Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HE&R - Human Emotion and Reaction

Default Re: HE&R - Human Emotion and Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by degraded being View Post
    I don't want to derail the HE&R topic, but what interested me in his brainwashed speel was that it was Debbie Cook's letter that got him out the door.....after a vomit making story about applying fatty's "conditions".
    Totally. Perhaps when people ask what to say to SO members they want to rescue, we should just have them print Debbie's letter and give it to them.

As to his being brainwashed, he's how a lot of us are on the way out. The man spent a literal fortune and a lot of his life dedicated to a cause. The Bridge defined him for so long, it would be inhuman to just let that go instantly. I think he did an amazing job of looking at actual statistics and realizing that something is very rotten in the state of Denma--- er, Dianetics. He just made Grade 0 on the REAL Bridge to Freedom. Give him a year or two living amongst the wogbogs in the bogwogs and he'll come around the rest of the way.

Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Birdsong View Post
    HE&R:

human emotion and reaction

also:

human emotion and response
    I don't recall reading the 2nd definition in any Scieno literature. Is that a HubDef or your own?

3. Thanks Commander Birdsong says "thank you" for this post
    On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Hey, all of you on this thread,

KNOCK OFF THE BACKFLASH!!!!

Also, NO CASE ON POST!
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNoUser View Post
    I don't recall reading the 2nd definition in any Scieno literature. Is that a HubDef or your own?
    dunno...

maybe just verbal tech

but in fact when tempered by the second rendering the term has a saner perspective
    I didn't drink the KoolAid but I sure did drink the wine
    I wasn't on the spot but I sure did walk the line
    You know I saw her coming but I didn't hear her go
    'Cuz she said goodbye to me years before she said hello

http://cmdrbirdsong.org

http://churchofamericanscience.org/

Patron with Honors TheRealNoUser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Birdsong View Post
    dunno...

maybe just verbal tech

but in fact when tempered by the second rendering the term has a saner perspective
    You're right. That's what I thought. It's too sane for a HubDef !

Hubbard always ensured definitions had a certain impact, and made sure it caused the right degree of alienation.

1. He used the word "Human" to make sure that Scientologists felt superior to your run-of-the-mill humanoid, and so that they would never want to return to such a debased state as a "Human".

2. He used the word "Emotion" so that Scientologists would distrust their emotions, and simply regard them as an animal instinct that his "Homo Novis" was far above.

3. He used the word "Reaction" to remind Scientologists that it is the "Reactive Mind" that simply reacts to things ... to be avoided at all costs.

The fact is - Human Emotion & Reaction are far superior to anything taught in Scientology. They are instincts that are both beautiful and valuable.

Listening to these instincts would cause anyone to run a mile from Scientology. Hubbard knew this, and wanted to belittle and destroy them.

TRNU.

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Totally. Perhaps when people ask what to say to SO members they want to rescue, we should just have them print Debbie's letter and give it to them.

As to his being brainwashed, he's how a lot of us are on the way out. The man spent a literal fortune and a lot of his life dedicated to a cause. The Bridge defined him for so long, it would be inhuman to just let that go instantly. I think he did an amazing job of looking at actual statistics and realizing that something is very rotten in the state of Denma--- er, Dianetics. He just made Grade 0 on the REAL Bridge to Freedom. Give him a year or two living amongst the wogbogs in the bogwogs and he'll come around the rest of the way.
    Not always I know some out for ten years and they are still so sucked into it that I don't think they will ever leave it behind. It took me many years to wake up myself and once I started to read about since especially about the resource based economy data I woke up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12