Thread: Happy Easter

Default Happy Easter

This morning I attended the Easter Service at Hill Country Bible Church. There were around three thousand people in attendance. They were all very excited as Easter is the Celebration of Jesus Christ being risen. There were three services with a total of about 10,000 people all together and no one had to call them up to ensure they would be there. No one had to reg them. They didn't have to buy a book or start a course. They didn't have to give a donation or offering unless they wanted to. In fact when the collection plate was passed around, the Pastor announced that you did not have to feel obligated to give anything. Wow, that sure is different than Scientology.

I started thinking about what L Ron Hubbard had said about Jesus Christ. "Christ was an implant." "Jesus Christ was a lover of young boys and was prone to outbursts of anger." As I thought about these things Hubbard had said, I looked around and thought it sure would be funny if old L Ron Hubbard would get up in front of this congregation and begin one of his many dumb ass lectures. They would have thrown him out on his big fat ass.

Christianity seems to me to be the complete opposite of Scientology. Scientology has the eight dynamics with God being the last one at number eight and in all of the many years I was in Scientology it never had anything to do with God.

I am not attempting to convert anyone to Christianity. It was just an interesting observation I had made today at Church and made me realize what a mockery Scientology is of a real religion whether it be Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or whatever. Scientology is out for your money and that is all.

2. Thanks KissMyStats, Commander Birdsong, Kutta, Jump, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post
    Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

Red face Re: Happy Easter

Happy Easter, everyone!

Last edited by SweetnessandLight; 9th April 2012 at 05:29 AM.
    Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

4. Likes Dean Blair, Kutta liked this post

Red face Re: Happy Easter

This old Cross begins Easter morning empty and undecorated... then as worshipers come into church, they add their own flowers cut from their gardens to make a beautiful display... a collective effort that makes for a beautiful display for Easter.

Yes, you can fly, but first you have to break out of that cocoon. You are capable of self rescue at all times. "Every blade of grass has its own special angel watching over it and whispering, 'grow...grow'." -The Talmud "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be, for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our disposition, and not upon our circumstances." -Martha Washington

6. Likes Kutta, Dean Blair liked this post

Wink Re: Happy Easter

8. Likes Jump liked this post

Default Re: Happy Easter

Remember, Jesus had a bad weekend for you...

Happy Passover to those of us to whom Easter does not apply.

11. Thanks Smilla, SweetnessandLight says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Blair View Post
    This morning I attended the Easter Service at Hill Country Bible Church. There were around three thousand people in attendance. They were all very excited as Easter is the Celebration of Jesus Christ being risen. There were three services with a total of about 10,000 people all together and no one had to call them up to ensure they would be there. No one had to reg them. They didn't have to buy a book or start a course. They didn't have to give a donation or offering unless they wanted to. In fact when the collection plate was passed around, the Pastor announced that you did not have to feel obligated to give anything. Wow, that sure is different than Scientology.

I started thinking about what L Ron Hubbard had said about Jesus Christ. "Christ was an implant." "Jesus Christ was a lover of young boys and was prone to outbursts of anger." As I thought about these things Hubbard had said, I looked around and thought it sure would be funny if old L Ron Hubbard would get up in front of this congregation and begin one of his many dumb ass lectures. They would have thrown him out on his big fat ass.

Christianity seems to me to be the complete opposite of Scientology. Scientology has the eight dynamics with God being the last one at number eight and in all of the many years I was in Scientology it never had anything to do with God.

I am not attempting to convert anyone to Christianity. It was just an interesting observation I had made today at Church and made me realize what a mockery Scientology is of a real religion whether it be Christianity, Islam, Buddhism or whatever. Scientology is out for your money and that is all.
    kyrie elieson
    I didn't drink the KoolAid but I sure did drink the wine
    I wasn't on the spot but I sure did walk the line
    You know I saw her coming but I didn't hear her go
    'Cuz she said goodbye to me years before she said hello

http://cmdrbirdsong.org

http://churchofamericanscience.org/

Silver Meritorious Patron WildKat's Avatar

Christianity has its own issues and I'm not advocating it as a replacement for Scientology. But at least they got compassion and forgiveness right.

If I were to advocate anything to replace Scientology for those who are looking I'd say why not try some common sense and love and compassion for those less fortunate?

If the Mormon church didn't have that 10% thing, the magic underwear and their secret and wierd beliefs and rituals, they would be a great group because they really have the community networking thing down really well.

(Does Romney really have a chance???)

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    And don't forget Hanuman Jayanti too.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Chag sameach!

"Your Freezone stinks."

-
    Steve Hall

"It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

- Terril Park