and a feeling of sweetness inside, you have everything." ~ Smilla's Mom.

15. Thanks JustMe says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Arthur Dent, JustMe liked this post
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast