Thread: Scientology cult targets university.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scientology cult targets university.

. . . So what is the proper response to this odious organization? Ridicule. Intelligent ridicule punctures the pretensions of know-nothings who make it their mission in life to lead others astray. While sober debate has its time and place, charlatans like these disciples of Hubbard are undeserving of serious consideration and will simply convert any real argument into a perception of legitimacy for their cause. This can’t be allowed, and debate isn’t necessary. Proponents of un-falsifiable dogmas exist by definition outside the bounds of scientific debate, and can be safely ignored without consequence. The proper response to ideas espoused by a dangerous cult is not jousting at windmills, but exclusion and scorn.
    QFT

3. Thanks Jquepublic, I told you I was trouble says "thank you" for this post
    Likes I told you I was trouble liked this post

Yep, thats the way ... they are cultic stand up comedians and we owe it to them to laugh and heckle them now and again.

The birds they sang, at the break of day
    Start again, I seemed to hear them say
    Do not dwell on what has passed away
    or what is yet to be ...

Leonard Cohen.

5. Likes Ogsonofgroo, Infinite liked this post

Yeah that is very spot on innit?

7. Likes I told you I was trouble liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by degraded being View Post
    One of the finest synopses I've seen.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
    "Laws are like cobwebs, which may catch small flies, but let wasps and hornets break through". Jonathan Swift

“Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.” Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde

9. Likes Arthur Dent liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

From the article:

While it may seem unfair to label Scientology a cult considering the fact that virtually every major religion began in much the same way, I simply don’t care.

Thanks for finding and posting this most excellent article!

11. Likes I told you I was trouble liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Ogsonofgroo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great little write-up there indeed!
    It doesn't come as much of a surprize that CoS continues to try and recruit in institutes of higher learning, after all, if a student can afford to get an education in a university or college then gee-wiz, surely a potential resource of milk-cows eh! (thinkin' back to the 80's when the cult encouraged Fla. victims to apply for gov't student grants etc.)
    In my heart of hearts I hope that the students and admins are on this like flies on stink, armed with some decent research and enough good questions to drive the charlatans back out onto the streets and off the campus'. (hm, a nice big group of students standing around pointing and laughing and handing out protest fliers highlighting the stupid behind things like the 'stress test' & OCA, could be quite effective me thinkin')

Bottom line~ mocking the cult aids inoculation of the vunerable masses.
    'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd

Silver Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by Ogsonofgroo View Post
    (hm, a nice big group of students standing around pointing and laughing and handing out protest fliers highlighting the stupid behind things like the 'stress test' & OCA, could be quite effective me thinkin')

Bottom line~ mocking the cult aids inoculation of the vunerable masses.
    At any rate, it sure would be fun!

14. Likes Ogsonofgroo liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Ogsonofgroo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by olska View Post
    At any rate, it sure would be fun!
    Absolutely! Also a learning curve on critical skeptisism imho, a skill that I think should be taught at a young age, along with respect, life skills (like cooking, sewing, budgeting, basic hygene and social interaction etc.), and how to research.

Onward and upward!

Checking back on the comments section of the OP's article is purty interstin', one sad, inane apologist in the first 16, some obviously informed anons and a couple of ex's, it'd be nice to see more input from the students and staff~

Quick update, apologist Amberly R. Gahagan gets her sorry ass-hattery handed back on a platter~
    Great comments!

'Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid.'
    Marcus Aurelius

THE BIG LIST of EX'S who have Spoken Out fx'd