Thread: Hubbturd got his "dynamics" from Alesitar Crowley! Check this out - THELEMA

Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Hubbturd got his "dynamics" from Alesitar Crowley! Check this out - THELEMA

Duty is described as "A note on the chief rules of practical conduct to be observed by those who accept the Law of Thelema."[81] It is not a numbered "Liber" as are all the documents which Crowley intended for A∴A∴, but rather listed as a document intended specifically for Ordo Templi Orientis.[81] There are four sections:[82]

• A. Your Duty to Self: describes the self as the center of the universe, with a call to learn about one's inner nature. Admonishes the reader to develop every faculty in a balanced way, establish one's autonomy, and to devote oneself to the service of one's own True Will.
    • B. Your Duty to Others: An admonishment to eliminate the illusion of separateness between oneself and all others, to fight when necessary, to avoid interfering with the Wills of others, to enlighten others when needed, and to worship the divine nature of all other beings.
    • C. Your Duty to Mankind: States that the Law of Thelema should be the sole basis of conduct. That the laws of the land should have the aim of securing the greatest liberty for all individuals. Crime is described as being a violation of one's True Will.
    • D. Your Duty to All Other Beings and Things: States that the Law of Thelema should be applied to all problems and used to decide every ethical question. It is a violation of the Law of Thelema to use any animal or object for a purpose for which it is unfit, or to ruin things so that they are useless for their purpose. Natural resources can be used by man, but this should not be done wantonly, or the breach of the law will be avenged. For instance, deforestation can cause soil erosion.

2. Thanks Sindy, Osiris says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Default Re: Hubbturd got his "dynamics" from Alesitar Crowley! Check this out - THELEMA

It's definitely close, and any coincidental similarity can be argued away by simple fact that LRH had known ties to Crowley.

Thumbs up Re: Hubbturd got his "dynamics" from Alesitar Crowley! Check this out - THELEMA

Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

Patron with Honors

Default Re: Hubbturd got his "dynamics" from Alesitar Crowley! Check this out - THELEMA

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    It's definitely close, and any coincidental similarity can be argued away by simple fact that LRH had known ties to Crowley.
    Known ties? This is the trouble with people quoting second-hand knowledge.

LRH was fully fledged member of the OTO. I know because I am also. The Bridge and many supposed Scientology principles were taken from the Masonic degree structure, The Golden Dawn and A∴A∴ and OTO. In particular certain drills such as OT TR 0 etc. Why do you think Scientology catagorises Masons as a suppressive group? To keep it's members from looking of course.

The idea that man can become God is prevalent with Thelema, Theosophy and the new age movement which were popular amongst the intelligentsia of Hubbard's early adult years.

See here: http://www.oto-usa.org/init.html

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Unhappy Re: Hubbturd got his "dynamics" from Alesitar Crowley! Check this out - THELEMA

Which unfortunately leaves off the "and so it harms none" part which prefaces "do what thou wilt".

Which totally corrupts it's meaning, so far as I am concerned...

So much for LOVE under the law...
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington