Thread: A Photographic update on Int Base

Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Default A Photographic update on Int Base

Tony Ortega at the Village voice has published a whole series of photos of Int Base, for those interested. The article is

Scientology's Concentration Camp: Where Can Miscavige Put "The Hole" Now?

<snip>
    It was Parman who told Morehead that he'd seen something unusual at the base: out by the Old Gilman House, there was some new fencing, about a hundred feet back of the actual perimeter fence of the base itself, and it featured some kind of webbing -- like at a tennis court -- to block the view of whatever was behind it.

Morehead conveyed the news to me, saying that the fence seemed significant, especially with the material to block the view from the roadway. Could it have something to do with church leader David Miscavige relocating the prisoners of "the Hole" now that the jig was up?

Over the next few hours, I talked at length with Morehead, Parman, and the last defector to come out of the base, John Brousseau, who left in 2010. In that conversation, I learned a lot about the base, and I also learned that Sinar Parman had some never-before-seen photos of the base taken in September from a helicopter, and that he was willing to share them with our readers.

Parman had taken the photos while he was along with Mark Bunker, who hired the helicopter to take footage for his upcoming documentary, Knowledge Report.

Because he took detailed photos of the base in September, Parman realized that the fence he saw a couple of weeks ago was new.

First, before we look at Parman's photos and examine the different places where Miscavige could move the current residents of the Hole, let's orient ourselves (click on images to enlarge them).
    Click through to see the photos and more details: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...p_the_hole.php
    The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished. Nelson Demille.

My Story: - Sydney, Melbourne, Saint Hill - Becoming Free to Shine...

2. Thanks vumba, freethinker, BardoThodol says "thank you" for this post
    Patron
    Australia. The " land of droughts and flooding rains"

Default Re: A Photographic update on Int Base

Quote Originally Posted by Free to shine View Post
    Tony Ortega at the Village voice has published a whole series of photos of Int Base, for those interested. The article is

Click through to see the photos and more details: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...p_the_hole.php
    Hey, Free to shine, maybe the PRESIDENT of the church of scientology is being released?????? 12 years in the "HOLE" is wicked and cruel.
    Perhaps the PRESIDENT of scientology here in Australia Vicki Dunstan is making it "go right" that the poor man (her senior right?) is going to see the light of day?
    I freakin' hope so.

Silver Meritorious Patron BardoThodol's Avatar

God, I love pictures of the base. All those blue roofs. I'm thinking of doing a mural on the family-room wall.

I had always thought the "hole" with the double-wide trailers was much smaller. It's a veritable mansion compared to what I had imagined. It doesn't even seem to be up on cinder blocks. So, how do you keep out the snakes?....

Oh...., dumb question. A snake's running the show, has a key, and can come in anytime he wants.

5. Likes freethinker, Jump, Lone Star liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron freethinker's Avatar

Thanks FTS, I can't help but think the the Hi Def satelite shots at the end were for Davy to contemplate about A LOT.

I think Tony is messing with his head in a way that Dave never thought would happen.
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

"Sometimes experts use their experience not to explore the future, but merely to protect the past."
    ~ Dr. Michael Hewitt-Gleeson

7. Likes Free to shine liked this post
    Shiny Free Crusader Free to shine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Thanks FTS, I can't help but think the the Hi Def satelite shots at the end were for Davy to contemplate about A LOT.

I think Tony is messing with his head in a way that Dave never thought would happen.
    Absolutely agree. No place to run .... no place to hide.
    The problem with doing nothing is not knowing when you're finished. Nelson Demille.

My Story: - Sydney, Melbourne, Saint Hill - Becoming Free to Shine...

9. Likes Mister Mike liked this post