Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Yoga

  1. #1
    Unbeliever uniquemand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Kingstown, RI
    Posts
    8,807

    Default Yoga

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gip5sjGy8pM

    "Processing", IMO, is only one dimension that needs to be addressed! A person should also be doing something to maintain their body (or improve it), have plans and be executing them (to make the changes they perceive as in alignment with their purposes and goals), etc. Yoga is a great way to tune your body and mind together. Whenever I do it, I come out feeling a serenity that doesn't come through processing, typically (though it sometimes does as the "auditor").

  2. Likes change liked this post
  3. #2
    Patron with Honors StickbyMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    143

    Default Re: Yoga

    I enjoy yoga despite being exceptionally bad at it. Being 6'6" and 270lbs does not make Downward Dog any easier.

    What style do you do? For a while my girlfriend and I were taking a weekly Iyengar class.

  4. Likes change liked this post
  5. #3
    Ordinary Human Smilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the deep waters
    Posts
    7,893
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Yoga

    Quote Originally Posted by uniquemand View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gip5sjGy8pM

    "Processing", IMO, is only one dimension that needs to be addressed! A person should also be doing something to maintain their body (or improve it), have plans and be executing them (to make the changes they perceive as in alignment with their purposes and goals), etc. Yoga is a great way to tune your body and mind together. Whenever I do it, I come out feeling a serenity that doesn't come through processing, typically (though it sometimes does as the "auditor").
    I've been practicing yoga since my early teens - following in my Dads footsteps, and love it. Don't think I could live without it.
    "Your Freezone stinks."

    -
    Steve Hall

    "It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

    - Terril Park


  6. #4
    Silver Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beside the seaside, beside the sea.
    Posts
    1,516
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Yoga

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
    I've been practicing yoga since my early teens - following in my Dads footsteps, and love it. Don't think I could live without it.
    Smilla, you are a role model of the healthy lifestyle I am aiming for, but you actually do it.
    Innocue vivito: Live harmlessly.
    Numen adest: The spirit is close

  7. Thanks Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Smilla liked this post
  8. #5
    Unbeliever uniquemand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    North Kingstown, RI
    Posts
    8,807

    Default Re: Yoga

    Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    I enjoy yoga despite being exceptionally bad at it. Being 6'6" and 270lbs does not make Downward Dog any easier.

    What style do you do? For a while my girlfriend and I were taking a weekly Iyengar class.
    When I do it (not frequently enough) I do heat yoga. My muscles and tendons are far too tight to get into the poses unless they are warm. Even then, it's an effort.

  9. #6
    Ordinary Human Smilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the deep waters
    Posts
    7,893
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Re: Yoga

    "Your Freezone stinks."

    -
    Steve Hall

    "It is true that the term FZ includes many varients of Scn, and some may be inadequate. Or even wrong headed."

    - Terril Park


  10. Thanks I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
  11. #7
    Silver Meritorious Patron BardoThodol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: Yoga

    She's 93 and doing the peacock? Wow! That ain't easy.

  12. Thanks Smilla says "thank you" for this post
  13. #8
    Silver Meritorious Patron BardoThodol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,401

    Default Re: Yoga

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilla View Post
    The cats are constantly interfering with my wife when she does yoga. I showed her this video and she said, "Well, at least my pussies don't attack my pussy."

  14. Thanks Smilla says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Smilla liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines 1935
    By Jachs in forum Human Potential, self discovery outside and beyond Scientology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26th July 2011, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •