Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't anybody update CF?

Default Doesn't anybody update CF?

I've had the same cell # since before I joined the Sea Org. Kept my phone the whole way through. But I get calls from orgs that new me as a Sea Org member all the time, except that they don't know I was a Sea Org member!

Example: When I was at Phil org as their FBO, I lived with a couple of staff members, including the PES. Now, admittedly I wasn't there very long, but when I get calls from Philly checking to see if I still live in that house...

Anyway, I thought of it because the NYO called me today. The message said that she wasn't sure what service I had bought but somehow they had my name in their CF and she wanted to talk to me about some books or something. I've never paid for a service at NYO (or really any org. Did most of my training and processing either as a kid or as a staff member), never bought a book from them. But there are plenty of staff there who personally know me as well as a lot of SO members. Don't they ever update the damn files?

2. Likes Coyote13 liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Doesn't anybody update CF?

No Stick...the staff are so busy with writing up KR's on each other, they can't seem to get that done! It is up to the Oatee Committee to do that dirty work so the CF are outdated. They don't care that it is outdated...as long as they have a body to call -they get a stat. It is impossible to get off their lists due to the stats being more important than any potential ARCX - you will have to pay an auditor to find out what you did wrong to clear any HE&R you may have due to getting called by people that don't even care if you are in, out or dead. As long as they have a body....? Idle Morgues are working on the CF files but they just file - no order put in. This is Scientology, after all, no order, no care, no love!

Well I had luck. About 6 years ago, and i don't know how, but they found my address. And I started getting mailings from some of the major orgs.

Well...I cut out the address stickers/areas from each one and wrote letters to each of the orgs (I think it was only 4 orgs sending...aola and such).

I said "I'm including the codes for you" and that "In no uncertain terms, I do not want any mailings from you" I wish I could remember what else i said...something referring to a policy I recall.... I remember being polite but firm in my request.

But the mailings did completely stop...I was stunned.

I attribute that to my making it easier for them...as I included the face of each type of mailing from each org...and as I recall that included some code that could have helped them.

In my days at the org...the cf was a mess...but that was along time ago...and computers were not involved with a cf. Must have cost a fortune in time for them to put the cf on a hard drive....and all for not I'm sure....interrupted call-in duties no doubt. lol. Certainly didn't help clear the planet. But that's ok...didn't need clearing anyway.....all a waste of time.

Blog Entries

CF is a joke. There is no income/profit from it.
    It's Scientology' Yellow/White Pages of sorts.

Every org has it and tries to keep it up to date,
    yet ultimately it's utterly irrelevant and they know it.

Reges have their "hot prospects" own "CF".
    The only CF/list in this cult that matters.
    "If you have an innocence of being, curiosity about life, a liking of people, and a feeling of sweetness inside, you have everything." ~ Smilla's Mom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    I've had the same cell # since before I joined the Sea Org. Kept my phone the whole way through. But I get calls from orgs that new me as a Sea Org member all the time, except that they don't know I was a Sea Org member!

Example: When I was at Phil org as their FBO, I lived with a couple of staff members, including the PES. Now, admittedly I wasn't there very long, but when I get calls from Philly checking to see if I still live in that house...

Anyway, I thought of it because the NYO called me today. The message said that she wasn't sure what service I had bought but somehow they had my name in their CF and she wanted to talk to me about some books or something. I've never paid for a service at NYO (or really any org. Did most of my training and processing either as a kid or as a staff member), never bought a book from them. But there are plenty of staff there who personally know me as well as a lot of SO members. Don't they ever update the damn files?
    Some dude named Adam called me last year and mentioned a letter I wrote when I was a kid, I "liked seafood and movies" lol. I'm in my 30's now( and my tastes have broadened hella :P) lol. He didn't seem to be aware that I had taken a few courses either, and been raised in $cientology( yes, even after he mentioned having a letter from me when I was a kid ). That individual sure didn't seem to be working on current or accurate information, (well, he got my name right at least:P). He did ask for my address to send me the basics(and then to update their info, so he was trying to update stuff, maybe lol) and I declined, and then some chick named Lisa got on the phone after I spoke to Adam for a few minutes about some issues I have with $cientology, and said she would remove me from their mailing list, but just needed to confirm the address and information to remove. I declined and told her to remove any address associated with the phone number they called me, which I told them they called me, so they don't need me to repeat it.

I've recieved mail from the "church" in the past under my last name and my step fathers last name, as well as different spellings for my first name, and at old address still after giving my new address. It made me think they were more concerned with sending out mail than to be efficient and effective. Wouldn't it save money to not have to send out double or triple or quadruple the mail because of duplicate names and address that aren't current and people who don't want to be part of the "church"?
    "Monsters hide in the dark"
    "Truth is not a majority vote"
    "Absolute certainty keeps you from finding out you were wrong"
    "My self worth is not rooted in your opinion of me"
    "$cientology: The Bridge to Total Insanity"

The basic purpose of CF is to keep the mice well bedded. Unfortunately they are very poor mice, you've heard the expression as poor as a church of scientology mouse?

The folders are hard to remove from the drawers and boxes as they have to be rammed in, there are staples and mice shit and the wonderful smell of their piss too.

Only people with very little self esteem will take the job on without running out shouting swearwords. I've watched really nice people become drivelling idiots just from filing in CF, it usually takes two hours and people are ready to scream. It doesnt help that the files are often chucked in random order by helpers who just don't want to be there.

People who make it in CF have to be very special people. There's something about CF that just sucks life out of you, it's a sort of theta trap/vacuum cleaner.
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

8. Likes SignPost liked this post
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Looks like Orange County is getting around to sorting its Central Files:

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote13 View Post
    Some dude named Adam called me last year and mentioned a letter I wrote when I was a kid, I "liked seafood and movies" lol. I'm in my 30's now( and my tastes have broadened hella :P)
    Really? That pretty much describes my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote13 View Post
    Wouldn't it save money to not have to send out double or triple or quadruple the mail because of duplicate names and address that aren't current and people who don't want to be part of the "church"?
    This is sort of ironic. I heard the word "dev T" get thrown around a lot. But never to describe things like this, a literal example of astonishing Dev T. Usually it was just used when you asked your senior for help and they didn't know how to solve the problem. "Just do it! I don't need the dev-t!"

11. Likes Coyote13 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by StickbyMe View Post
    Really? That pretty much describes my interests.

This is sort of ironic. I heard the word "dev T" get thrown around a lot. But never to describe things like this, a literal example of astonishing Dev T. Usually it was just used when you asked your senior for help and they didn't know how to solve the problem. "Just do it! I don't need the dev-t!"
    I can't recall who it was but it caused quite a stir. Someone once wrote a letter per the LRH policy. Look at the file and if a question comes up ask it type thing. The letter was,

Hubbard Scientology Organisation London
    68 tottenham ct Rd

Dear mr Smith,
    are you a tit or bum man?
    yours sincerely etc.

Wonderful stuff.

''Dear Mr Smith,
    Everywhere in the modern world there is neglect, the need to be recognized, which is not satisfied. Art is a way of recognizing oneself, which is why it will always be modern. (Louise Bourgeois)

Patron with Honors

I was letter reg at the LAOrg in thee 60's. So of course, I had to work with CF. You would have been proud of me. If someone had asked Time after time to stop mailings, I wrotea nice letter assuring them that I personally would see to it, but leaving the door cracked' I would tell them if they wanted to communicate with us again they were wdlcome to do so. I would then throw their folder in the trash. I even had people write me back, thanking me.

I would dictate my letters and my secretary would type them. We only wrote to them with reality. My stat for letters recieved was the highest the org had ever had at that time. Funny what a little interest in the peron you were wsriting and a little reality could produce.

Then they made me Reg. Boy , you should have seen some of the things I pulled then. This was long before Hard Sell, Thank God.

Ahhh! The good ol' days.
    Aunt Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast