Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51

Thread: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

  1. #41

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunvegan View Post
    I just started reading the Bill Franks threads last evening...you have a excellent point, Gottabrain, regarding strategies for prosecution and the witness pool that is breaking free and thinking for themselves (and of others.) It is most promising and a very important development indeed.

    Yes, Marty has world-view issues, and that affects his actions. It is clear, and in the way you have pointed out, it is very unlikely his current visions will be attainable.


    The thread did begin about Marty...which is where I began. When Mike and Marty blew, I had high hopes. Then when everything stalled into inaction, I sat and watched for month upon month and marveled at the weirdness of the "Reformation Church of Scientology" that Rathburn and Rinder were devolving.


    I am grateful for your pointing me to Steve Manning and will be reading for the other new exes that are exiting and posting.


    It's been a long haul...I suppose I rant from time to time. Forgive me for that. But I do believe that "justice delayed is justice denied" so I look forward to the unraveling...a syndicate is a hard nut to crack...but usually they implode, as you infer, Gottabrain.


    Thanks.
    For what it's worth...I agree with what Gottabrain is saying, but I think it's important that the view you are expressing is expressed. People should be screaming for justice!

  2. Thanks Dunvegan says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Dunvegan, Free to shine liked this post
  3. #42
    Patron with Honors
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Marty Rathbun is Big in the U.K., Still Waiting for Major U.S. Treatment

    By Tony Ortega Sun., Apr. 8 2012

    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin..._big_in_uk.php

  4. Thanks Free to shine, degraded being says "thank you" for this post
  5. #43

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Quote Originally Posted by Freeminds View Post
    ... I assume you audit more than two Hubbard victims a month, Terril? ...
    Like myself, TP doesn't have an auditing practice.


    Mark A. Baker
    "Hubbard is alive and well. He lives through his
    creations."
    - Purple Rain



    "Because nothing has the be true forever. Just for long enough, to tell you the truth."

    - T. Pratchett, The Truth

  6. #44
    Patron with Honors elwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    385

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Marty says the article contains a "juvenile description" of the OTIII materials. Looks like what Hubbard wrote to me. Still denying OTIII, Marty? Apparently, he thinks he can pick and choose which parts of LRH's writings to use.

  7. Likes Dunvegan liked this post
  8. #45

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Quote Originally Posted by elwood View Post
    Marty says the article contains a "juvenile description" of the OTIII materials. Looks like what Hubbard wrote to me. Still denying OTIII, Marty? Apparently, he thinks he can pick and choose which parts of LRH's writings to use.
    Years ago I surveyed maybe 20 FZers re OT 3. Most didn't really
    take it literally.

    You do the instructions on the can and it seems to work for most.

    Also commented that PAB 12 is the reason it works. very few have commented on that or agree with me.

    So shoot me! I'm a squirrels Squirrel. One day I may even surpass
    Paul.

  9. Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post
  10. #46
    Sponsor Veda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,649

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Quote Originally Posted by elwood View Post
    Marty says the article contains a "juvenile description" of the OTIII materials. Looks like what Hubbard wrote to me. Still denying OTIII, Marty? Apparently, he thinks he can pick and choose which parts of LRH's writings to use.
    Marty is still delivery OT3. I doubt if he's telling his pcs that Incident 2 of OT 3 is an allegory. He knows that the theory of the time track, of incidents on the time track, of "perfect duplication," of "time, place, form and event,' etc, involve literal incidents not "allegories."

    He's pushing the PR line (and it's an old one) that Incident 2 of OT 3 is an allegory, etc., firstly to teach his followers to handle "wogs' with that PR line and, then, to, himself, handle the "wogs" with that PR line.

    It's extremely deceitful.
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

  11. Thanks SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Caliwog liked this post
  12. #47
    Sponsor Veda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,649

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    Years ago I surveyed maybe 20 FZers re OT 3. Most didn't really
    take it literally.

    -snip-
    You're full of it. The video of you handling a "wog" anon with the "allegory" line was recently posted.

    You must know that Incident 2 (the INCIDENT) in an integral part of OT 3. Without INCIDENT 2 there is no OT 3.

    Do you understand Hubbard's teachings on the time track? Do you understand that allegories do not "as is"?
    Visit the Ex Scientologist Message Board web site for selected content from ESMB and more: http://exscn.net/

  13. #48
    Patron with Honors idrizomare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    127

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDENT

    I think Marty's blog is a celebration of his mid-life crisis. He spent his adult life working in Scientology, rising all the way up to the post of IJ-who-gives-a-darn. He may have been famous in the church, but few outside had ever heard of him. As a long-time Scientology watcher, I only knew his name as a Barbara Schwarz fantasy before he blew.

    Anyway, look at all the stuff Marty writes. It's consistently wrapped up in his importance, including his claimed ability to put the malefactors in the church behind bars. It pains me to see critics unhappy with him for not doing that. It means they believed his self-important story. It further pains me to read Marty's excuse for why it hasn't happened: that the CoS is too smart to be ensnared by the FBI. Yes, the same CoS he mocks constantly for being too dumb to tie its own shoelaces.

    As for his Scientology beliefs, he could either be sincere or a charlatan. For what it's worth (pretty much nothing), I think he's sincere.

    His blog occasionally publishes interesting tidbits, usually as a comment from someone that Marty lets through as a magnanimous gesture. Not nearly as common as on ESMB unfortunately.

    Marty's probably hit his peak level of fame, which is still not that much. Sure, he's well known in Scientology circles, but ask people who were never in Scientology and aren't critics or anons about him. They'll have no clue. The only Scientology names those folks (that is, most people) will offer are Hubbard, Tom Cruise, and possibly John Travolta. Marty's blog, the big news in Scientology you'd think from reading it, has a reach of 0.0023% according to Alexa. Just about the same as scientology.org.

    About OT III, it's ironic that relatively few scientologists are supposed to know about it, but it's practically the only thing non-scientologists ever hear about CoS in popular depictions like South Park or The Colbert Report.

  14. Likes johnAnchovie, Dunvegan liked this post
  15. #49

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDENT

    Quote Originally Posted by idrizomare View Post
    I think Marty's blog is a celebration of his mid-life crisis. He spent his adult life working in Scientology, rising all the way up to the post of IJ-who-gives-a-darn. He may have been famous in the church, but few outside had ever heard of him. As a long-time Scientology watcher, I only knew his name as a Barbara Schwarz fantasy before he blew.

    Anyway, look at all the stuff Marty writes. It's consistently wrapped up in his importance, including his claimed ability to put the malefactors in the church behind bars. It pains me to see critics unhappy with him for not doing that. It means they believed his self-important story. It further pains me to read Marty's excuse for why it hasn't happened: that the CoS is too smart to be ensnared by the FBI. Yes, the same CoS he mocks constantly for being too dumb to tie its own shoelaces.

    As for his Scientology beliefs, he could either be sincere or a charlatan. For what it's worth (pretty much nothing), I think he's sincere.

    His blog occasionally publishes interesting tidbits, usually as a comment from someone that Marty lets through as a magnanimous gesture. Not nearly as common as on ESMB unfortunately.

    Marty's probably hit his peak level of fame, which is still not that much. Sure, he's well known in Scientology circles, but ask people who were never in Scientology and aren't critics or anons about him. They'll have no clue. The only Scientology names those folks (that is, most people) will offer are Hubbard, Tom Cruise, and possibly John Travolta. Marty's blog, the big news in Scientology you'd think from reading it, has a reach of 0.0023% according to Alexa. Just about the same as scientology.org.

    About OT III, it's ironic that relatively few scientologists are supposed to know about it, but it's practically the only thing non-scientologists ever hear about CoS in popular depictions like South Park or The Colbert Report.
    Spot on.


    Mark A. Baker
    "Hubbard is alive and well. He lives through his
    creations."
    - Purple Rain



    "Because nothing has the be true forever. Just for long enough, to tell you the truth."

    - T. Pratchett, The Truth

  16. #50
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    20,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Big story about Marty Rathbun in THE INDEPENDANT

    Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post

    Also commented that PAB 12 is the reason it works. very few have commented on that or agree with me.
    I've commented before on that and I will do so again.

    The idea is absurd. I think you latched onto this because both PAB 12 and Hubbard's ridiculous Incident 2 contain explosions.

    So there.

    Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Marty Rathbun
    By Terril park in forum General discussion
    Replies: 381
    Last Post: 30th January 2010, 01:33 AM
  2. A Question for Marty Rathbun
    By Zinjifar in forum General discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 15th December 2009, 05:13 AM
  3. Marty Rathbun and Co.
    By failmeansfail in forum General discussion
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 14th December 2009, 10:58 AM
  4. This story is about Marty Rathbun, by Jesse Prince
    By Pooks in forum General discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 3rd October 2009, 01:32 AM
  5. Marty Rathbun
    By Flyonthewall in forum The Attick
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20th September 2007, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •