Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Just completed the Route 1 processes from the book CHA

Blog Entries

Default Re: Just completed the Route 1 processes from the book CHA

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    There are plenty of Independent Scientology 'Success Stories' for both the New and the Old OT levels. The complaints are mostly about what are viewed as alterations of LRH tech by others, mostly Miscavige.

Background:

Around 1965ish, Hubbard announced the Clearing Course. This was the FINAL level where one handled BANK. After this, there was no more BANK. The announcement was made that Clears only needed to run Route One drills so as to familiarize themselves with their OT abilities - abilities which had been liberated by reason of having become Clear.

People did the Clearing Course and then did Route One and were unable to be "under a rock on Mars," etc., and thought, "Oh my, I've falsely attested to the (deadly serious, very confidential, vital to every one's survival and well being, all important, greatest breakthrough of all time) Clearing Course, and then promptly introverted and crashed.

A short time later, Hubbard came out with OT 2. This explained why people could not do Route One after the Clearing Course. There was more Bank to run after the Clearing Course. Big VGIs (Very Good Indicators) from Scientologists.

See above, and repeat.

Then, a while later, Hubbard came out with OT 3. This explained why people were not becoming OT after having done OT 2, etc. More VGIs.

Then came the various (old) upper OT levels 4 - 7. OT 7 was released in the early 1970s.

Around this time, the L's (the fabulous OT Boosters) were also released to much excitement.

(Old) OT 8 was on the Grade Chart (Total Freedom and Total Power) and was the Top and final OT level. It actually never existed.

About ten years after the 1967/68 announcement/release of OT 3, Hubbard announced more "breakthroughs." One of these was that OT 3 was not the final "Wall of Fire," and that there was another "Wall of Fire" (more stuff, more Case, more Bank, More BTs, to handle) and that this explained why people were not making the expected gains and becoming OT. Scientologists were ecstatic. More VGIs.

While there were always people who - quietly - expressed disappointment, after the initial excitement of the attest, completion announcement, Success Story, being applauded, etc. wore off, there also were those who knew that allowing any self-doubt, or doubt in the Tech, was a sign of out-ethics, a sign of having earlier falsely attested, etc., and who never felt dissatisfaction with "LRH Tech." These are the true VGIs People. However, they were/are only a portion of the membership, and another portion would tend to quietly fall away, having been disappointed. This latter group tended to become inactive and tended to stop flowing people and money to Orgs and "up lines."

The challenge was always to get these people back actively "on lines," spending more money, and "VGIs."

Right now the scapegoat for Scientologists outside of "organized Scientology" is Miscavige. He's the reason "why."

For Scientologists, inside corporate Scientology, the scapegoat is a long list of things. For example, one reason for OT not having been attained would be that, previously, the person did the Grade Chart as a composite being, but having completed NEW OT 7, is finally a single unit being (no BTs), and thus can redo the Grades, including Objectives, as a single unit being, for the first time, and thus get the fabulous gains, etc. (Exactly how this works out, C/S-wise I'm not sure.)

And it goes on and on.

Well, you get the idea.
    Interesting piece of history. It explains a few things.
    Thank you for this post, Veda.
    "If you have an innocence of being, curiosity about life, a liking of people, and a feeling of sweetness inside, you have everything." ~ Smilla's Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetnessandLight View Post

Petal, I'm glad you're just reading and experiencing/experimenting on your own. If a process doesn't work well for you, chances are good that you will be sensible enough to drop it, and go on to something else more useful or productive.

I wish that all of the "technology" of Scientology could be experienced by people in this manner, according to their own choice and free will, and for free.

Maybe then anything really worthwhile that is embedded in there will make it out into the real world and do some good for humanity.
    Dear, Sweetness and light:
    Thank you.
    I am taking everything I do in scientology with a light hand. I don't grind over techniques to get some form of EP. I do it to feel good, and I do.
    I cannot deny that the exagerated promo is way off, but something does change when I am auditing and it is a good feeling. Such a good feeling that I am continuing to do the things that are written with my own experiences applied for what works for me.
    I am not on some quest to change the world but if people around me, circumstances, situations are improved by my auditing. so be it.
    petal

3. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    I've done lots of COHA self-audited about 10 years ago. Good Stuff & had some nice wins too.
    Dear, Lonewolf:
    Did you do the whole book, route 1 and 2?
    I am doing the processes one at a time to the end of the book but it does look like the processes can be repeated indefinitely and when I get to the end I possiblily will do some of the best ones again.
    petal

Quote Originally Posted by Veda View Post
    I've used a number of COHA processes with interesting results. One that comes to mind is called 'Union Station' ('Other People'). Process 'R2-46', if I recall correctly. It's run outdoors in large areas with lots of people standing around. I've used it several times.

Hubbard's stuff (and others' stuff with his name substituted) from the 1950s is not all crazy. It had its flashes of brilliance.
    Dear, Veda:

This is the part I am intrested in (the 1950s). It seems the 50s resulted with the most diamonds in the muck. The is a lot of muck to search throught though!

petal

6. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes BardoThodol, SweetnessandLight liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Great points. As I see it, "focusing of attention" has a great deal to do with a great many things, and part of the reason why Scientology seems to get results when it does is because it prods the participant to focus attention, but also as a by-product, to "improve" the "ability" to "focus attention" at will. The problem with Scientology is that it TELLS YOU what you should focus on, what you should give meaning to, and what you should value as important. It sets firmly into place a great many ideas and notions that are actually quite arbitrary.

More sensible practices cut to the root of it all and simply grasp that there is this ability to "focus attention", whether directing attention "out" or "in", and that the key to many things lies in answering the question, "where, how and for how long does one focus attention on various areas of interest (or compulsion)"? Digging in at THAT level undercuts a great many things. Hubbard gets people to do that, but within a crazy framework of fixed ideas, claims, and bogus statements about all sorts of things.

Realize that for any human being what truly defines him or her is what, how and where one LOOKS (as a habit, as a trait of personality, as an obsession, as a curiosity, as whatever . . . ). There are a near infinite amount of topics, situations, realities, imaginary worlds and more to "consider", and we each do it differently. Digging into THAT process can explain a great deal for any person (if THAT is one of your "interests").

That was really good because it reveals one of the ways that people get crazy-glued into the cult of Scientology to the point where they can't think, um-- clearly.

1. The person has a problem (hiccups).

2. They are given an "attention focusing" ritual to practice. Pick virtually any auditing command or level. In the case of the hiccup-tech, they are told to say aloud the word "NOW" in the micro-send just before their next involunary hiccup.

3. The magic word is changed. Instead of having them utter the word "NOW!" they are given a completely different mantra. "JESUS!" (Overlay of a special holy "significance" or meaning to what is otherwise quite mundane.)

4. The hiccups stop.

5. The person rapturously achieves salvation. Jesus is tearfully praised and profusely thanked for the undeniable miracle. The person now "knows" with absolute certainty that Jesus is the way to salvation. Donations to the church increase, proselytizing of the true faith begins.

Hubbard thus provided people with a way to stop their hiccups reactive mind. Examples of his magic words include "Clear" or "OT" or "Bridge"

Or simply: "The Tech Works".

It fairly well explains why people can get terrorized, starved, kidnapped, imprisoned, tortured and beaten by the cult of Scientology and blow--only to instantly re-emerge in an alternate cult of Scientology and continue their unabated, reverential worship of "the tech" (Ciao Indies!).

Some folks on this site are still talking about wanting others to have the same "wins" they had using "the tech". They focus their attention (using a "process") and naturally see an effect, which they wholeheartedly attribute to one or more of Hubbard's holy words. They confuse the effect with the incantation verbiage.

When I was 9 and discovered the tech of clearing hiccups, I shoulda started a cult and written an HCOB (Hiccups Cure Office Bulletin).

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

8. Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by petal View Post
    Dear, Veda:

This is the part I am intrested in (the 1950s). It seems the 50s resulted with the most diamonds in the muck. The is a lot of muck to search throught though!

petal
    Have you ever considered having a go at doing 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia'?
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

Talking Re: Just completed the Route 1 processes from the book CHA

OY!!!
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

11. Thanks Stat says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Jump, Stat liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by SweetnessandLight View Post
    OY!!!
    VEY!!!
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    Scientologist: 1974 - 2008
    Ex-scientologist: 2008 - 2014
    Human Being: 2014 -
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

13. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

Obviously a skipped gradient.

Steo One:

In 1937 a book titled, 'The Middle Pillar' by Israel Regardie was published.

Wrote Regardie:

"[Psycho-therapeutic] Analysis is the logical precursor of spiritual attainment and Magical experiment... Not until the mind and the emotional system have been cleansed and unified by the cathartic process... can the full spiritual benefits of magical work be reflected into the mind of man.

"...We should remember the parables of the archaic philosophical religions whose fundamental tenet was that within man was a spirit, a dynamic center of consciousness which, because of its contact and association with matter, had been plunged into a profound sleep, a kind of somnambulism...

"By endeavoring to extend the horizon of consciousness, to enlarge the field of awareness so as to embrace what previously was unconscious, is obviously a logical method. To become aware of all our actions, our thoughts and emotions and unsuspected motives, to regard them in their true light as actually they are and not as we would like them to be or as we would wish an onlooker to perceive them. It requires, to take this step, an extraordinary degree of honesty and courage... The more of this suppressed and forgotten material stored in this at one time unknown or dormant side of our nature that can be raised to the clear light of day, by exactly so much do we awake from the inert stupor into which we have in the past been plunged."

The 'Tree of Life': http://www.cosmiclight.com/oflightan...s/treelife.jpg

Step three:

This audio/video is sometimes difficult to hear but, if one clicks the top, and goes to YouTube video, there's a transcription of it.

This is Carl Jung addressing his Soul, or perhaps "Higher Self" or "Over Soul" would be a better description.

There are many views on how the notion of a Soul (capital "S") should be regarded. One holds that the person on Earth is no more his entire being than a finger tip is the entire physical body. Re-uniting the finger tip with the rest of the body (the "lower soul" with the "Higher Soul"), according to some, will occur at the end of the person's physical life. Others attempt this connection in this life through prayer, meditation, and other mental/spiritual disciplines.

In Scientology, there is no "Higher Self" or "Higher Soul" recognized, and Scientologists tend to see themselves as the compete expression of their being, They are "thetans" who proudly announce that they do not have a soul but are a soul. Yet, what if there is a Higher Soul, and Scientologists have cut themselves off from that? The result: many little Scientologists with giant egos, cut off from further spiritual exploration that may have made then whole.

Years ago, I even experimented ("squirrelling") with this area, using the basic format of an auditing session. The client ("pc"), after a brief description/discussion of the notion of a Higher Self, was asked if there was (forgive the Scientologese, it was a long time ago) an "ARC break" with the Higher Self, with idea of opening a line of communication. It was interesting but not earth-shaking.

It's perhaps noteworthy that Aleister Crowley wrote of "the knowledge and conversation with one's Holy Guardian Angel" as an objective of Magic(k)al study and exercise. Crowley, towards the end of his life, admitted that his "Holy Guardian Angel" may not have been a separate being, but an aspect of his own mind.

(And to Scientologists reading this. No, this is not about "BTs.")

Even Hubbard wrote (in the 1940s) of his Guardian Angel, whom he named, and seemed to regard her (it was a female) as a separate being.

In any event, this audio/visio by Jung is worth hearing, IMO. It does appear the Jung regarded himself as the lesser expression of a greater Being (no matter how one wishes to word it), one with which he wished to re-acquaint himself.

Step two would be 'Batra'. See post #8 on this thread.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

15. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Red face Re: Just completed the Route 1 processes from the book CHA

That's much better, Veda, Thank you!

Now we can dance!!!

Good old Papa Jung... I will never understand why ignorant people insist that psychology does not accept and address mankind's spiritual nature, as well as the physical being.

I talk with my higher self often every day...sometimes it's almost a constant ongoing conversation!

I trust it...however you want to define it...it serves me, my highest good and being on purpose very well, and I'm SO GRATEFUL!!!

( see the thread: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...ude-The-Thread )
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast